Others Completed Teen Witches Academy [Final] [Drunk Robot]

1.70 star(s) 27 Votes

djustmie

Nov 5, 2017
why a spinn off (mbanga the voyeur) instead off implenting it in the main game (t.w.a) ?
for me it is a missed change to improve the game with more content (more content is more players more change for patreon)

just my thoughts and now i will mot play the spin off

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
I played this for the first time today and this is my impressions.

• I really don't like the engine it's built on. It's clunky and lacks basic settings. Whenever I start playing a VN I will ramp up the text speed to 'instant' and turn down the music so that it's unobtrusive and just a background function. There is no option to do this here forcing me to adjust my system volume and live with the current text speed, so it got me off on the wrong foot straight away.
  • There are spelling errors and sloppy grammar all over the place but I suppose not much worse than the usual fare.
  • The buttons when you get into the game give very little information meaning you have to click on the pictograms in order to see what they might do with some of these actually taking an immediate action with no indication of what was occurring or confirmation before the action. Maybe a simple explanation screen to give an indication of what the buttons do before throwing you into the game or even a hover over text box?
  • I then suffered two crashes around a similar point that both gave no indication of a crash, just hung on a screen. If this was any indication of what was to be expected playing this game then I can really live without it.

The whole thing was experienced in less than 30 minutes and I won't be bothering with furthering my experiences with this game, it's just got too much potential for frustration and irritation with very little promise of being a 'good' game.

Diglwssos

Jul 31, 2017
As for invisibility potion:
1. You have to be able to "Summon Oracle". If you want help with that tell me so as to replay it and remember it.
2. You have to ask the Oracle to "Steal an invisibility potion". If you do that the next day you will find it during reading time at the left of your desk.
3. You have to read for invisibility potions one, two or three time (I don't remember). When you have finished reading he will say that you should find a butterfly.
4. In time that you can start patrols go to the gate where Drala is. If it is all ok you can do two things with Drala. Either to get a butterfly (left of her head) or to speak with her (three dots). Choose the butterfly.
5. At time of reading choose the potions (in the left side of your desk) and you will be able to use the upgraded invisibility potion. So you can go "patrol the garden" and go on with the story.

As for lessons of Alchemy:
1. You have to go to the lesson once. During reading time press the "?" button and choose "Assist at an Alchemy Lab".
2. You have to "Summon Oracle" and choose to "Sabotage the Alchemy Lab".
3. You have to read for explosion spells .
4. You have to find the purple potion sth like that. You will go to Alchemy time first time in the morning. There you will find Karissa. Speak to her and she will go. The purple potion will be in the desk.
4,5. Save here in an other slot because there was a bug for me here.
5. In reading time use the explosion potion.
6. You have to "Summon Oracle" and choose to "Sabotage the Alchemy Lab". After that you will sleep.
7. Go to the lesson "Assist to an Alchemy Lab".

Good luck.

Last edited:

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
I played this for the first time today and this is my impressions.

• I really don't like the engine it's built on. It's clunky and lacks basic settings. Whenever I start playing a VN I will ramp up the text speed to 'instant' and turn down the music so that it's unobtrusive and just a background function. There is no option to do this here forcing me to adjust my system volume and live with the current text speed, so it got me off on the wrong foot straight away.
  • There are spelling errors and sloppy grammar all over the place but I suppose not much worse than the usual fare.
  • The buttons when you get into the game give very little information meaning you have to click on the pictograms in order to see what they might do with some of these actually taking an immediate action with no indication of what was occurring or confirmation before the action. Maybe a simple explanation screen to give an indication of what the buttons do before throwing you into the game or even a hover over text box?
  • I then suffered two crashes around a similar point that both gave no indication of a crash, just hung on a screen. If this was any indication of what was to be expected playing this game then I can really live without it.

The whole thing was experienced in less than 30 minutes and I won't be bothering with furthering my experiences with this game, it's just got too much potential for frustration and irritation with very little promise of being a 'good' game.
I've wanted to write something similar, but I kept catching myself unable to end the rant. It just kept going and going.

I'll add two things to this post:

a) I don't think I have ever been so disappointed in a game that I wanted to like sooo much.

b) When you are not in the middle of a conversation or activity, there has to be a way to look at what spells you have and how many magic points you have. I eventually grabbed a pad of paper and started to keep track. This ain't no 1983 text based RPG game on a Tandy computer, it's 2020!

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
I've wanted to write something similar, but I kept catching myself unable to end the rant. It just kept going and going.

a) I don't think I have ever been so disappointed in a game that I wanted to like sooo much.

b) When you are not in the middle of a conversation or activity, there has to be a way to look at what spells you have and how many magic points you have. I eventually grabbed a pad of paper and started to keep track. This ain't no 1983 text based RPG game on a Tandy computer, it's 2020!
Yeah, I didn't even really get to the magic or any other mechanic really. I basically got to the first day on the job and realised that the limitations of the UI and engine were going to be a total pain and annoy me throughout but with two freezes I just jacked the whole thing in. Clunky UI's lead to a bad experience.

SlaveStates

Oct 31, 2018

Agreed. But I think the worst is the skip. hold CTRL down and while you do not have to click each time, but the whole UI moves at the same pace, unless the "scene" changes the have to release and hold again. Trying to skip the night time activities that you have already seen 10 times has the be the worst programming. If its the exact same scene with same dialog, it should just add another point to what ever variable and skip it completely.

ordos

Aug 21, 2018
The game is a mess in a current state. The idea is promising! Good wishes to further development!

And as a suggestion for the first step - skipping button. That would be veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery appreciated!

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbyTheBubble

Warsteel

May 26, 2017
Ok after kicking this around over the course of several versions I have my thoughts on this. Bear in mind I know it's not finished so take this as a "state of the union" for current (0.10) affairs.

1: Harry Potter meets The Witcher. Not very original but interesting nonetheless. I'll call this a pro. +1
2: Time management. I like this type of game but this one is a bit... restricted. Not many phases per day makes you question how some of these activities can possibly take so long. Maybe the protag actually IS a grandpa and takes naps between. -1
3: The Grind. This grind is so grindy you have to grind in order to access more grind. Aanndd the word has suddenly lost meaning. -1
4: Punished for trying. If you commit the sin of clicking on certain things that are not yet in the game or available at that time the day moves on as if you did something anyway, Really? It takes the MC several hours (see item #2) to figure out he can't do something? They should have left him in lock-up. -1
5: Plenty of characters and they have their own things going on rather than it all existing to cater to the MC. +1
6: Live, die, repeat -- and repeat -- and repeat. The grind is bad enough without going through the exact same events over and over without making quick versions for subsequent viewings. And the skip function is difficult to stop once activated unlike more commonly used engines. -1

Overall (-2): This is where we part ways. It's just too grindy and not very user friendly for my tastes. For those who can enjoy it, more power to you. That's a good thing. But I'm all set with it. Good luck, have fun.

1.70 star(s) 27 Votes