Ren'Py Abandoned The Things We Do For Love [Ep. 1-2] [DSeductionGames]

4.00 star(s) 18 Votes

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
So i have been reading some of the comments before i download the game and i noticed the ntr tag which is kinda a turn off for me personally so before i download and play i have to ask is it avoidable ie can we as the players make a choice or choices that will allow us to avoid ntr content in its entireity

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
There's zero NTR or cheating so far, except for a Patreon-bonus and non-canon scene that you will be given a quadruple warning about at the end of the current content. Just end the game when you see Las Vegas or choose the very obvious NTR-avoiding choice in the menu that follows. Note that what follows is real NTR, not cheating. It won't make you happy. Just avoid it.

Eventually, the game will offer alternative partners for the twins and (I suspect; I'm not the dev) there will be multiple ways to express their relationships with each other and their alternative partners. But any actual NTR is in the future, and the dev has made it very clear that it will be signposted and very easily avoided as long as you make the correct choices.

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
There's zero NTR or cheating so far, except for a Patreon-bonus and non-canon scene that you will be given a quadruple warning about at the end of the current content. Just end the game when you see Las Vegas or choose the very obvious NTR-avoiding choice in the menu that follows. Note that what follows is real NTR, not cheating. It won't make you happy. Just avoid it.

Eventually, the game will offer alternative partners for the twins and (I suspect; I'm not the dev) there will be multiple ways to express their relationships with each other and their alternative partners. But any actual NTR is in the future, and the dev has made it very clear that it will be signposted and very easily avoided as long as you make the correct choices.
Well as long as i can avoid it i don't mind

mgtoons

Jul 25, 2018
Started the game...........nope...nope NOpe NOPE....buh bye. Delete. I don't care what the rest of the game is. Not if I have to go through that to get to it. nope.

kotte

Feb 11, 2018
OK devs, now I had the time to finish the bonus scene... I don't know if you're counting yays and nays, but the NTR was not my kind of stuff.

But I'm not worried, I know I'll get to choose when the time comes. Just make sure there is still tension, obstacles or boss fights in the story even for us who skip the NTR.

And I totally love your work, both the story and the renders. Actually, I think I have a bit of a crush on Alexis...

kotte

Feb 11, 2018
BTW, I took the time to read the entire thread, and saw something unusual.
It was the dispute about a certain word that can be a slur in one context and a valid part of sexuality in another. The unusual part was how Darth took a stand for treating your fellow humans with respect (well, at least one way to interpret it) and how the rest of the discussion turned out:

Two history buffs happily found each other :geek:, and another poster said "I guess we just have to agree to disagree ... Nonetheless, you seem like a smart person and I respect your opinion 100%. Thanks for making a discussion like this possible.."

In my opinion this is extraordinary!

Just like how a good boss can help create a healthy atmosphere in a workplace, I think you (Darth and a couple of others) did something to make this thread a healthy place on the forums.
Thank you for that!

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
Started the game...........nope...nope NOpe NOPE....buh bye. Delete. I don't care what the rest of the game is. Not if I have to go through that to get to it. nope.
Personally, I am not into man-on-man thing but it does establish the context and makes the incestuous relationship more believable (IIRC, I heard that many of the incestuous relationships between the siblings were often established as a result of the case of domestic abuse or something, unsure if that was statistically true or not). What I did was just to focus on the dialogue text and only briefly looked at the scene in question itself. You can easily click quickly through but you can miss out on the backstory.

I can understand your feeling about this (infamous, I might add :p) scene and I feel the same disgust (I can't help it since I am a male heterosexual :p) about it. That is not to say I have anything against the gay men in general, what they do in their own private lives is not my concern and frankly I don't really care. Anyway, I digress but I can tell you that you will be missing out on what I personally think is a good story after that scene.

If that does not change your mind, oh, well, that is your choice. To each their own. *shrugs*

Reactions: DarthSeduction

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Look man, you're not supposed to enjoy the opening of this game. I can't make you understand this, but quite seriously, the feelings you felt engaging with this scene are supposed to be there. You're supposed to play the rest of the game with that visceral background feeling providing context for the rest of it. I can't make you play the game, and to be frank, I'm not interested in it. But seriously, risk a little discomfort once in a while. You might learn something.

Reactions: Robert Monotoli

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Question, is the only gay scene in the game the first one???
The character Nick, introduced in the bonus scene, if you played it, will be one of two romantic rivals. Both Alexander and Alexis will have the choice of interacting with one of these rivals, the other being a girl. The ways you interact with them will actually be the brunt of the variation to this story. Alex can be bisexual, choose only to interact with Nick, foregoing Alexis, or can be played as choosing all the straight options.

That said, I very clearly code Alex as being somewhere in the middle of the spectrum on sexuality. There are times, like in the first release where they talk about a D&D campaign where he seduces a male character, where this queer-coding will be more explicit, and other times, like when I have the twins singing lyrics from Moulin Rouge at one another, that might fly under the radar.

Just as there's no forcing anyone to experience NTR in this game, there's no forcing anyone to go along with the incest, the straight, or the gay content. This game truly is more about making choices with these characters and seeing how they affect the relationship that I set up in the first place.

Reactions: Robert Monotoli

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
So, is this update just bug fixes and dialogue color for better understanding? Ok, waiting for chapter 3.
Also a bonus scene, though that has heavy NTR content. It isn't canon or anything and is skipable, but if you're interested it's there.

KyoriKusagami

Nov 10, 2017
Also a bonus scene, though that has heavy NTR content. It isn't canon or anything and is skipable, but if you're interested it's there.
Thanks but nope, because it's not my cup of tea(mainly if there's humiliation) and it will erase every good feeling that I have about the romance between the main characters(mainly after I saw the confession at chapter 2). The boy went through the rough past and he sees the few peoples that he loves soo much being stolen the worst way possible(I know how the genre works), I don't want even imagine what Alexander will do after. So, I prefer to wait for chapter 3 and pass the bonus(even non-canon).

demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
Thanks but nope, because it's not my cup of tea(mainly if there's humiliation) and it will erase every good feeling that I have about the romance between the main characters(mainly after I saw the confession at chapter 2). The boy went through the rough past and he sees the few peoples that he loves soo much being stolen the worst way possible(I know how the genre works), I don't want even imagine what Alexander will do after. So, I prefer to wait for chapter 3 and pass the bonus(even non-canon).
In some extreme cases, victims of child abuse/violence would, after they grow up, think its normal for them to be treated badly . Thus in this case the boy might feel its normal when shits happen again and wouldnt try to stop em, he might even be relieved it finally happened. I'm not saying its a must or the player must accept this, just it could be a possible explanation for ridiculous reactions from the boy.

4.00 star(s) 18 Votes