Ren'Py Abandoned The Fox Goddess's Village Rework [v0.13a] [Master Hyo]

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Major bugs.. after Mei showed off her breasts for 10 minutes to help my research I was no longer able to return back to the village. It kept throwing up error and ignore did not help so I had to terminate game.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Major bugs.. after Mei showed off her breasts for 10 minutes to help my research I was no longer able to return back to the village. It kept throwing up error and ignore did not help so I had to terminate game.
I believe it helps with these sorts of things to post a save file containing the error so devs can figure out what's wrong.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I made a new version of my mod (which isn't too extensive, considering most of the last version was fortunately incorporated into the game) for the latest update. It corrects a few more spelling and grammar errors, mainly ones introduced by today's new content, and inserts the extra "$10 to strip naked" scene I added last time (which is more of a mod than a fix). A full list of changes made by this version of the mod can be found in the readme.
Well why did you delete the default folders? What good is a fix if you have no idea where to put the scripts. Then you say you got a fix and the other is a mod. Need to archive them properly then.. Leave the folder paths and create folder for fix and the one for the mod. BTW from the readme is the mod just clear text box?

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Well why did you delete the default folders? What good is a fix if you have no idea where to put the scripts. Then you say you got a fix and the other is a mod. Need to archive them properly then.. Leave the folder paths and create folder for fix and the one for the mod. BTW from the readme is the mod just clear text box?
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're talking about. I redownloaded my upload to verify your issue, and the readme is fine and not a "clear text box" and has instructions on how and where to insert the files into the main game. And it's not really a fix anymore, it's more of a mod now because my previous fixes were added into the main game. I don't know why you're having these problems.

Hyohyo

Mar 3, 2019
Hi guys, I will look into this bug once I'm back at home, but since I'm currently in japan and have no way of accessing the code I really can't do anything about it.

• Wow
Reactions: Canto Forte

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're talking about. I redownloaded my upload to verify your issue, and the readme is fine and not a "clear text box" and has instructions on how and where to insert the files into the main game. And it's not really a fix anymore, it's more of a mod now because my previous fixes were added into the main game. I don't know why you're having these problems.
No I mean you deleted the folders where the scripts go into.. example renpy > common as an example. Just having script names gives me no clue where to replace the files at without doing some folder search. You should leave the folder structure as it is and just put the replacement files in there so it can be easily extracted over the originals.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
No I mean you deleted the folders where the scripts go into.. example renpy > common as an example. Just having script names gives me no clue where to replace the files at without doing some folder search. You should leave the folder structure as it is and just put the replacement files in there so it can be easily extracted over the originals.
Okay, fine, if it's that important to you, here's a copy of my mod that's exactly the same, except the files have the same folder structure as the main game. So now you can mindlessly drag and drop them into the game all at once, even though each file does a separate thing and everyone might not necessarily want to use them all. I guess you're right, it is more convenient this way, but trivially so.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Okay, fine, if it's that important to you, here's a copy of my mod that's exactly the same, except the files have the same folder structure as the main game. So now you can mindlessly drag and drop them into the game all at once, even though each file does a separate thing and everyone might not necessarily want to use them all. I guess you're right, it is more convenient this way, but trivially so.
Thanks.. Yes does make it easier as I had no idea what folder to drop them in as first time I extracted I did not realize no folder structure so I had two of each of these files in different directories.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Bug Report

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 740, in script
    if mei_roleplay >= 1:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 740, in <module>
    if mei_roleplay >= 1:
NameError: name 'mei_roleplay' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 740, in script
    if mei_roleplay >= 1:
  File "C:\Temp\[] 02. In Progress\The Fox Gods Village\renpy\ast.py", line 1827, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Temp\[] 02. In Progress\The Fox Gods Village\renpy\python.py", line 1990, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Temp\[] 02. In Progress\The Fox Gods Village\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 740, in <module>
    if mei_roleplay >= 1:
NameError: name 'mei_roleplay' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.0.140
The Fox God's Village 0.1.3
Wed Sep 11 15:32:30 2019
[/CODE]

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Just before you hit the error, go Shift+O into the console, type mei_roleplay = 0, then hit Enter and return to the game. That might fix it.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Just before you hit the error, go Shift+O into the console, type mei_roleplay = 0, then hit Enter and return to the game. That might fix it.
Thanks yep seems the original save from 0.1.2 must not had that variable. Though in this case I used 1 as I had done a roleplay with her.

gumba

Apr 14, 2018
Thank you very mutch for the updates, the story seems taking an good way, I'm already eagerly interested for the identity of the fox lady ;)

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
Hit Shift + O and is something supposed to happen? No change and no editor came up for me to type anything.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Hit Shift + O and is something supposed to happen? No change and no editor came up for me to type anything.
You have to install a console mod, or edit the game file enabling console yourself, or it won't do anything.

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Hoping this is continuing, as there is no Discord or Patreon or other blogs listed to check for information...

UPDATE - Abandoned tag...gues it isn't...

Last edited:

Hyohyo

Mar 3, 2019
Hi, little update here...
I have dropped this game. Mostly becuz of lacking time and interested but also becuz I was dissatisfied with the way I built it all up and the art programm/ the lack of 3D generated scenes I could actually use within it. I am currently toying around with Koikatsu, and depending on how well I can handle that program (and it's studio program) I might do a reboot of this with art from that game. It won't be as pretty as this, but it would most likely enable me to do more of the things I wanted to do here, but wasn't able to due to restrictions of HH.

Anyway, just wanted to clear everything up and hope I see ya all soon.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I have dropped this game. Mostly becuz of lacking time and interested but also becuz I was dissatisfied with the way I built it all up and the art programm/ the lack of 3D generated scenes I could actually use within it. I am currently toying around with Koikatsu, and depending on how well I can handle that program (and it's studio program) I might do a reboot of this with art from that game. It won't be as pretty as this, but it would most likely enable me to do more of the things I wanted to do here, but wasn't able to due to restrictions of HH.

Hope you do reboot the game because the story was intriguing and interesting.. We all wanted to know what was going on and where it was going.

Reactions: AwsHen

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018

Is there any chance the 3D assets from the original version of this, like the girls' illusion cards, could be posted if they otherwise aren't going to be used again?

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes