MinasAnor

Mar 25, 2019
I think I found the problem. My log.txt file gets deleted every time... i just observed that. Thing is it isn't in my quarantine

MinasAnor

Mar 25, 2019
Just pissing in the wind here, but, did you try rebooting your pc? Not being an ass. Sometimes it's the simplest things that might help. Windows likes to keep some shit running constantly and that could affect how other apps/games behave. Which is why I don't use it.
I did. Several times, matter of fact

MinasAnor

Mar 25, 2019
I didnt face this issue when i was running 0.4 though, even though my av was still on. I just reinstalled the av a month ago... same thing though

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Sorry guys but i can't start the game at all when I click on the main icon nothing happens .
I re-downloaded the files but still the same problem anyone has a solution for this .
THANK YOU
If I recall correctly, sometimes the game has problems starting if the path to exe file is too long or has special characters.

Try putting the game into a folder with a shorter path name like C:/Name of the game

Perverteer

Peddler of Unspeakable Goods
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2017
I'm sidestepping the Raene discussion, because I know the answers and me participating wouldn't be any fun. ;)

long story short i had some problems with windows defender so I managed to stop it for good and it works for me and I had no problems so far so back to the main problem the game doesn't start any solution ?
I didnt face this issue when i was running 0.4 though, even though my av was still on. I just reinstalled the av a month ago... same thing though
Have you tried shortening the path to the game? Even renaming the game's install directory to "tftuv" instead of the long-ass name it currently unpacks to might help.

If that doesn't resolve things, outdated video drivers might be an issue or if your install path contains characters that your current system language cannot display correctly (so Chinese characters when your language is set to English, for example).

• Love
Reactions: vmaks and engramy82

engramy82

May 19, 2018
If I recall correctly, sometimes the game has problems starting if the path to exe file is too long or has special characters.

Try putting the game into a folder with a shorter path name like C:/Name of the game
I'm sidestepping the Raene discussion, because I know the answers and me participating wouldn't be any fun. ;)

Have you tried shortening the path to the game? Even renaming the game's install directory to "tftuv" instead of the long-ass name it currently unpacks to might help.

If that doesn't resolve things, outdated video drivers might be an issue or if your install path contains characters that your current system language cannot display correctly (so Chinese characters when your language is set to English, for example).
Thank both of you it was the "long-ass name" of the game folder I just deleted half of the folder name and now the game works .

I think that will be a valuable note for the developer in the future .

Perverteer

Peddler of Unspeakable Goods
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2017
Thank both of you it was the "long-ass name" of the game folder I just deleted half of the folder name and now the game works .

I think that will be a valuable note for the developer in the future .
Bill Gates just needs to fix his operating system!!! :mad::mad::mad: Or is he supposedly too busy inserting chips into people's heads because of the pandemic, I forgot...

But you're right, I'll shorten the name for the next releases, seems like quite a few people ran into this problem.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I have not an antivirus.
I don't even have an anti-virus app on my PC so I don't think that's the problem in my case .
Unless you are using a very outdated windows version that is not true.
Windows defender is a actual antivirus on newest OS versions (win10/win8).
Exactly. Windows Defender is an antivirus. Has been for years.
It disabled itself when you had another AV installed and until recently it was also possible to disable it manually via its settings or registry or by using a policy.

Windows 10 August 2020 update (version 4.18.2007.8) or actually the Microsoft Defender Antimalware platform 4.18.2007.8 it contained, removed that option, or rather, the system now ignores the registry key responsible for it.
So, in case you don't have another AV installed and running, Windows Defender is active. You can not easily disable it any more.
It disables itself only when it detects another AV being active on the system.

Anybody having issues with the exe file on this one. I've downloaded all the versions the compressed standard, extras and the originals and I just can't seem to get them to play. I've downloaded using a browser and JDownloader. Anybody else with similar issues?

EDIT: My Antivirus is already disabled.
long story short i had some problems with windows defender so I managed to stop it for good and it works for me and I had no problems so far so back to the main problem the game doesn't start any solution ?
Since Windows 10 August 2020 update (version 4.18.2007.8), if you have another AV installed and you disable it, Windows Defender becomes active again.
You can disable Windows Defender manually only temporarily. If you don't enable it again manually later, it becomes active automatically after you restart your PC.

Because the dev has created a custom icon for the .application rather than using the default renpy icon it may registeras a virus with some AV software. You should be able to create an exception for the game within your AV.
That seems to be often the reason for AV's going nuts over Ren'Py and other indie game platforms.

Now it's probably easier to try to add the game folder to AV exceptions (for your installed AV and Windows Defender both) than disable Windows Defender. It's also generally safer.

To actually really disable Windows Defender permanently now, since the aforementioned update, you have to go through this guide step-by-step:

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 135 Votes