PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
I dont even have unlocked the quest log:(}
C'mon, that can't be possible. If you click on the tome on the top of the screen, you should see all the quests that unlock when you speak to the various people you encounter.

marlonmyers

Nov 2, 2020
C'mon, that can't be possible. If you click on the tome on the top of the screen, you should see all the quests that unlock when you speak to the various people you encounter.
Yes, What I mean is I didnt unlock the quest lof for the mom
1673443823498.png
I already did 100% of the sister, the last thing with the mom was her secod visit to my house:/, then she only disappeared.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Yes, What I mean is I didnt unlock the quest lof for the mom
View attachment 2302769
I already did 100% of the sister, the last thing with the mom was her secod visit to my house:/, then she only disappeared.
There isn't much more content with here AFAIK. I vaguely remember a scene where she fell on yer bum, exposing herself by accident, but I can't remember what triggered that.

anzug

Oct 30, 2019
With the number of random encounters that seem to be vital to advancing the story, but have nothing indicating where or how to find them, this game desperately needs a walkthrough.

Like, currently stuck on trying to heal the tree/restore the portal. Everything else showing 100% complete except the evidence to the queen. Have five of the three pieces, found the mug, drank with the merchant, but nothing triggers after that. After picking through the thread here, I guess at some point I was meant to meet a princess? Except that never triggered either.

The artwork is amazing, but figuring out what to do and where to go is maddening.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
With the number of random encounters that seem to be vital to advancing the story, but have nothing indicating where or how to find them, this game desperately needs a walkthrough.
Or better yet, it needs to fix the problem instead of treat the symptom.
Dev should indicate in game where to go find those random encounters.
... and make them less random

Reactions: doodledingle88

pr83

May 5, 2017
Are the animations not looped properly or haven't been finished yet?
Almost all of them play one frame then stop.

LazerShark

Mar 5, 2020

Like, currently stuck on trying to heal the tree/restore the portal. Everything else showing 100% complete except the evidence to the queen. Have five of the three pieces, found the mug, drank with the merchant, but nothing triggers after that. After picking through the thread here, I guess at some point I was meant to meet a princess? Except that never triggered either.

The artwork is amazing, but figuring out what to do and where to go is maddening.
Needs to be less buggy as well. I played this a few months back, so I remember the quests and where those random encounters are. Apparently I did not do them in the right order or something because I broke my game and softlocked myself out of a few quests, and I even got a ren'py error when I got to the palace. Just said fuck it and skipped to the new content. I remember the first time I played this and the palace section was buggy and had a few problems going on regarding dialogues and triggers, and exploring the beyond and using the crystals messed with the navigation, and playing this version again it seems that this has not been fixed properly. Dev really needs to get his act together and start polishing the game, because now that there is a new desert area and new mechanics, these issues are likely not going to get any better.

lil dicky

Jul 12, 2017
where is all the evidence for the queen? I have Cherry's story, the odd fungus, yellow around the roots, empty mug at night, and keeper's story? What am I missing?

anzug

Oct 30, 2019
Needs to be less buggy as well. I played this a few months back, so I remember the quests and where those random encounters are. Apparently I did not do them in the right order or something because I broke my game and softlocked myself out of a few quests, and I even got a ren'py error when I got to the palace. Just said fuck it and skipped to the new content. I remember the first time I played this and the palace section was buggy and had a few problems going on regarding dialogues and triggers, and exploring the beyond and using the crystals messed with the navigation, and playing this version again it seems that this has not been fixed properly. Dev really needs to get his act together and start polishing the game, because now that there is a new desert area and new mechanics, these issues are likely not going to get any better.

Yeah, the quest randomly progressed after opening the game again a couple days later. No other change was made. Very odd.

Like, again, I LOVE the artwork in this game, and honestly, the other "gameplay" aspects aren't bad either. But boy howdy, the pathing is driving me bananas

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Problems that need to be addressed.

1. Fix the first Beyond pathing. in the first beyond trying to find anything on the map is nearly impossible when there is no proper North East South and West directions. Why no South? Why is it when you go East somewhere you suddenly jump what should be 2 squares on the map and go Northeast? Just fix the damn map so you can find that note again and find that mushroom field. There is no reason for the stupid logic in the first part and get rid of the go back that should be a south option.

2. Desert map makes sense and can get around but expand the viewable area a bit sucks to die because you tried to turn back when the next oasis is just one square from being revealed. Give it another square of visibility so we know if we need to turn back or not.

3. Quest guide needs work stop showing quests that can't be done yet. For example the one to save the tree you first have to get teleportation to find the guy who is destroying the tree . Trying to solve a quest and wasting half an hour when it's not solvable yet is dumb. Put some triggers into the order of the quests. Another example is the capture the spirit before you even found the blacksmith since she is required to continue.

4. Make paths look like paths for example the blacksmith UNLESS you turn on the arrows is nearly impossible to find as it does not even look like a path of any sorts. I finally gave up and turned on them stupid arrows and found her hidden down there in the grotto type area.

5. Fix the quest indicator as I had to click on them all the time to see if there is a new quest since they only show partial when your actually working a quest but when a new one was available they showed fully lit up. Give some indicator there is a new quest maybe just a dot or something on the icon right now you have to click on them every time they are fully lit to see if there is a new quest to start. It's a bit confusing.

A112548

Jan 14, 2020
anyone found how to use the dev console yet? i tried a few things, but nothing works. i tried to mess with gold amount and health.

TDoddery

Apr 28, 2020
I don't share some of the other criticisms, yeah the navigation is awkward sometimes but you can figure it out. A game shouldn't be too easy after all. This is overall a nice game, but ...

... on the other hand it is way too buggy on the continuity front. it's one of those games where you can tell the Dev had a particular idea of the order in which things were likely to happen and so it's coded for that, but there are also plenty of opportunities to do things in a different order and those are not catered for. There are numerous examples of events not being switched off after they happened.

As with other players, I also seem to be locked out of the Alchemy quest, but not because (as others have reported) you can't pick the mushroom again. No, I've got the fucking mushroom in my inventory already, but the code is ignoring it.

Same sort of thing with the second lucky coin. It's in my inventory but I can't toss it into the well at night because the code is behaving like I don't have it.

I can't really understand how the code would get these things wrong because I would expect it simply to interrogate the same variables as are used for whether or not the items appear in the inventory, but it must be using some other contingency test, and that doesn't seem to make much sense from a programming perspective.

As for silly continuity glitches which don't actually to break the game but do destroy the immersion, when the queen says she's going to the temple and leaves, if instead of the MC doing what he was expected to do you instead send him straight to the castle throne room, guess what? the queen is there acting like she didn't just see him in the street. Maybe there should be an option to ask her "I thought Your Majesty just said she was going to the temple?" - lol

Reactions: Mint-ER#
4.10 star(s) 39 Votes