4.30 star(s) 62 Votes

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
play the update and find out, if you had played it in the time between your two posts, youd have your answer
I never play this game before so I have to start from the beginning. Its a lot of time. As for while I need answer to this. Check page 75

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Updated my compressed Android port of The Swordbearer with Koga3's walkthrough mod to v0.9.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: -

save8lot

Apr 7, 2021
KoGa3 I am playing the recent v0.9 update with your MOD installed and at the Stables scene when the MC is about to name his horse I get the following error:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't know if this error is MOD related or not but I figured I would ask you.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
KoGa3 I am playing the recent v0.9 update with your MOD installed and at the Stables scene when the MC is about to name his horse I get the following error:

I don't know if this error is MOD related or not but I figured I would ask you.
Thanks for the info. It's probably a Mod issue at that game point. I'll fix that with the next version. So far you can press ignore to continue.

Last edited:

KnightMarco

Jul 8, 2017
Here my Mod with a gallery unlocker and the continued WT from LaikDink

Download Mod v0.9 (~6MB)
Pixeldrain -

Android port from the game compressed
with integrated Mod v0.9a (~950MB)
Pixeldrain -

View attachment 3972665 View attachment 3972666 View attachment 3972667 View attachment 3972668
thank you thank you thank you

Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
This game needs to figure out what it wants to be. Does it want to be a drama? a comedy? a romance? cause right now it's trying to be too many things and failing at all of them. Like we are having a serious scene to show the vampires are a legitimate threat and then it's interrupted with some retarded humor that just saps the energy out of it.

And like the MC just cannot decide if he is a dumb fuck boy wanting to bang anything with a hole or if he actually cares about... any of the girls? Like he goes from talking about how much he cares about one girl to staring at a girls cleavage the next scene like he is a virgin.

Please find some consistency in tone.

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
This game needs to figure out what it wants to be. Does it want to be a drama? a comedy? a romance? cause right now it's trying to be too many things and failing at all of them. Like we are having a serious scene to show the vampires are a legitimate threat and then it's interrupted with some retarded humor that just saps the energy out of it.

And like the MC just cannot decide if he is a dumb fuck boy wanting to bang anything with a hole or if he actually cares about... any of the girls? Like he goes from talking about how much he cares about one girl to staring at a girls cleavage the next scene like he is a virgin.

Maybe Shakespeare should have tried to find a consistency in tone too :unsure:
But he didn't.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017

I didn't find any issue when it switches from comedy to not , I felt that was consistent enough not sure about the other issues you had. However I never really felt like this game was trying to be a romance unless things changed in the last 2 updates. To me it felt more like Comedy + story focus with romance taking the backburner for most of the game. Can't recall how the MC acts tho without a replay

ImariKurumi

Nov 21, 2022

Kinda agree with you. I dig comedy, a few VNs do it really well but the humor in this game is just lame. It makes the MC and the supporting characters look like retards rather than the intended effect of being comic relief. Dev should just drop the humor altogether and adopt a more serious tone to the storytelling. No offense but humor is not his strength. He should focus on the narrative, which is what he is good at.

Reactions: Roccadorso

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Kinda agree with you. I dig comedy, a few VNs do it really well but the humor in this game is just lame. It makes the MC and the supporting characters look like retards rather than the intended effect of being comic relief. Dev should just drop the humor altogether and adopt a more serious tone to the storytelling. No offense but humor is not his strength. He should focus on the narrative, which is what he is good at.
idk I think the comedy in anything is hit or miss for me the comedy is the best part of this game right now, I laugh my ass off more than expected. While in other games that are suppose to be funny I didn't find any of it funny. I personally would be sad if he dropped the comedy but I get it , it shouldn't be the focus either

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
Strongly disagree with that.
This VN was built from very start as comedy, changing it would be silly.

Do I think something it went way too far? Yes, I've complained about, believe it was chapter 7, where MC acted like complete buffoon, something I'd expect from his friend, not him.
Do I think MC is also insanely horny and wants to bang everything that walks on 2 feet and has vagina? Yes.
Do I like it? No.
But it's a style dev went with, and nothing wrong with that.

