Ren'Py Abandoned The Things We Do For Love [Ep. 1-2] [DSeductionGames]

4.00 star(s) 18 Votes

batman666

Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Not my cup of tea. Renders are good although I really dislike the DAZ-branded mom hair, it doesn't look good - but the creator stated there won't be mom content so it doesn't really matter. The opening scene really made the whole deal uncomfortable. Not because it was so dramatic but because I feel like the really complicated and serious topic was played out like a regular Renpy game sex scene but with rape in it. In a way, it seemed like a satire because the dad with his cop uniform looked like a stripper. To me, rape is a total no-go and it doesn't really do anything to make the game interesting to me. The main dude is just so ultra feminine that for me as a male player, there is literally 0% identification possible.

For people who can identify with a rather beta main protagonist, this might be fun. For me it's sadly not. Still wishing the best to the author and I'm sure there's a big enough crowd for something like this. I tried it and it wasn't for me overall. This turned me off faster than NTR.

Reactions: Wirtlon

Ilfenis

Feb 7, 2019
Excellent and promising. I didn't really mind the opening as a sort of tragic backdrop and plot catalyst that basically makes the whole premise possible in the first place.

I like the look of Alexander a lot. Don't agree that boyish good looks somehow count as "feminine", or even worse, "beta" whatever that word means.

Spiderfox

Nov 28, 2018
Excellent and promising. I didn't really mind the opening as a sort of tragic backdrop and plot catalyst that basically makes the whole premise possible in the first place.

I like the look of Alexander a lot. Don't agree that boyish good looks somehow count as "feminine", or even worse, "beta" whatever that word means.
While the sister does seem to be the more dominant of the two, it is also too early to tell completely. I also didn't get that the brother was a "beta/sub" type, I got that he was a "broken" type. Which is very common with rape victims in general. It takes most rape victims many many years to get back to where they were before the rape. If they ever do get there.

DarkDreamz

Aug 23, 2018
Yea...at last, having been away for the last month and a bit, and with no computer (had to go north for a training program and forgot my laptop) so delighted to get back and find this update, really looking forward to it, @DarthSeduction many thanks for it, hope it's as good as the opener.

Reactions: DarthSeduction
D

Deleted member 31043

Mostly optional. The character is written with bisexuality in mind, however, aside from the opening rape scene, which is now "skippable" (no images, just text) there is no forced content, but there may still be some instances of the character saying or doing things that signal their sexuality. There is only 1 other male character later in the game, and you will have every option not to interact with him as Alex.
If there is going to be ntr in later updates will it be avoidable ?

Reactions: riktor

Xenix22

Oct 25, 2017
This is incorrect. I did just test it myself. The thing that triggers her romance stat increasing is based on actions Alexander takes in tandem with actions she may or may not have taken. What this translates to is, if you choose, with Lex, not to masturbate in the shower, but choose, with Alexis to tease him both times, then you'll trigger that scene.
Then either the patch is breaking it somehow, or the one posted here is different from what you have in some way. I tried every combination including your suggested "Tease Him" + "Turn" + "I Can't" and the result of that combination is that you get the menu options but when you choose "Embarassed is Embarassed" you still get the path of the mother calling them lovebirds and then cut to the car scene. That is because choosing "Tease Him" and "Turn" will each give her a lust point and trigger her forced fantasizing thus give you 7 points in Alexislust. That is the current unavoidable issue making the "else" topless scene unreachable. You need to have Alexislust < 7 which is not possible with the requirements.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
If there is going to be ntr in later updates will it be avoidable ?
I believe that as we play as both a male and a female MC, and can control the choices, NTR will become completely avoidable. You should be able to make a complete love story between the brother and sister. However, it appears that a lot of content will be missed that way.

But, [at the risk of starting a war] is it really NTR if you play as the female MC and have sex with different partners? If you were playing a completely male-MC-based game, it probably would be. But in this one, I don't know.

I play several games which feature female MCs, who have boyfriends or fiances, and have them hop gleefully into the sack with every man or woman they come across [pun intended]! In Elena's Life, Elena can have 2 or 3 sex scenes per game day, none of them with her fiance. Go, Elena!

