VN Ren'Py Abandoned The City of Promise [Ch.1 Remake Bugfix] [TGO Entertainment]

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
no, the story is (and will be) pretty linear...i may have missed those lines...or read them wrong(like when you read "then" but the word written it's actually "than")
"There were only a few men that lived around me and, while I slept with all of them, there was one in particular..."
Genetically bimbo-fide landlady loves having sex with lots of people. Great concept for a great story. Why then force me as the player to pretend she is the Virgin Mary that gets easily offended? And why force me as the player to pick out 'sensible' clothes that she will apparently wear later in the game if I want to go further in the game? I don't mind grinding if it makes sense for the game play. This Is not that - in my opinion.

Last edited:

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
"There were only a few men that lived around me and, while I slept with all of them, there was one in particular..."
Genetically bimbo-fide landlady loves having sex with lots of people. Great concept for a great story. Why then force me as the player to pretend she is the Virgin Mary that gets easily offended? And why force me as the player to pick out 'sensible' clothes that she will apparently wear later in the game if I want to go further in the game? I don't mind grinding if it makes sense for the game play. This Is not that - in my opinion.
Lol so because she's slept with a few men it should automatically make her want to dress like a slut all the time? Most people (and women are people) like sex but aren't complete sluts.

She still wants to be treated like a woman and not a living fleshlight.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Demoness_Kiss clowns234 I'm almost positive she said she's been with 3 men, only one of them serious. I don't think the serious one was the father because "he left and then her kids came along" and she turned all of her focus to them.

But of course it could have just been confusing writing.
and that's why the dev is remaking the first chapter, with some proofreading and trying to fix the inconsistencies

i bolded and underlines the important parts

Genetically bimbo-fide landlady who has sex with lots of people...who apparently has low self-esteem? i don't know you, but to me feels contradictory...unless she is slut-shamed(which is not the case) i don't see the logic

Lol so because she's slept with a few men it should automatically make her want to dress like a slut all the time? Most people (and women are people) like sex but aren't complete sluts.

her problem(again) is low self-esteem, she is basically a goddess(i mean, as far as HoneySelect2 can go with its graphic, she is pretty for a "videogame character") but she has low self-esteem....HOW?

The mother isn't slut-shamed, (i wouldn't be surprised if in this game's society, being called a "slut" it's actually a compliment XD) she just brainwashed herself into have low self-esteem??? I mean her friends did nothing but complimenting her, her own "daughter/roommate" does the same...so how and why she has low self-esteem?

this is my question(that i'm keep repeating): How and Why someone, that looks like the perfect wife(aside for the issue with sleeping drugs and the whole secrecy thing, which it's a society-thing, so i'm willing to forgive them or at least accept it and move on) managed to lose their self-esteem?

Reactions: clowns234

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021

Then don't make her a 'living fleshlight' if you want her to be this shy pure mom. There lies the conflict - for me.
And the only reason that I can see why this is being done is to add filler and implement game mechanics. I am sure some may like the 'dress up barbie' sim. I personally do not.
I know I'm coming off harsh on a 'demo' here but I just think this game has so much wasted potential.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
and that's why the dev is remaking the first chapter, with some proofreading and trying to fix the inconsistencies

i bolded and underlines the important parts

Genetically bimbo-fide landlady who has sex with lots of people...who apparently has low self-esteem? i don't know you, but to me feels contradictory...unless she is slut-shamed(which is not the case) i don't see the logic

her problem(again) is low self-esteem, she is basically a goddess(i mean, as far as HoneySelect2 can go with its graphic, she is pretty for a "videogame character") but she has low self-esteem....HOW?

The mother isn't slut-shamed, (i wouldn't be surprised if in this game's society, being called a "slut" it's actually a compliment XD) she just brainwashed herself into have low self-esteem??? I mean her friends did nothing but complimenting her, her own "daughter/roommate" does the same...so how and why she has low self-esteem?

this is my question(that i'm keep repeating): How and Why someone, that looks like the perfect wife(aside for the issue with sleeping drugs and the whole secrecy thing, which it's a society-thing, so i'm willing to forgive them or at least accept it and move on) managed to lose their self-esteem?
Low self-esteem quite often doesn't make sense to an observer. All the compliments in the world won't erase that inner voice that screams at her that the one man she loved left her because she's disgusting, or ugly, or stupid, or her tits are too big to be attractive, or whatever other shit she's got in her mind.

Reactions: clowns234

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Low self-esteem quite often doesn't make sense to an observer. All the compliments in the world won't erase that inner voice that screams at her that the one man she loved left her because she's disgusting, or ugly, or stupid, or her tits are too big to be attractive, or whatever other shit she's got in her mind.
fair point...although the men simply disappeared...as far as i remember u.u

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
fair point...although the men simply disappeared...as far as i remember u.u
' Low self-esteem quite often doesn't make sense to an observer.' In real life, yes. But this is a game. I think it could be sold better.

