4.10 star(s) 9 Votes

feierflei

Protect pretty exhibitionists at all costs!
Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
[...] but think about how much advertising you have here on f95 [...]
99% of the advertising and interest a dev can get on this site comes from Latest Updates. Thread activity is (monetarily speaking) pretty much irrelevant for niche games.
I'm not saying that posting previews and stuff is a bad thing, but it would be little more than a nice gesture towards people who are, in general, highly unlikely to become patrons.

LucT

Sep 20, 2017
99% of the advertising and interest a dev can get on this site comes from Latest Updates. Thread activity is (monetarily speaking) pretty much irrelevant for niche games.
I'm not saying that posting previews and stuff is a bad thing, but it would be little more than a nice gesture towards people who are, in general, highly unlikely to become patrons.
You certainly have more experience than me on these things, but if I were a dev, I see games that have 2000 pages of comments and here we are at 17, doesn't that mean that the game isn't attractive enough?

feierflei

Protect pretty exhibitionists at all costs!
Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
You certainly have more experience than me on these things, but if I were a dev, I see games that have 2000 pages of comments and here we are at 17, doesn't that mean that the game isn't attractive enough?
If you want 2000 pages of comments, make a soulless cookie cutter male protagonist harem ren'py game and pray to all gods that you are among the tiny fraction of devs who are good and lucky enough to be the top dogs.
Games with female protagonists already have much less reach, and the more niche tags you add, the smaller your pool of potential players gets.
Let's take The Exhibitionist as a great example:
  • Female protagonist – niche.
  • RPGM – niche.
  • Exclusively focused on exhibitionism – very niche.
  • No hetero content – SUPER niche.
Even with a massive ad campaign, there is absolutely no chance that this game could ever stand next to the likes of Treasure of Nadia. This is by no means me trying to discredit ExcitingEpiphany (I love this game and consider them a friend), but just a simple fact that will not change no matter how many previews get posted in this thread. lol
If you want an actually useful comparison, go check other multi-niche games that only had a few appearances on Latest Updates. Then you will find that The Exhibitionist is doing quite well in this regard.

You are essentially comparing a family-owned local pizzeria with McDonalds.

Hedrongoat

Oct 20, 2020
It's kind of crazy how a fem protagonist is niche--I would've thought girl's love would be kind of nice. it's one reason I love your titles as well.

But I guess everyone wants to blatantly self insert, eh? lol

Reactions: ExcitingEpiphany

Fuji44aa

May 7, 2020
If you want 2000 pages of comments, make a soulless cookie cutter male protagonist harem ren'py game and pray to all gods that you are among the tiny fraction of devs who are good and lucky enough to be the top dogs.
Games with female protagonists already have much less reach, and the more niche tags you add, the smaller your pool of potential players gets.
  • RPGM – niche.
Even with a massive ad campaign, there is absolutely no chance that this game could ever stand next to the likes of Treasure of Nadia. This is by no means me trying to discredit ExcitingEpiphany (I love this game and consider them a friend), but just a simple fact that will not change no matter how many previews get posted in this thread. lol
If you want an actually useful comparison, go check other multi-niche games that only had a few appearances on Latest Updates. Then you will find that The Exhibitionist is doing quite well in this regard.

This is one of the best games on here, I love the passion of the developer, keep strong and keep going, thank you

Reactions: ExcitingEpiphany

Losthunter

Aug 5, 2017
This is one of my favorite games on here, it hits all three niche. I love female protag exhibitionism games, especially if its not forced corruption or black mail. This game has been one of three that im following and have notifications turned on for

LucT

Sep 20, 2017
  • RPGM – niche.

