Mist.

Mar 15, 2021
The dev has changed version Ren'Py.
• Tales From The Unending Void S2 v0.17 uses Ren'Py v7.5.3.​
• Tales From The Unending Void S2 v0.18 uses Ren'Py v8.1.1.​

Very disappointed by the choice of the new Ren'Py version. Unfortunately, version 8.1.1 is not compatible with all devices. I'm currently unable to play the latest version of the game, either because it won't start, or because it crashes while I'm playing and I end up with a black screen. The only solution is to borrow a PC (without an ARM CPU), unpack and decompile everything, then recompile with the latest stable version of Ren'Py (v8.0.3).

Please Perverteer, can you compile the next version of the game with Ren'Py v8.0.3 or older?

P.s.: I understand that most of you won't give a damn about this post since v0.18 of the game works just fine on your device. But please, be understanding and avoid useless comments like "buy a other PC". Not everyone has the same priorities, amount of money, or lifestyle.

Animoo

Mar 26, 2020
Not sure if the dev is active here, but I got a weird bug about Eva's harem proposal.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yeh I had the same bug, i actually tried going back to episode 15 to play from there and the bug still happends, i changed the variable to make it work.
I don't think I would have known about this if y'all didn't mention it. Thanks, got it to work!

Reactions: OnePT12

teabaiseach

Nov 12, 2017
The date is changed, reason why I am not sure that's our saves
Renpy added an ID than marks the system that created a save so it can give a warning or something on loading other peoples saves. This unfortunatly was done by adding it to all the saves on run without preserving the original save date. So yeah when you run a game that is updated to which ever renpy version does this all your saves will have their date time set to that first run.

With regard to arid environment survival I'm pretty sure the advice is drink when thirsty not to ration water as you become dehydrated suffer heat stroke and die all while carrying around water in a bottle.

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
P.s.: I understand that most of you won't give a damn about this post since v0.18 of the game works just fine on your device. But please, be understanding and avoid useless comments like "buy a other PC". Not everyone has the same priorities, amount of money, or lifestyle.
It may seem useless to you but you have to understand that 32 bit is obsolete and no longer being supported.

Everything has moved on and phased it out including Ren'py.

As far as i'm aware nothing is being developed for 32 bit anymore so while "buy another PC" may sound useless and you are right that other people do have different priorities, money and lifestyle it doesn't change the fact that your system has been left behind. This has been happening for the past couple of years so it's not a recent thing.

The dev also needs to move forward because it's only a matter of time before older versions of Ren'py are phased out and newer versions offer the dev a better engine to work with.

While it is unfortunate not everyone can upgrade, that's how tech has always worked. It's constantly advancing and those that can't keep up do get left behind.

People telling you to buy a new PC are being snarky or trying to give a shady answer, they are saying it because you are using an outdated and obsolete system and that is the only option.

Feb 21, 2023
People telling you to buy a new PC are being snarky or trying to give a shady answer, they are saying it because you are using an outdated and obsolete system and that is the only option.
Additionally, a lot of devices (especially PC's) do not need full replacement to upgrade to a 64-bit OS, only some and pretty old ones might. You could get in trouble if you have a PC with less than (idk, just wildly guesstimating here) 4GB of RAM or something really low like that, but most desktop PC's should be fine upgrading just by installing a 64-bit OS.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
The date is changed, reason why I am not sure that's our saves
I think there's a bug in a recent version of Renpy - probably the one that Pervereer is using - such that all old saves get their date/timestamp reset to the same date/time, which is very confusing.

Reactions: Stringy Bob

Mist.

Mar 15, 2021
It may seem useless to you but you have to understand that 32 bit is obsolete and no longer being supported.

Everything has moved on and phased it out including Ren'py.

As far as i'm aware nothing is being developed for 32 bit anymore so while "buy another PC" may sound useless and you are right that other people do have different priorities, money and lifestyle it doesn't change the fact that your system has been left behind. This has been happening for the past couple of years so it's not a recent thing.

The dev also needs to move forward because it's only a matter of time before older versions of Ren'py are phased out and newer versions offer the dev a better engine to work with.

While it is unfortunate not everyone can upgrade, that's how tech has always worked. It's constantly advancing and those that can't keep up do get left behind.

Thanks for your concern, but I'm using 64-bit hardware that's less than 3 years old (with 8-core ARM CPU and 8 GB RAM).