This game has a lot of similarities to 'In For a Penny' and I have similar critiques.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
' Low self-esteem quite often doesn't make sense to an observer.' In real life, yes. But this is a game. I think it could be sold better.

This game has a lot of similarities to 'In For a Penny' and I have similar critiques.
this is also a fair point XD

i don't know that game...i just checked the screenshots...i don't like the characters' faces...so...feel free to expose your critiques u.u, although the premise of that game is similar to this one u.u

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
this is also a fair point XD

i don't know that game...i just checked the screenshots...i don't like the characters' faces...so...feel free to expose your critiques u.u, although the premise of that game is similar to this one u.u
THE MC is thrown into an alien created world where there is nothing but genetically modified and very horny women. Here, it's the MC who wants to take it slow. So as a player, you are forced to be introduced to / engage with all 40+ women and choose to all but ignore their sexual advances.
The premise presented is that the women were chosen for their sexual appetites, ie not because of genetic modifications. And it is made known that the guy is not gay.

Last edited:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I actually assumed that Mom got her heart broken after the population was wiped, but I could be wrong.
i mean...there are no comments or dialogues about the mother surviving the apocalypse...

and by "the man simply disappeared" i mean "the guy was busy fucking and impregnating other women (MAYBE, it's just me guessing stuff about it, because we don't know what happened to that man)"

so yeah i meant the classic "the guy impregnates the girl and then he leaves for Mexico"

TNVL

Aug 21, 2018
the guy is into bimbos and dolls...just look who he does support on patreon!
That is actually old, but for some reason it won't update it. But yeah, not denying that. But still, I stand with what I said, since they won't get a bad back, it would make sense there would someone that would go a bit crazy.

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
Hmm .. this game intrigued me. But I have a question, what's the deal with these drugs? What are these drugs and what do they cause? why women give them MC? :unsure:

I don't like drugs and moments when someone poisons MC with them, especially in secret..

Reactions: Jsd16

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
Hmm .. this game intrigued me. But I have a question, what's the deal with these drugs? What are these drugs and what do they cause? why women give them MC? :unsure:

I don't like drugs and moments when someone poisons MC with them, especially in secret..
the thing with the drug is that is lacking some context, but basically they give it to the people that haven't past the "Initiation" and what it does it put the person to sleep so that the ones that did past the initiation can have sex undisturbed, when I mention context is because its not explained yet what is the initiation and why is necessary to give the him the drug, Apparently it's done to everyone that hast gone through it (man and woman) but a lack of explanation its the reason why people reacted badly to the revelation.

Reactions: Qmil679

Techstar

Crlazy Compressor - Retired
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Dec 31, 2017
The City of Promise [Ch. 1 - Rewrite] [TGO Entertainment] - Compressed
You like this game and want to support the developer, click on the developer name below.
Developer:

Original Win/Linux Size: 2.07 GB
Original Mac Size: 2.03 GB

Compressed Win Size: 119 MB
Compressed Mac Size: 102 MB
Compressed Linux Size: 110 MB

Compressed using YAC - Yet Another Cruncher (A Game Compactor) [V3.1b]
Quality Level: Medium
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This compression is unofficial which reduces image/audio/video quality and might break the game.

If you enjoy this compressed version, please click the "(y)like" to give me support.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

bobdickgus

Apr 9, 2020
MC is now very slightly annoyed about being drugged and lied too but then immediately rolls over like a whipped dog. I choose exile. Mother is ugly and sister is annoying so no great loss.

You can get into a nice permanent loop insulting the sister which is ok I guess.

Oh also according to MC's thoughts he is an incredible pervert but never tried to get it on with any of his five classmates in an empty corridor for during those years of high teenage female hormones as the only male? cool story bro!

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Honestly, i'm doing the "both route" and god, the mother is a repressed nymphomaniac who is caring and all(my kind of thing, i'm vanilla a lot, i love healthy relationships...maybe it's because i'm demi-sexual, i think and believe that sex can't exist without love)...which is something i usually love(i mean, read my signature! those games are filled with healthy fluff and vanilla)...but then i remember that she willingly drugged MC for around a decade and i become like "please, exile me! let me leave this house filled with lies!"

and then we have Samantha...and i already ranted a lot about it...so i won't say anything more XD(just read that post again XD)

and i am into depths stories, and the dev described a futuristic world, i wanna know more about it, i crave some lore behind MC's situation, why is he forgiving them so easily? is he just THAT horny? so horny to forget and forgive that he was drugged for years?

and yeah, MC is antisocial because it's said like that, i mean, his friends disappeared and apparently now only he and Sarah(his bestfriend) are the only ones in their class

for a first attempt it's a decent game...but this whole lack of reactions...it's annoying and makes me question things about ...pretty much everything
I must be even more vanilla in my tastes, because in your list of games there are at least 4 that I'm not going to play in any way... In fact, one of the games was recommended to me: "despite being centered on domination, they are healthy and loving relationships." I didn't get past the intro.

From what I've read I don't think I'm interested in this game at all.

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes