RPGM Completed The Hotel [v1.0.3] [The Sexy Chinaman]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

The Sexy Chinaman

Degenerate
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2018
This should be ren'py. Making a RPGM game these days feels like time-padding.
It could be renpy, I guess, though It'd probably only save a matter of minutes for you though when it's all said and done. I'll look more into renpy for my next game, but RPGM is just easier for me.

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
can't find work to earn money, any option picked day after day is same dialog/result...which is rejection after rejection...plus RPGM. Good luck with the game dev

The Sexy Chinaman

Degenerate
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2018
can't find work to earn money, any option picked day after day is same dialog/result...which is rejection after rejection...
Thanks for letting me know.

I've checked and though it's notbugged, the chance to find work is far lower that what I anticipated it would be. You can still earn guaranteed money at the stall outside the hotel.

Destriss

Sep 3, 2017
Sorry to the developer, but, uh, I'm bored. And it's only five minutes

We win only 1 dollar by work and 90% of the time I find nothing in the computer.
Book corruption, need to do the same thing, and 10 time.......
For the beginner anyway ....

And I imagine that we need to increase our stats even more, so we have to get pissed off to be able to find a job for only 1 dollar and then read the same book 50 times to increase our stats.

For me it's just a way to artificially increase the game's lifespan to mask the poverty of content.

Too bad the concept could be interesting.

Translated with (free version)

Johntheloner

Jun 14, 2017
Cheers. Yeah, the game's just a free roam so RPGM works fine. I don't really like making VNs because of all the time you have to spend making renders.
You mean you don't like all the time you have to spend making actual content.
From what I'm seeing here, this is yet another heavy grind minimum reward RPGM game that uses grind to mask a lack of content.

Also, VNs don't necessarily need a lot of renders either. You can easily get away with talking heads/bust art over a background, so long as your writing and game structure is competent. I seem to remember 'Lab Rats' the first being quite well-loved, despite it's grind, and despite only having real renders for clothing states. It suffered from invisible protaganist syndrome even. It also had a time limit. Yet it is still well-loved. We don't talk about Lab Rats 2 tho.

The Sexy Chinaman

Degenerate
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2018
You mean you don't like all the time you have to spend making actual content.
From what I'm seeing here, this is yet another heavy grind minimum reward RPGM game that uses grind to mask a lack of content.
Sorry to the developer, but, uh, I'm bored. And it's only five minutes

We win only 1 dollar by work and 90% of the time I find nothing in the computer.
Book corruption, need to do the same thing, and 10 time.......
For the beginner anyway ....

Yeah, I had a think about it and the game doesn't feel nearly as good as I thought it would. This is only a first attempt at a game though so I'm not too fussed... kind of just experimenting a bit. I'm gonna take what I've learned and make a new game in ren'py. Really take my time with it and make sure it's good (I'm thinking a city-management style of game).

I'm also gonna roll back the grind on this game by the final build. I'd imagined the amount of girls in the game would off-set the feeling of grind but it just hasn't. At least this way you get to enjoy the girls.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Destriss

Sep 3, 2017
Yeah, I had a think about it and the game doesn't feel nearly as good as I thought it would. This is only a first attempt at a game though so I'm not too fussed... kind of just experimenting a bit. I'm gonna take what I've learned and make a new game in ren'py. Really take my time with it and make sure it's good (I'm thinking a city-management style of game).

I'm also gonna roll back the grind on this game by the final build. I'd imagined the amount of girls in the game would off-set the feeling of grind but it just hasn't. At least this way you get to enjoy the girls.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
If it's your first game, then it's okay not to get it right the first time.
Renpy, it's code, love and understanding.

If you want something to improve your game:

- Have an intro that works better already. Here, we arrive in a room and we don't know what to do.
So explain why the protagonist wants to fuck chicks. And why he wants to do it this way or that way.

- To have scripted events = to put forward the way you make us succeed in corruption / to have scenes with the characters. Meet the characters, put pictures so we know what they look like.

-The grind with no content is a dead game to me when it was born. -You know what I mean? If you want the player is the sensation of moving forward and at the same time avoid that you go from a chick hitting a guy to a chick fucking him. You have to rethink how you make money, how you learn skills.

-Here you have to work to buy books, and then just take away the computer work side, and allow you to work in a bar, a shop, which would justify meeting a woman, even if it's a cliché.

-Work on the writing: it has to be logical how a character behaves in relation to what you're going to ask him at the beginning of the game, in the middle and at the end.

I'm using a translator, I don't know if it will be understandable.

Reactions: The Sexy Chinaman

Balinn

May 26, 2017
Ok, i don't like what i am going to say but this game is crap. Even for an alpha, after 4 release we still have no explanation about what the two stat are for. the progress from book seem random (1st-10pt, 2nd-16pt, 3rd-42pt, didn't bother to go for 4th). The stall don't work and we can spend days to obtain a few dollar with the computer.

And for the sex... nothing. I saw in the file they are quite a few, but in the game? No maid, a receptionist who don't move an inch when you "go for the head" and a security girl put you in coma each time you see her.

By the way, i could read entirely the second book of manipulation in one evening without advance time.

The Sexy Chinaman

Degenerate
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2018
I'm using a translator, I don't know if it will be understandable.
Perfectly understandable, thanks mate :)

And for the sex... nothing. I saw in the file they are quite a few, but in the game? No maid, a receptionist who don't move an inch when you "go for the head" and a security girl put you in coma each time you see her.
The idea is to build stats which allows for different dialogue. It's not explained at all but that's how you get scenes. This is just my first game trying things out.

Reactions: Destriss
3.30 star(s) 4 Votes