The Ren'Py 8.1.1 version is unstable on some devices. By the way, other problems have also been reported, such as the time-stamping of savegames. On another game, players are complaining about the incompatibility of saves from one version of the game to another ever since the dev is using Ren'Py 8.1.1.

The most recent truly stable version is 8.0.3 (even with ARM processors), many devs use it. So I'm not suggesting an obsolete version, but the very latest reliable version.

Last edited:
Reactions: botc76

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
Additionally, a lot of devices (especially PC's) do not need full replacement to upgrade to a 64-bit OS, only some and pretty old ones might. You could get in trouble if you have a PC with less than (idk, just wildly guesstimating here) 4GB of RAM or something really low like that, but most desktop PC's should be fine upgrading just by installing a 64-bit OS.
Thanks. The reason I haven't upgraded long before this is that my old and no longer maintained, but much-loved, email application will not run under 64-bit Windows. I've been putting off the day when I'll have to switch to a new email app, which will involve (a) having to familiarise myself with it and (b) transferring all my saved email across to it - possible but not to be undertaken lightly. When I do finally bit the bullet, I'll go for a more powerful PC, as I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Thanks. The reason I haven't upgraded long before this is that my old and no longer maintained, but much-loved, email application will not run under 64-bit Windows. I've been putting off the day when I'll have to switch to a new email app, which will involve (a) having to familiarise myself with it and (b) transferring all my saved email across to it - possible but not to be undertaken lightly. When I do finally bit the bullet, I'll go for a more powerful PC, as I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it.
This is such a wild reason to me to leave your system that vulnerable. An email app of all things, huh the world and its people never cease to amaze me

Perverteer

Peddler of Unspeakable Goods
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2017
Not sure if the dev is active here, but I got a weird bug about Eva's harem proposal.
That sounds like a bad conditional. I'll check it out and probably add some extra checks for the combination of ep015_eva_love and the falsy ep015_eva_truth.

The dev has changed version Ren'Py.
• Tales From The Unending Void S2 v0.17 uses Ren'Py v7.5.3.​
• Tales From The Unending Void S2 v0.18 uses Ren'Py v8.1.1.​

Very disappointed by the choice of the new Ren'Py version. Unfortunately, version 8.1.1 is not compatible with all devices. I'm currently unable to play the latest version of the game, either because it won't start, or because it crashes while I'm playing and I end up with a black screen. The only solution is to borrow a PC (without an ARM CPU), unpack and decompile everything, then recompile with the latest stable version of Ren'Py (v8.0.3).

Please Perverteer, can you compile the next version of the game with Ren'Py v8.0.3 or older?

Yes, I'm using 8.1.1 at the moment. I normally only upgrade Ren'Py versions at the start of a development cycle, so I haven't had the chance to upgrade (or downgrade, for that matter). Is the latest 8.1.3 any better? Also, is there any log.txt in your game directory of those crashes, if so I'd be interested in the contents.

I did a cursory search of Ren'Py's bug tracker, but the only thing I could find was . If your hardware is less than 3 years old, Ren'Py should be made compatible. I don't know what device you're using and what troubleshooting you've already done, but if you can access the renderer menu you could try switching and see if that resolves things.

If that doesn't work, it might be better to file a bug report over . If you're okay to provide me with the details I'd be happy to file the report for you.

absalon1977

Jun 5, 2018
Wait Eva is currently bugged?
Yes if you talked with her about other girls in chapter 15 then there should be a conversation and a choice regarding harem in this update, i am not sure if everyone have this bug but there is a few of us that have this issue, its easy to fix if you don´t know how to do it with the console you could use universal renpy mod to force the variable it works fine at least for now.

Mar 29, 2023
Yes if you talked with her about other girls in chapter 15 then there should be a conversation and a choice regarding harem in this update, i am not sure if everyone have this bug but there is a few of us that have this issue, its easy to fix if you don´t know how to do it with the console you could use universal renpy mod to force the variable it works fine at least for now.
Damn I guess it is bugged for me too as I didn't get that option brought up. I'll just wait for Perverteer to release an patch later and replay the chapter since I was planning on replaying it anyway.

Reactions: Nice_II

HarryJSON

Apr 7, 2023
Since there is a multiple penetration tag I guess there is some kind of orgy scenes in this game. Are those avoidable?

4.40 star(s) 134 Votes