To tell the truth, I don't know myself how I will handle it when Alexis has the opportunity to engage in a relationship with another guy. It will probably depend on the situation and the guy. As for the bi-aspect for Alexander, that 's not my particular fetish, so if I can miss that form of content, I'll not be disappointed.

I'll just keep playing until I get turned off, then I'll stop. That hasn't happened yet.

Spiderfox

Nov 28, 2018
Then either the patch is breaking it somehow, or the one posted here is different from what you have in some way. I tried every combination including your suggested "Tease Him" + "Turn" + "I Can't" and the result of that combination is that you get the menu options but when you choose "Embarassed is Embarassed" you still get the path of the mother calling them lovebirds and then cut to the car scene. That is because choosing "Tease Him" and "Turn" will each give her a lust point and trigger her forced fantasizing thus give you 7 points in Alexislust. That is the current unavoidable issue making the "else" topless scene unreachable. You need to have Alexislust < 7 which is not possible with the requirements.
I also did the tease, twist and don't masterbate. No topless scene, no matter which option you choose in the Morning.

Spiderfox

Nov 28, 2018
I believe that as we play as both a male and a female MC, and can control the choices, NTR will become completely avoidable. You should be able to make a complete love story between the brother and sister. However, it appears that a lot of content will be missed that way.

But, [at the risk of starting a war] is it really NTR if you play as the female MC and have sex with different partners? If you were playing a completely male-MC-based game, it probably would be. But in this one, I don't know.

I play several games which feature female MCs, who have boyfriends or fiances, and have them hop gleefully into the sack with every man or woman they come across [pun intended]! In Elena's Life, Elena can have 2 or 3 sex scenes per game day, none of them with her fiance. Go, Elena!

To tell the truth, I don't know myself how I will handle it when Alexis has the opportunity to engage in a relationship with another guy. It will probably depend on the situation and the guy. As for the bi-aspect for Alexander, that 's not my particular fetish, so if I can miss that form of content, I'll not be disappointed.

I'll just keep playing until I get turned off, then I'll stop. That hasn't happened yet.
Agreed, you would be NTRing yourself if you had her have sex with someone other than the brother. That is not really NTR in my mind.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Is it me or did this take 5 months for an update and is very short on content?

danilo

Apr 26, 2017
I really love this game, not only for incest but for the story itself.
I love the relationship that the characters have, especially that of the brothers, we do not see many games where the brothers get along so well and the truth is they are adorable together.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Not my cup of tea. Renders are good although I really dislike the DAZ-branded mom hair, it doesn't look good - but the creator stated there won't be mom content so it doesn't really matter. The opening scene really made the whole deal uncomfortable. Not because it was so dramatic but because I feel like the really complicated and serious topic was played out like a regular Renpy game sex scene but with rape in it. In a way, it seemed like a satire because the dad with his cop uniform looked like a stripper. To me, rape is a total no-go and it doesn't really do anything to make the game interesting to me. The main dude is just so ultra feminine that for me as a male player, there is literally 0% identification possible.

For people who can identify with a rather beta main protagonist, this might be fun. For me it's sadly not. Still wishing the best to the author and I'm sure there's a big enough crowd for something like this. I tried it and it wasn't for me overall. This turned me off faster than NTR.
You play a story and you don't have to identify yourself with any of the characters and your so called "beta" is a character that experienced several traumatic situations so obviously he isn't Duke Nukem or Macho Man Randy Savage, he acts more like a normal person would do.

Is the story a no brainer like most of the Novels here? No. Is it for everyone? Obviously not. If you are just in for a quick wank don't play this Novel because the story will let your boner shrink.

Reactions: DarthSeduction

KyoriKusagami

Nov 10, 2017
Guys, I made an unofficial fix to trigger the topless scene. You just put this attached file in the TheThingsWeDoForLove-ep2-pc\game folder and the decision you need to make is Tease him a little, Walk over... and I can't do this

Marisol114

Mar 2, 2018
I liked it a lot. Not a lot of content yet, which is sad, but renders are good and both MC look great (especially Alexis).

4.00 star(s) 18 Votes