4.10 star(s) 9 Votes

favordout

Dec 25, 2019
damn, killed a fine female protag with a fake ass, trying to keep up with the joneses, barbie reject, polypropylene queen, wig wearing, hoity toity cheer leader. whatta let down. high hopes shot down like a china weather balloon. Succulence it IS

ExcitingEpiphany

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2019
Epiphany, things happen and lessons will be learned. Don't let it discourage you. The new screenshots are looking great and I am looking forward to playing this again. I am not the biggest fan of Emma looking more like a teen versus her original mid-20 something look, but that's just my opinion. You do you and keep it up. I look forward to the next release.
Super appreciate this! Very soon, and hopefully can change your minds about the look. I take it philosophically, really. Like, I knew not to over promise, to others or myself. There would always be a temptation to promise all sorts of complex stealth mechanics and crafting and a million outfits and whatever. Ideas lead to ideas.

But then I fall into the other pitfall of changing something fundamental midway through, and it's slowed progress, and some people won't like the changes (see above) and honestly it's a grind redoing everything. I won't stop, but I've learned a lesson! Anyways, look forward. We've caught up on everything and gone beyond it, except office part. Release will be public in a few short days and I think it's rather nice, and we're on track to be back on a regular release schedule.

aalexkj24

Dec 18, 2018
Epiphany, the screenshot looks really nice and the extra work you have done is totally worth. I also have the same opinion as augenbleu, a mid-20 to mid-30 look will suit better for Emma and story

Reactions: ExcitingEpiphany

ExcitingEpiphany

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2019
today release day?

Please note this version is substantially different to previous public release, being a total rework. YOUR SAVE FILES WILL NOT WORK. AT ALL. We've built in a way to skip the first section if you wish.

Release Notes:

0.8.1:

- Fixed wording and imagery around Sara events
- Added images for seeking the first place to try
- Added a "skip" option for people coming back to this from an old/bad save.
- Improved the "about" page.
- Tweaked leveling (exhibitionism rises, perversion requirements and such)

0.8.0:

- The majority of the events have now been ported to the new renders. (Only the office remains, and some small Sara events).
- Around 10-20 new events have been added since the last release also. (I genuinely lost count).
- Had to retire some old events that were either replaced or we couldn't get good renders for.
- Sara's status had to be... altered in order to make sure I don't get into trouble with Patron. I'm sorry about this, nothing for it. (For people who do not like this change, I could not possibly recommend that they click on the table in the hallway and change the wording).
- Dramatically reduced the amount of excitement generated by events. I needed it to force you home a lot less as it was ridiculous. What's cool is this brings back fear as a mechanic to watch for as the longer you are out the more times you are spotted. I like that a lot and it's a lot less annoying overall.
- Fixed problem where sometimes in the transition between places the background sound continued playing. Unfortunately a proximity sounds plugins was responsible (it used the same place for sounds and messed stuff up). I had to take it out, but I'll write a replacement js and replace it ASAP.
- Added ambient sounds for the city, and at home.
- Replaced more busts
- Replaced more sprites

0.7.x

- Not Publicly released
-
Total rework of renders
- Significant changes to many mechanics

FPcrab

Aug 14, 2018
Hope you enjoy!
due to the fact that the zoom-in has become larger, the radius of view has greatly decreased. And the game turned from a fun adventure into a darksolus-level hardcore that is also dishonest to the player. NPCs will detect you from the very edge of the screen as soon as the first pixel appears, if it coincides so that their gaze is directed at you. It's a very, very unpleasant gaming experience. I got 7 game over screens in the new version of the game, and none in the original.

ExcitingEpiphany

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2019
But... the zoom in is not larger! The radius of view was not decreased! The NPCs should only detect you over 6-7 tiles, depending on state of undress!

I suspect something is amiss. Would you mind sharing screens, so I can try to work out what is going on in your version?

ExcitingEpiphany

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2019
due to the fact that the zoom-in has become larger, the radius of view has greatly decreased. And the game turned from a fun adventure into a darksolus-level hardcore that is also dishonest to the player. NPCs will detect you from the very edge of the screen as soon as the first pixel appears, if it coincides so that their gaze is directed at you. It's a very, very unpleasant gaming experience. I got 7 game over screens in the new version of the game, and none in the original.
It was made no harder! We didn't change any of that stuff, either. I'd very much like to take a look at the screenshots because something has clearly gone wrong with your version.

Do others see these problems?

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
The Exhibitionist 0.8.1

Please note this version is substantially different to previous public release, being a total rework. YOUR SAVE FILES WILL NOT WORK. AT ALL. We've built in a way to skip the first section if you wish.

Release Notes:

0.8.1:

- Fixed wording and imagery around Sara events
- Added images for seeking the first place to try
- Added a "skip" option for people coming back to this from an old/bad save.
- Improved the "about" page.
- Tweaked leveling (exhibitionism rises, perversion requirements and such)

0.8.0:

- The majority of the events have now been ported to the new renders. (Only the office remains, and some small Sara events).
- Around 10-20 new events have been added since the last release also. (I genuinely lost count).
- Had to retire some old events that were either replaced or we couldn't get good renders for.
- Sara's status had to be... altered in order to make sure I don't get into trouble with Patron. I'm sorry about this, nothing for it. (For people who do not like this change, I could not possibly recommend that they click on the table in the hallway and change the wording).
- Dramatically reduced the amount of excitement generated by events. I needed it to force you home a lot less as it was ridiculous. What's cool is this brings back fear as a mechanic to watch for as the longer you are out the more times you are spotted. I like that a lot and it's a lot less annoying overall.
- Fixed problem where sometimes in the transition between places the background sound continued playing. Unfortunately a proximity sounds plugins was responsible (it used the same place for sounds and messed stuff up). I had to take it out, but I'll write a replacement js and replace it ASAP.
- Added ambient sounds for the city, and at home.
- Replaced more busts
- Replaced more sprites

0.7.x

- Not Publicly released
-
Total rework of renders
- Significant changes to many mechanics
tumblr_m6hapcbJXF1rwcc6bo1_400.gif

Reactions: ExcitingEpiphany

FPcrab

Aug 14, 2018
But... the zoom in is not larger! The radius of view was not decreased! The NPCs should only detect you over 6-7 tiles, depending on state of undress!

I suspect something is amiss. Would you mind sharing screens, so I can try to work out what is going on in your version?
7 tiles its all my see range.....

1681294835483.png

1681294883770.png

1681294980095.png

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes