_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Wanted to remind everyone of the Chapter 5 contest.

The Fosters Song Hunt!

Chapter 5, subtitled The Musical, is full of song lyrics. Some are sung by a character and others are thrown into the dialogue and narration. Sometimes the words are straight from a song and sometimes they're slightly different, but still recognizable. Your task is to find the song references and lyrics in Chapter 5. If you can find them all, there will be great* prizes available!

For my subs: If you are already subscribed to SubscribeStar or a patron on Patreon, the first person in each tier will receive a 2 month upgrade to the next level for no extra cost! Blackest Black tier members will be able to personally decide+ the content of the next 4 special renders!
If you aren't a sub: The first 5 people to find all of the songs, will receive a free Fan tier subscription for 2 months!

So... Once Chapter 5 drops, don't delay, download it and get playing! Don't forget, you'll need multiple paths to find everything. Itch.io early release sales of chapter 5 will not happen, to put all tiers and non-subscribers at equal levels. Submissions should be made on my Discord server, in the #contest-entries channel.

* Greatness of prize is relative and value is dependent on the current status of each winner.
+ 13 will have final approval of special render concepts. Though he doesn't foresee any likely issues, there are a couple things he's not prepared to subject his girls to.
Due to the lack of interest in this contest, I'll be closing it Sunday evening. Until then, winners will be chosen by the *most* correct answers. If you were really studying the script to find every lyric, now is the time to post your findings. If it all seemed too overwhelming, just submit what was obvious to you.
The MC literally sings 9 full songs and sings several lines of 3 other songs. I know you saw at least 1 of those. Submit it, the way things are 1 right answer could win. (How sad is that?)
Just post your submissions to the contest-entries channel of my and you could very likely win.

Reactions: pgm_01

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
The contest is officially closed!

Here are the songs which I included in chapter 5... Possible spoilers below!

Morning (pre-date):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Afternoon (dates):
Date Songs:
After Dates:

And that's all of the ones I intentionally added. These are the lines that the lyrics started on, some of them went multiple lines and some of them were by more than one person. For example, #34 had lyrics said by Big John over 4 different lines and #13 starts with Elena and continues with the next narrated line. You can probably tell, I was getting tired of adding the lyrics as the chapter went on. It really was extra work for some of them, finding places for lyrics to fit or changing what I had written into lyrics. I think overall I enjoyed it, but I don't think I'll do that again.

So, were there any winners? Well, no ones got them all but I did have some winning entries. ThorsHamster was the first to submit an entry and he got 14 of the songs. He also found some unintentional ones, but mostly during the showers (which were actually from chapter 4). He gets a bump from Supporter up to Super Supporter, so he can enjoy those Special Renders! Next is pgm_01 with 12 plus an unintentional bonus and they got a free Fan subscription! Lastly, jaw1986baby snuck in a late entry with 2(!) correct answers and gets a bump up to Supporter!

Thanks to those of you who entered (all three of you) and I hope you enjoy your extra access for the next couple of months. Maybe I'll do another special contest sometime, but the lack of interest in this makes it doubtful.

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
If you're playing the alpha+ path, chapter 6 adds a new tag. What could it be?

Postboned Games

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
The story is excellent and a probable one too. I can see that happening if such a financial reward was offered IRL. The characters are really likeable, too, haven't decided who my favourite is yet. Looking forward to Our Island _13_ :D

• Love
Reactions: _13_

Punto

Jun 18, 2020
Cheat Mods / Images Fixes (Chap. 5)

This is a completely re-worked Cheat Mod based on the work I did with 13 in the changes made to Chap 5.
This is now just a Cheat Mod as I have made a re-worked In-Game (Optional) Walkthrough for the official release of the game.
Also the Spanish to English translations are now a part of the official In-Game Walkthrough.
You must Start A New Game and Reset your Profile if you coming from a save before Chap 5.

Installation:
Download the mod (and Image Fix Pack if you wish) version to the version of the game you are playing.
Decompress in the same folder as TheFosters.exe.

There are 2 types of files, One is the Fixed Images and the Second is the Cheat Mod (cm).
Link Folder:
Mega

View attachment 1710592 View attachment 1710593 View attachment 1710594 View attachment 1710595 View attachment 1710596
Please update your wt-mod for chap. 6. :cool:

ParkerParcelParcec

Jan 21, 2020
I feel like the new update i did something very bad and now i am hurting the girls, which i dont like as my first playthoughs of game. So im just going to delete my saves and wait for a walkthrough for chapter 6, then ill staRT from ground up.

Do tell me if I'm just a pretentious idiot or just a big chicken

• Angry
Reactions: El Buho

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
I feel like the new update i did something very bad and now i am hurting the girls, which i dont like as my first playthoughs of game. So im just going to delete my saves and wait for a walkthrough for chapter 6, then ill staRT from ground up.

Do tell me if I'm just a pretentious idiot or just a big chicken
The walkthrough is built in, if you start a new game, it'll ask if you want to turn it on.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Due to the lack of interest in this contest, I'll be closing it Sunday evening. Until then, winners will be chosen by the *most* correct answers. If you were really studying the script to find every lyric, now is the time to post your findings. If it all seemed too overwhelming, just submit what was obvious to you.
The MC literally sings 9 full songs and sings several lines of 3 other songs. I know you saw at least 1 of those. Submit it, the way things are 1 right answer could win. (How sad is that?)
Just post your submissions to the contest-entries channel of my and you could very likely win.
Haha, don't be discouraged, my dude. It was a fun and neat idea. This kinda thing generally takes a much larger fan base to take off.

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
so for a IamaDumdumbpoopyhead question, Is there a way to like, not r*** the girls? excluding the flashback sequence because story....
If you treat the girls nicely and do less sketchy things (like sleep sex), the choices, dialogue, and scenes, later in the game will be nicer.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
so for a IamaDumdumbpoopyhead question, Is there a way to like, not r*** the girls? excluding the flashback sequence because story....
Quit farming alpha points if you don't want to be a jerk. If you want romance go high beta, neither of those points mean what they do to you or me, the MC's concept of alpha/beta is more about whether someone is acting like or unlike big John. High beta rote, except for a handful of choices, is actually a fairly alpha route where you're looking out for the girls as best possible in a fucked up situation.

Reactions: mikel8519
3.00 star(s) 40 Votes