Ren'Py Abandoned The Things We Do For Love [Ep. 1-2] [DSeductionGames]

4.00 star(s) 18 Votes

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Game doesn't launch. Other similar games works just fine, so I don't think I did anything wrong. Tried to "reinstall", didn't help.
Any ideas?
Definitely a unique issue thus far. Are you getting error logs or tracebacks of any kind?

Jamsen

Mar 18, 2019
Definitely a unique issue thus far. Are you getting error logs or tracebacks of any kind?
No, nothing. I extracted the game and everything looks good. Just when I try to run it, nothing happens, it doesn't even create any logs. Tried to run it as administrator, didn't help. I guess the problem is with the launcher.exe (I can't be sure) since all the similar games I have works just fine.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
No, nothing. I extracted the game and everything looks good. Just when I try to run it, nothing happens, it doesn't even create any logs. Tried to run it as administrator, didn't help. I guess the problem is with the launcher.exe (I can't be sure) since all the similar games I have works just fine.
Problem with that being you're the only one with the problem. If it were a shared issue then yeah, but it seems to be unique to you. Are your other Ren'Py games still currently working?

Jamsen

Mar 18, 2019
Problem with that being you're the only one with the problem. If it were a shared issue then yeah, but it seems to be unique to you. Are your other Ren'Py games still currently working?
Yes, they work perfectly fine, never had any issues before. I guess there isn't much we can do with this.. Thank you anyway. :)

Reactions: DarthSeduction

kotte

Feb 11, 2018
Win 7 64bit.
Can you check using the Task Manager if there is a process running (under "Details") with the name "TheThingsWeDoForLove.exe"?
I have had situations when RenPy starts but the windows isn't visible. If that is the case, kill the process and try to start it again.

Reactions: Mt PewPew

Mt PewPew

May 3, 2018
Can you check using the Task Manager if there is a process running (under "Details") with the name "TheThingsWeDoForLove.exe"?
I have had situations when RenPy starts but the windows isn't visible. If that is the case, kill the process and try to start it again.
I have had that happen a few times as well.

Jamsen

Mar 18, 2019
Some process flashes/appears there when I try to launch but it gets executed/shut down in about a second. Can't be sure what it is since everything is happening so fast and it doesn't remain there any longer.
I don't know, I guess I will just forget this game. Every other game seems to work perfectly fine I have no idea what's wrong, and since my h4Xing skillz are quite (very) limited I don't seem to be capable of solving this. Thanks for your help anyway.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Some process flashes/appears there when I try to launch but it gets executed/shut down in about a second. Can't be sure what it is since everything is happening so fast and it doesn't remain there any longer.
I don't know, I guess I will just forget this game. Every other game seems to work perfectly fine I have no idea what's wrong, and since my h4Xing skillz are quite (very) limited I don't seem to be capable of solving this. Thanks for your help anyway.
Perhaps your antivirus is blocking it.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
why is there a gay tag on this? i mean the main character looks pretty gay, but he's not?
Sadly tags on f95 are limited. If there was a "Forced gay sex" tag that would be in use on current releases of the game. Similarly, there is no "Gay (focus)" vs "Gay (Scene)" tag to limit it to a game where there's only some gay content. Eventually this game will have explicit gay scenes, they aren't forced however, as well as lesbian, and probably quite a few other tags that I can't add till the scenes are in the game.

Reactions: Robert Monotoli
Jul 2, 2017
I don't like gay things completely. However, games often do not offer interesting solutions to connect siblings with each other. The opening scene is very strong, it won me and it could take longer. If this is how you should look a bit of such content it will not hurt. I am counting on strong things with sis, momMY and auntY in the future. We need hardcore stuff !!! ;D

Reactions: Robert Monotoli

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Well I was really enjoying this story and slow burns are ok by me BUT the dev just shit on everything that had been built up until that point with that ridiculous "what if" scene at the end. Why not just show a hot scene between the 2 main protagonists? Why go full on beta cuck content out of nowhere? Shock factor? I will tell you the only thing it did for me was stop my credit card from ever supporting you or content such as that.

slider

Jul 14, 2017
Well I was really enjoying this story and slow burns are ok by me BUT the dev just shit on everything that had been built up until that point with that ridiculous "what if" scene at the end. Why not just show a hot scene between the 2 main protagonists? Why go full on beta cuck content out of nowhere? Shock factor? I will tell you the only thing it did for me was stop my credit card from ever supporting you or content such as that.
That particulate scene has plenty of warnings that allow you to skip it and is nothing but a remote "what if" as long as you don't specifically aim for it. Yet you decided to choose to see the cuckolding scene and then proceeded to rate the game (that you said you "really enjoyed") one star because of it.
I don't know if you want to kink-shame the devs, state how much of an alpha masturbator you are or what, but I don't think its fair to rate this game one star just because that optional scene that for some reason you decided to see.

Jun 9, 2017
I think that is uncalled for

4.00 star(s) 18 Votes