Story is good, updates length is good, some characters are good, some are great, some I couldn't care any less about (vampire girl and ninja girls for example), but that's just standard.
Just thankful there's no forced romance, so all girls can be rejected to continue with the plot.

Not every VN needs to be serious, dark and broody.

save8lot

Apr 7, 2021
Thanks for the info. It's probably a Mod issue at that game point. I'll fix that with the next version. So far you can press ignore to continue.
I usually try to avoid clicking the Ignore button on errors due to some problems I have had in the past. As an example, on another game I lost the ability to Hide the text and take screenshots after ignoring an error and had to reload a rather old save to get those features back.

I think this error has to do with the "with vpunch" call which seems to call some type of Motion (probably a screen shake or something like that) so I will remove it myself and test it. If it still doesn't work then I will probably just re-download the game and play it without the mod this time. Thanks though.

UPDATE:

I confirmed that the error does NOT happen when playing the game without the MOD.

I was also correct that the "with vpunch" call does appear to cause a screen shake effect, but removing it also eliminates the error message from the modded version. Not sure why that eliminates the error since the effect works in the unmodded version.

Last edited:
Reactions: KoGa3

shazba jnr

Feb 3, 2024

I didn't find any issue when it switches from comedy to not , I felt that was consistent enough not sure about the other issues you had. However I never really felt like this game was trying to be a romance unless things changed in the last 2 updates. To me it felt more like Comedy + story focus with romance taking the backburner for most of the game. Can't recall how the MC acts tho without a replay
idk I think the comedy in anything is hit or miss for me the comedy is the best part of this game right now, I laugh my ass off more than expected. While in other games that are suppose to be funny I didn't find any of it funny. I personally would be sad if he dropped the comedy but I get it , it shouldn't be the focus either
Strongly disagree with that.
This VN was built from very start as comedy, changing it would be silly.

Do I think something it went way too far? Yes, I've complained about, believe it was chapter 7, where MC acted like complete buffoon, something I'd expect from his friend, not him.
Do I think MC is also insanely horny and wants to bang everything that walks on 2 feet and has vagina? Yes.
Do I like it? No.
But it's a style dev went with, and nothing wrong with that.

Story is good, updates length is good, some characters are good, some are great, some I couldn't care any less about (vampire girl and ninja girls for example), but that's just standard.
Just thankful there's no forced romance, so all girls can be rejected to continue with the plot.

Not every VN needs to be serious, dark and broody.
The humor in this story is often slapstick as opposed to wit. Slapstick is not everyone's cup of tea, particularly in this medium where there is no apparent skill from the performer to create the effect (compared to the likes of Charlie Chaplin through to Jackie Chan where they make precise buffoonery look so comical).

So I can understand how anyone may find the foolishness of the mc and his friend to be off-putting, especially since we're to believe the mc needs to save the world. But ultimately, he really is a dumb, horny cunt, who needs to grow a fuck-tonne before the world has a hope in Hell.

So yeah, it is what it is. Some of the humor works for me (the idiocy of their attempted cool slogans when fighting evil had me chuckling in spite of myself), while the overtly used juxtaposition of the mc's touting his own prowess only to, literally, fall on his face had me groaning at its obviousness.

It's not perfect, but I believe it's one of the more enjoyable AVNs on this site. Of course, if you're looking for a fuckfest, this is not it, and that's possibly why it still has such a criminally low subscription rate, but the story is building nicely in my mind, the updates are timely (particularly compared to so many other devs that are now pushing the 1-year mark per update), and the developer is very decent; he often stops billing when he feels he's not delivering (that is a rarity in this field).

This is actually the only game on this site that I subscribe to. What can I say, the opening menu and its music just make me happy. :giggle:

But I gotta say, one of the comments from critics of any medium that always annoys me is, "this title doesn't know what it wants to be". I hate that comment. The critic needs things to fall into compartmentalised genres or else they can't appreciate it. What about the rest of us who like something new?

Nah, keep up the good work, CaramelCowboy!

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 62 Votes