VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
That explains a lot. The changelog makes it confusing however.

Personally, I replayed the whole thing, and I still enjoyed it as I enjoyed the story. But that changelog definitely made me think differently.

The question I have now though... is only the first 2 chapters being reworked? As the first rework only had the first chapter's content iirc. This one, however, has it all the way up to current story.
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-intoxicating-flavor-v0-10-2-pixelslab.12818/post-11364694

Reactions: Jacky Bruce

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
View attachment 2812128

Friends, hello everyone!
I'm finally done with the corrections I originally wanted to make to chapters one and two.

What did I change?
I split the game script into chapters. This has been something that needed to be done for a long time. Now I'll be able to make changes without fear of your saves breaking.

I also split the second chapter into two separate chapters. So now there are not 9 full chapters in the game, but 10. That's why the version is called 0.10.2 and not 0.9.2.

I also completely redid the first half of the second chapter. I removed the minigame, rewrote the dialogs and rendered everything from scratch.

I also added 2 animations at the end of the second chapter. I hope you like it!

I haven't changed anything further than the middle of chapter 2, so at some point you may notice a strong deterioration in the quality of the game, but there's nothing I can do about it. I'll fix it later.

What's next?
Next, I'm finally going to continue chapter 11! More specifically, I'm already working on an update. So expect it in August.

I'll also continue updating old chapters. I plan to completely redo the second and third. I'll add animations to the whole game and redo the already outdated ones. I also want to update all the renders with Alice (as you'll notice, I've corrected her appearance a bit). And I also need to edit the English translation up to chapter 5, because there are a lot of complaints about it. I can see how bad it is.

As you can see, there's still a lot of work to do, but now I'm going to do it gradually, focusing on continuing rather than reworking old chapters.

I'll write another big post next week. There is a huge amount of news that I would like to share with you.

Thanks for your support!

As long as you are working on old stuff at all, I hope you can finally get rid of the many, many cases where you used "You was" and "Was you." it's really not that hard to remember that simple past for "You are" is "You were" and it is so very charring to constantly read this, since all my saves magically disappeared and the ones saved elsewhere all just created rollback errors, I had to play the game from the start again and it was a lot.

I don't mind the at times bad English and the mistakes and wrong words being used and all that, you are still managing to convey a rather complicated story and even philosophical musings quite well, which is something that I have always admired about your game, but this is such a basic error and repeated sooooo many times, it would really make a difference if you just fixed this.

Boombaru23

Aug 11, 2017
why do you need it? oldest by quick search is 0.8.4.
Well,I've re-installed Windows on my pc,and I forgot to backup all the VN save's that I had...wanna do a fast playthrough of the game with 0.9.2 cause that has a working walkthrough mod so I can skip properly thru it,then get the latest version and properly play that .

rash69

Jul 6, 2017
Well,I've re-installed Windows on my pc,and I forgot to backup all the VN save's that I had...wanna do a fast playthrough of the game with 0.9.2 cause that has a working walkthrough mod so I can skip properly thru it,then get the latest version and properly play that .
Same end point as the new update this one reworked chapter 2 in to two parts

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Hello everyone, i'm looking for a translation of Intoxicating Flavor, thanks in advance.

Now you have a translation, so be kind and send him a link (y)
doesn't work that way, poster him/her/itself must give translation.

no idea if there is french translation, if wants can request it elsewhere but better wait that rework is completed.

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
I'm confused. I started playing again from the beginning after a brake (Last I played was 8.4), and I haven't seen any choices in chapter 1. Were they all removed and there's no choice for whether you are on the Light/Dark/Neutral paths? And it looks like there's no Love/Fetish points with the 3 women.

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I'm confused. I started playing again from the beginning after a brake (Last I played was 8.4), and I haven't seen any choices in chapter 1. Were they all removed and there's no choice for whether you are on the Light/Dark/Neutral paths? And it looks like there's no Love/Fetish points with the 3 women.
Those were removed a long time ago IIRC.

Reactions: onefingersalute
4.00 star(s) 151 Votes