we prefer a family-owned local pizzeria

ExcitingEpiphany

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2019

Release Notes
Version 0.10.0
Gameplay Changes:
  • All NPCs will have predictable routes going forward in the main map.
  • There is a new minimap (you might have to turn it on in options)
  • The font has been changed to a more suitable one.
  • The game windows have been redesigned with an original design.
  • There are other visual improvements
  • Excitement and risk has taken the first step to becoming a core mechanic.
  • During the day, you'll no longer get sent to bed.
  • You can manage your own levels of excitement and fear
  • It's now possible to hide in bins and mailboxes, this will lower your fear.
  • It's now possible masturbate in the street. This will increase your excitement.
  • Some events require low or high fear or excitement.
  • You'll no longer acrue Exhibitionism and Perversion.
  • When fear/risk is high, NPCs will actively chase you. You can escape them and get to a safe place or hide when they cannot see you.
  • When excitement is high it becomes harder to move. (Although I'm a little worried players could get stuck.)
  • Risk will reduce over time if you are hidden or fully clothed
  • Masturbating will increase detection radius. (People will see you more easily).
  • Excitement will reduce over time if you are fully clothed.
  • It's possible to skip to the daytime.
  • The tutorial is accesible via the menu.
  • You can also redress at your home.
As I say, there may be problems with the balance. I'm trying to get this right and bring a sense of "game" back to the game. Let me know your thoughts. I want this to be fun, but never a grind. I want it to feel quite sexy to play in the street and make your own gaming a bit. Obviously there is still a way to go.
Events And Changes:
  • There are a bunch of events for Sara at her college, which is a new map.
  • There are 3 sets of dares at a new swimming pool map.
  • There are 2 new dares at the restaurant/cafe.
  • There are 3 new office events.
  • There are 3 new events in the street. (Let me know what you think of Annabelle. I'm not that sure about her and considering a re-render).
  • There is a new waking up events (start the daytime again, if you can).
  • There is a tutorial in the daytime on the new mechanics.
Bug fixes:
  • Wording improvements
  • Fixes to bugs in night city, and some of the NPCs behaviour.

Version 0.10.1
Game mechanic changes:
  • Event restrictions around fear and excitement are gone (for now - I'm curious what you think, I'm sort of thinking of adding those back in now).
  • Being in an undressed state and trying to do an event gives you the option to dress.
  • Stripping, masturbating, being seen and doing events all earn points.
  • As you earn points events are unlocked.
  • You earn points for moving away from your clothes the more naked you are, as well.
  • You cannot undress all in the same spot anymore.
  • At high excitement you are slowed.
  • Changed the dress option to a "End Day" option.
Fixes:
  • Wording fixes throughout
  • Opening the menu in the cinema no longer crashes the game.
  • More events appear in the map
Quality of life/appearance changes:
  • The resolution is now 1024x768.
  • The map is now in the top corner.
  • Stripping state only appears in the left now.
  • Status bars only appear in the right now.
  • You can now change the status of Sara in the menus
  • You can now check your event status in the menus.
  • I stuck Sara outside the college to show there is an event there and try to improve the flow in those events.

ColonelWanker

Jan 30, 2020
Any time an event such as "go home in your underwear or panties" happen Sara just puts all her clothes back on, thereby removing all of the risk of going home.

Edit: As an example it's telling my to "walk naked in front of the open coffee shop" but I'm fully clothed despite having removed clothes right before this message
Screenshot (31).png

Last edited:

PietAmGalgen

Mar 25, 2021
ExcitingEpiphany I know it's mostly a lesbian themed game but maybe the girls can train the night western alley peeping guy just like Jen trained Emma and then Emma trained Sara? With him being ENM in the beginning and all.
Suddenly introducing male exhibitionism into this game would make me (and probably a few others) rather unhappy. It's just not what I'm here for and certainly not what I want to see.

Reactions: FPcrab

ExcitingEpiphany

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2019
Any time an event such as "go home in your underwear or panties" happen Sara just puts all her clothes back on, thereby removing all of the risk of going home.

Edit: As an example it's telling my to "walk naked in front of the open coffee shop" but I'm fully clothed despite having removed clothes right before this message
View attachment 3166081
Damn. Ok, this is a strange bug I must have introduced. I'll investigate as I've noticed other places where she inexpliquably dresses.

ExcitingEpiphany

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2019
ExcitingEpiphany I know it's mostly a lesbian themed game but maybe the girls can train the night western alley peeping guy just like Jen trained Emma and then Emma trained Sara? With him being ENM in the beginning and all.
I'm kind of thinking about... something... not for this game, but for whatever I do next. I had the idea that in The Exhitionist II you might be a male that encounters an exhibitionist and sort of trains her, but I'm unsure right now and I understand that getting ahead of myself is a road to go down that guarantees failure, so this is all a discussion for later! :)

Reactions: someguy42

ExcitingEpiphany

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2019
Suddenly introducing male exhibitionism into this game would make me (and probably a few others) rather unhappy. It's just not what I'm here for and certainly not what I want to see.
Be assured I'm not planning on changing direction or veering madly off what I've been doing. That, is not this story.

Reactions: Star_Singer
4.10 star(s) 9 Votes