tontoman

May 4, 2017
I asked him about it and it's intentional. Seems black pieces are symbolic of Blackmore (Matriarch?), where Queen (woman) is the most important piece. In any case, he said that this chess game will be important in the future updates.
Interesting. And makes sense it's intentional as the usual error is the board the wrong way around.

Funny way to show it, but guess it depends on how you look at it. Many make the mistake and put the king on its own colour thinking it's the most important and so should be. White king white square. But the Queen the most powerful gets her colour.

So I guess he's swapped them showing the Queen in the Kings usual space (ignore the square colour), and that's the point. But for me as the king is already on the 'wrong' colour... the king was already shown as less powerful.
Heh
---------------

Just wanted to say gamewise. As others mentioned lots of repeating themes and systems from his prior games. But the quality and polish of the games have really improved. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: Mister_M

Frosty2000

Nov 16, 2017
Great start. A bit weirded out by the look of the MC though. Looks to me like a relatively young Michael Jackson...

ipps

Dec 27, 2018
My favorite dev of all time is back! And he's on fire! Damn, i love this so far.
- Aesthetics are absolutely killer. He's always been amazing for this, but was held back a little by the engine and animations.
- The sandbox feels like another step up. So many irons in the fire already. But, (though its day 1 of course so may change), i love that there's no energy bar. Rather its the narrative choices that shuts you down. It feels super natural. There's a couple of 'choices' by the looks of things already (keeping the vampy driver waiting and choosing who to visit once you finally arrive to the motel at the end of day 1 just off the top of my head - i could 100% it, but im lazy).
- The story is really nice so far. Lots of intrigue and potential choices (locking out paths by the looks of it as mentioned above).
- So much content right off the bat. Its a good hour or so of playtime. And its paced really well between world building, narrative, and awesome scenes.
- The atmosphere is on point. Its always been his superpower. Honestly, i love how twisted he gets. And its pretty clear that we've already set up so many scenes and scenarios.
- This feels like he's going to kill this! I cant wait.

Honestly, the worst thing about this is that i have to wait to play the rest of it. :( It's so freaking... whats the word...? Coherent? Fully realised? Rather than a demo, it feels more like a proof of concept. I cant wait to see the next part!

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
i love that there's no energy bar.
I'm not sure about that, seems like Essence works a little bit like an energy and willpower combined. MC loses Essence for erotic activities (and replenishes it with candies), so I guess at some point we won't be able to accept everyone's advances and if it'll drop to zero it's probably game over.

fedoraTipping

Jul 1, 2021
This is looking GREAT! Not only because the game content itself, but also it feels like a planned out and well polished framework for later updates. The windows for the game would not need much work beyond the current look and feel, for dialogs, player stats and choices and so on. I would imagine the dev could solely focus on rendering and dialogs for the upcoming updates. This goes a looong way for game development. Absolutely brilliant.
There are thousands of games that are great in the first few updates and gets to poop-land later, and eventually abandoned. The common theme is the dev needs to constantly change or rewrite parts of the code for new maps, charactert, mini-games, etc. Changing the look and feel, breaking things, and stressing out the dev, which leads to a failed game.
This game definitely is one of the few games that has a rock solid foundation from the start. Eager to see what the next updates would be.

GrabberWalkie

Jul 9, 2020
So, which girl is your favourite so far? Me, I think I have to say Vivienne(? the skinny redhead at the office). Sure, she's skinny, and sure, her anime-ish eyes kinda freak me out, but she's got such a cute face, and I love her outfit, and her personality! A shame we didn't get any action with her yet, but maybe that's a good thing, I imagine once it does get to it, it'll be something special.:sneaky:

Last edited:

belosiani

Apr 24, 2020
So, which girl is your favourite so far? Me, I think I have to say Vivienne(? the skinny redhead at the office). Sure, she's skinny, and sure, her anime-ish eyes kinda freak me out, but she's got such a cute face, and I love her outfit! A shame we didn't get any action with her so far, but maybe that's a good thing, I imagine once it does get to it, it'll be something special.:sneaky:
Probably Tamara tbh

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
So, which girl is your favourite so far? Me, I think I have to say Vivienne(? the skinny redhead at the office). Sure, she's skinny, and sure, her anime-ish eyes kinda freak me out, but she's got such a cute face, and I love her outfit! A shame we didn't get any action with her so far, but maybe that's a good thing, I imagine once it does get to it, it'll be something special.:sneaky:
I'd say Tamara (I'm really looking forward to meeting Voodoo girls) and Tara, but generally girls here have a little bit too big breasts for my taste, so for now Tara is my #1. Vivienne looks interesting and I'm curious about her, seems more lowkey sadistic to me. Bellatrix looks pretty dope too, but the whole vampire thing slightly kills it for me, since I assume her skin is cold and she doesn't sweat.

GrabberWalkie

Jul 9, 2020
I'd say Tamara (I'm really looking forward to meeting Voodoo girls) and Tara, but generally girls here have a little bit too big breasts for my taste, so for now Tara is my #1. Vivienne looks interesting and I'm curious about her, seems more lowkey sadistic to me. Bellatrix looks pretty dope too, but the whole vampire thing slightly kills it for me, since I assume her skin is cold and she doesn't sweat.
Yeah, I agree, some of the breasts are too big. As to Bellatrix, I like her too, but her vampire fangs kinda creep me out. Not because they're vampire fangs, but because they're not where fangs are supposed to be. Then again, vampires are depicted differently in different media, including their teeth (for example, in Supernatural vampires have a full set of vampire teeth instead of just two fangs), so I guess there's no point in complaining? :confused:

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes