Ren'Py Abandoned The Things We Do For Love [Ep. 1-2] [DSeductionGames]

4.00 star(s) 18 Votes

Stranger87

Sep 14, 2017
Wha?!?! I realize here was a disclaimer and an option to skip the intro, but darn, I wish I had known what I was getting into. Sheesh, I wish I quit and restarted to skip.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Tags: Incest, Rape, Gay

Disclaimer: YO Rape scene incoming

Menu: You wanna skip this?

Me: I can lead a horse to water, but I can't force them to drink
Some people, if they don't like something, don't want it to be in a game at all, even if it can be easily skipped.

However, I can see their point, if too much of the sexual content must be skipped. But, they should just move on to another game, and not expect any developer to completely change their game just to please them. Personally, I skip all hard-NTR scenes, and hope there will be enough for me to continue in the future, as I have really become attached to these twins.

kotte

Feb 11, 2018
Hey, i am okay with rape and incest but i dont wanna see gay scenes, i just dont like it. Can i skip gay scenes?
It's been said many times in this thread, yes, you will be able to do that.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Be aware though, that this might not be your average straight guy fantasy game. If character development and reading a story that is written from a slightly different perspective isn't your thing, then perhaps you might be disappointed later on.
Or pleasantly surprised...

Reactions: Robert Monotoli

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
It's been said many times in this thread, yes, you will be able to do that.

Be aware though, that this might not be your average straight guy fantasy game. If character development and reading a story that is written from a slightly different perspective isn't your thing, then perhaps you might be disappointed later on.
Or pleasantly surprised...
Some of the threads for other games included a spoiler entitled "Developer Notes" containing some important information. Perhaps it might be a good time to consider adding that in the OP in this thread with the information about this M-on-M rape scene and such?

Or do you feel that warnings in the game is more than sufficient?

Also, this is something that is my pet peeve about many threads: too often, description about the games in these threads did not elaborated about what type of incest we can expect in the game (e.g. brother-sister, mother-son, father-daughter, so on). To make matters worse, incest tags in some of the games were in fact a reference to the sisters with whom MC is not related to while description failed to clarify that.

That being said, in the Genre spoiler on the OP, I suggest adding a qualifier "Brother-Sister" to the Incest tag. Obviously you can't change thread tag itself as there is no specialized incest tags available. As to how to clarify that your MC(s) are in fact related to another character he or she can have a relationship with, description is probably the only way to go (can't think of how to clarify that with spoiler tag).

Anyway, these are just the ideas, up to you as always. And the last part about tagging is really more generally aimed at everyone, not just you, in case other developers should come across this thread. I feel the last part is particularly important, at least to me personally. I can't tell you how many times I wasted my time on games that turned out to be not what I was expecting generally (as opposed to specific things like gay rape scenes which I immediately understood the significance for the story purpose and didn't really have an issue with, even though I, as a humble heterosexual, am not a fan of M-on-M sex) mainly due to lack of information I feel is necessary for the general expectations.

Sorry for a long post but just felt a need to put it out there for once and all. Thanks, as always, for your work on this game. Cheers!

Nov 21, 2018
average straight guy fantasy game.
Lol i play games for their story not some random shitty images but i don't llike seeing gay sex. I dont wanna see it even by mistake. Dont get me wrong i am not homophobic but i'm feel disgusting when i see it. And i dont care what SJWs thinks xd

Reactions: DKArthas

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Some of the threads for other games included a spoiler entitled "Developer Notes" containing some important information. Perhaps it might be a good time to consider adding that in the OP in this thread with the information about this M-on-M rape scene and such?

Or do you feel that warnings in the game is more than sufficient?
People already ignore everything else. I'd just be adding more reasons to be baffled at people's willful ignorance.And based on a thread about developers venting about the stuff that grinds their gears, its common that the threads with that spoiler notes section get ignored too.

And i dont care what SJWs thinks xd
Then you probably just don't want to play my game.

Reactions: Segnbora

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
People already ignore everything else. I'd just be adding more reasons to be baffled at people's willful ignorance.And based on a thread about developers venting about the stuff that grinds their gears, its common that the threads with that spoiler notes section get ignored too.

Then you probably just don't want to play my game.
That may be true but I am talking about adding the spoiler as a way of reducing rather than completely preventing these posts, latter of which is of course impossible as there will always be the people who don't bother to read the post thoroughly. As far as I know, there isn't an advance notice in the OP about this gay rape scene for those who do bother to read the OP, like me. It is those type of people I was thinking of.

But, then, again, if I remember correctly, there is already an advance warning at the beginning of game so that is probably more than sufficient. I dunno.

*shrugs* Again, it is up to you. Just my humble suggestion.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
That may be true but I am talking about adding the spoiler as a way of reducing rather than completely preventing these posts, latter of which is of course impossible as there will always be the people who don't bother to read the post thoroughly. As far as I know, there isn't an advance notice in the OP about this gay rape scene for those who do bother to read the OP, like me. It is those type of people I was thinking of.

But, then, again, if I remember correctly, there is already an advance warning at the beginning of game so that is probably more than sufficient. I dunno.

*shrugs* Again, it is up to you. Just my humble suggestion.
Yeah, and if you haven't replayed from the beginning, it now stops you, disclaimer still on the screen to ask you if you're sure you want to view the scene. If you say no, it fades to black. The dialogue is still there, because it's important to the experience to feel what happened to him, but I no longer force you to see it.

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
I was reacting to this post and others.

This scene is the starting point of the game. I don't think you can really appreciate the writing/story if you skip it.
It puts you in a psychological state where you feel for the young boy and you understand why he's so clung to his twin sister.
Of course the scene could have been less graphic, like seeing the dad back mounting the kid and reading text.

But i must say the violence of the scene is what makes you attached to the characters from the start.
Understanding where they come from and why they feel dependent on each other to this point and also why the sister is scared to be like her father.

and tbh, when i watched the scene my mind didn't process it as a gay scene but as a rape/incest scene (which doesn't make it better).
Of course, it's a gay scene but that's not the stronger factor at play here.

Anyway, there is warning if you read the text, the game doesn't start on the sex scene but the few words before clearly explain what's gonna happen (if you don't skip) but i do think people clearly miss a critical element of the game by skipping this scene.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
This scene is the starting point of the game. I don't think you can really appreciate the writing/story if you skip it.
It puts you in a psychological state where you feel for the young boy and you understand why he's so clung to his twin sister.
Of course the scene could have been less graphic, like seeing the dad back mounting the kid and reading text.

Anyway, there is warning if you read the text, the game doesn't start on the sex scene but the few words before clearly explain what's gonna happen (if you don't skip) but i do think people clearly miss a critical element of the game by skipping this scene.
If you do choose to skip it, all you actually skip is the images. I fade to black and you get nothing but the dialogue. Then it comes back in when Alexis wakes up. I wholeheartedly agree, the scene is necessary to tell the story correctly. If you miss it you're not processing the feelings that are necessary to understand the character motivations. Sure, you can understand it intellectually, but you won't feel it.

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
You know i am not even sure that intellectually you can wholly understand it.
I can think on one scene where it's really difficult.

Even, if i remember in the conversation, we read the sister thought and she explain her worry.
those thought aren't as easily understood if you skipped. otherwise they're self-explanatory and are just character building.

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
You know i am not even sure that intellectually you can wholly understand it.
I can think on one scene where it's really difficult.

Even, if i remember in the conversation, we read the sister thought and she explain her worry.
those thought aren't as easily understood if you skipped. otherwise they're self-explanatory and are just character building.
Yep, you summed it up quite nicely what I felt about this particular scene and its relationship to the rest of the story in this game. It also makes the entire brother-sister incest relationship much more believable (if you, as the player, take this path, that is), that it have a context under which it formed. Context is a key to understanding the entire story. This is very much a story-driven game, which I liked.

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
Yeah, and if you haven't replayed from the beginning, it now stops you, disclaimer still on the screen to ask you if you're sure you want to view the scene. If you say no, it fades to black. The dialogue is still there, because it's important to the experience to feel what happened to him, but I no longer force you to see it.
Well, in that case, then, a spoiler is pointless that we already had an advance warning. Apologies for my suggestion as I could not recall if there was a warning in-game or not. Good to know, though!

The only remaining issue I can think of is that people would not know about this infamous :p scene right before downloading and installing this game, which can be considered a waste of their time expended on downloading and installing. But since you can skip this particular scene, I suppose that is trivial. *shrugs*

Do note that I am not defending these critics, just playing a sort of (interesting historical background behind that term btw) to see if we can work this out somehow. But, unfortunately, you can not please everyone. That is just the way it is.

Reactions: DarthSeduction
4.00 star(s) 18 Votes