Ren'Py Abandoned The Fox Goddess's Village Rework [v0.13a] [Master Hyo]

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
To all the guys who actually still care. There is an update coming this evening (my internet is struggling with the upload, so It might take a while) Sorry, for the long wait, but I was busy with school and haven't been at home much in the last two months.
Master Hyo, you have absolutely nothing for which to apologize. Life goes on, obligations must be met, the unexpected happens, and time refuses to stand still. (I still need to get a refund for the ceremony I learned in Jakarta; clearly it doesn't actually stop time....) The fact that you have pushed forward in spite of everything in life says something; a lot of people would just give up. Thanks for the effort and for continuing this story. Many of us have been eagerly awaiting this release, so don't fret: you still have supporters.

Reactions: Cirro84 and Hyohyo

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Thank you for confirming this mislabeling is indeed a feature of the release ... it has all the new stuff ...
it just does not show it up front and players have to work their way to the new content;)!

Sep 4, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 3555, in script
jump v_3
ScriptError: could not find label 'v_3'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
jump v_3
File "C:\Users\Username\Downloads\TheFoxGodsVillage-0.1.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1692, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "C:\Users\Username\Downloads\TheFoxGodsVillage-0.1.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 891, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Hyohyo

Mar 3, 2019
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
jump v_3

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
jump v_3
File "C:\Users\Username\Downloads\TheFoxGodsVillage-0.1.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1692, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "C:\Users\Username\Downloads\TheFoxGodsVillage-0.1.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 891, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
Yes, I was already notified by another person. Just change v_3 to v3. That solves the issue. I will correct that bug tomorrow

Reactions: Canto Forte

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I've updated my corrections mod for v0.1.3 of the game. It includes two script.rpy files, one with just spelling and grammar and bugfix corrections, and a second one which adds a few extra options to some scenes, among other things. A full list of the changes made by each file is included in the ReadMe.

don2sail

Jun 3, 2017
there is an error when playing roleplay with mei in town; at the very end when she says that was fun. after a few errors in the same spot I was able to continue raising her level until the doggy option came up without error. Next i encountered the same problem as soon as I clicked on pretend to be a doggy.

Last edited:

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
there is an error when playing roleplay with mei in town; at the very end when she says that was fun. after a few errors in the same spot I was able to continue raising her level until the doggy option came up without error. Next i encountered the same problem as soon as I clicked on pretend to be a doggy.
It's because it points to mei_doggy_2, which hasn't been programmed in yet. If I'm right, installing my corrections mod should fix the error.

Last edited:

Gandulf_HD

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2018
Hey, guys. The creator here. Thanks for the feedback. This is really just a very early version of the game (calling it a beta is already kinda too much). I have absolutely no experience programming anything and even my experience with gaming or the like is pretty limited. So please cut me some slack and tell me what to change so I can improve.

There will be sex (most likely in the next update) and most likely any other type of content (once I get around to doing this). Please keep in mind that this is what I came up after four days of non-stop work, there is bound to be a lot of mistakes and I will have to rework some of what you see right now. All of this will happen with time.

ALSO: I do not own any rights to the backgrounds used. So, if someone could provide some royalty free backgrounds I would be ETERNALLY thankful to whoever does that!

I will most likely have the next update ready by Sunday (some fixes and one or two new events). Once again thanks for everything. I hope you can enjoy this!
A tip from someone who once made a branching story with a friend although never got popular nor properly finished but i suggest drawing a branching map of the story and what you want to do.

For example write down the names of the heroine and then draw lines from each of them and write the different routes and paths that can be taken and link them all so that all possibilities and where they go will be written down so that when making it you can check your bit of paper or paint document where you drew your story map and can make sure it is planned out well.

When i was designing map the first thing i would do is plan out a story for the map and what i wanted to achieve with the map and then i would draw a map based on what i wanted to accomplish making sure i cover them all. Only after all that would i start building the maps.

Reactions: Canto Forte

Hyohyo

Mar 3, 2019
Hi...yeah, that would be a good idea. I will do that once I'm back from japan (I'm leaving tomorrow and stay there for a month). Fixed version should come this evening. (I might add some additional events tho)

Hyohyo

Mar 3, 2019
Ok, the Workupload and Gdrive links now have the updated, corrected version. HUGE thanks to Emelex for providing a quick fix. I have credited him in the about.
The new update also has a few new scenes.

• Love
Reactions: Cirro84 and Emelex

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
The GDrive link is now a Workupload link. Is it supposed to be like that?
(And thanks for the credits.)

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
If you still need a proofreader I'd volunteer. Just started your game and do like it. Some things to improve render-wise but for a first timer I must say, wow, well done (for now, just got my first lewds to see ^^).

The Hentai gods may bless you on your voyage, dev!

Reactions: rKnight and Hyohyo

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I made a new version of my mod (which isn't too extensive, considering most of the last version was fortunately incorporated into the game) for the latest update. It corrects a few more spelling and grammar errors, mainly ones introduced by today's new content, and inserts the extra "$10 to strip naked" scene I added last time (which is more of a mod than a fix). A full list of changes made by this version of the mod can be found in the readme.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 6 Votes