Ren'Py Abandoned The Things We Do For Love [Ep. 1-2] [DSeductionGames]

4.00 star(s) 18 Votes

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
That particulate scene has plenty of warnings that allow you to skip it and is nothing but a remote "what if" as long as you don't specifically aim for it. Yet you decided to choose to see the cuckolding scene and then proceeded to rate the game (that you said you "really enjoyed") one star because of it.
I don't know if you want to kink-shame the devs, state how much of an alpha masturbator you are or what, but I don't think its fair to rate this game one star just because that optional scene that for some reason you decided to see.
My problem with the final scene is that it so contrary to the story up until that point in the game that it makes me question the why even include it. It just shows me that the whole preamble leading up to that scene was to get a wider support base but the dev just couldnt keep the ruse up and the mask fell off and showed what content the "dev" enjoys and subterfuge to drum up potential support is always a sound business decision but not a good way to keep it unless thats your particular kink.

Jun 9, 2017
LoL.

Personal attacks show how much of a cuck lover "you" are.

My problem with the final scene is that it so contrary to the story up until that point in the game that it makes me question the why even include it. It just shows me that the whole preamble leading up to that scene was to get a wider support base but the dev just couldnt keep the ruse up and the mask fell off and showed what content the "dev" enjoys and subterfuge to drum up potential support is always a sound business decision but not a good way to keep it unless thats your particular kink.
There is no subterfuge. The highest patreon tier can request scenes to be put in the game. Since Darth did not want to ruin the vision of what he wanted his game being he decided to make them as what if content.

Ashley young

Dec 4, 2017
That particulate scene has plenty of warnings that allow you to skip it and is nothing but a remote "what if" as long as you don't specifically aim for it. Yet you decided to choose to see the cuckolding scene and then proceeded to rate the game (that you said you "really enjoyed") one star because of it.
I don't know if you want to kink-shame the devs, state how much of an alpha masturbator you are or what, but I don't think its fair to rate this game one star just because that optional scene that for some reason you decided to see.
I feel that the scene was uncalled for, and that it really did not fit with the theme of the story. This was the [erfoect example of "Oh look, that's a decent story, but BOOM, here you go with an ntr scene outta nowhere". Yeah, it was simply a what-if, but this is how all this ntr shit starts. Dev puts one random scene, and then suddenly multiple people start hounding for more until the dev bends, and what follows is a clusterfucl.

Reactions: TheKryptonian

-DarkHorizon-

Jul 20, 2018
Did nobody read the overview in the OP? It says that the game will have ntr and that's gonna be avoidable.

That scene was also not my cup of tea, and I'm quite open to ntr (just not the whole degradation thing). And anyway, it was just a bonus scene that's not actually part of the story.

If the highest patrons voted for it, there's nothing anyone can do except spend more than them and vote for something different.

albul

Jun 8, 2017
Did nobody read the overview in the OP? It says that the game will have ntr and that's gonna be avoidable.

That scene was also not my cup of tea, and I'm quite open to ntr (just not the whole degradation thing). And anyway, it was just a bonus scene that's not actually part of the story.

If the highest patrons voted for it, there's nothing anyone can do except spend more than them and vote for something different.
If it's not part of the story, then maybe put it in something like an "Extras" menu, and keep it separated from the main story? I myself got lucky that i read this thread before that scene, so i recognised the scene and noped the hell out immediately, but i don't remember how well it was explained in game what was going to happen.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
That seems reasonable. Will talk with Darth about it.
Yeah it certainly would be best to have the 'Extras' gallery for all non canonical stuff and label the different scenes appropriately so that people can find them, or avoid them if it's not something to their liking :)
I also almost went to see what the special was about, but I was warned not to right before, so I knew to stay away (the person knows I'm not about that stuff at all, haha) :p

Reactions: HellsPerfectSpawn

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I think that is uncalled for
Really? He doesn't like the game. He's allowed. He's not going to reward the developer with cash. That's allowed too.

I think a person should be allowed to show up here and voice their displeasure, so long as they say why, and don't belabor the point by being endlessly argumentative.

You like the game; he doesn't. So be it.

U

User_32285

View attachment 281469

Powerless MC being completely dominated by the Netori is only one, usually very extreme form of NTR. NTR is jealousy and betrayal. You can be in a completely platonic relationship with your best male childhood friend, but the moment they start to live a better life than you by gay fucking the guy who beats your ass for lunch money, and not using that relationship to protect you, you're the victim of NTR. Your little sister, who you also have a normal family relationship with and not an incestuous one, could start having sex with your boss, and he's a complete dick, and her relationship with your boss doesn't make your boss any better, she knows full well that he's a dick to you, she even allows it or enables it. Boom NTR.

So no, NTR doesn't require you to be powerlessly watching something happen to your lover. It means that someone has betrayed you beyond return (more than cheating as you said) and is about the feelings associated with that betrayal, usually jealousy, but not necessarily.

Similarly, the netori, doesn't have to be 1 person, or even a person at all. Say the MC is a 12 year old boy. His single mother gets addicted to drugs. As a result of her drug addiction her relationship, which used to be very positive, changes, she's no longer the caretaker that she once was, she has betrayed you. No sex required, the drugs themselves and her addiction to them are NTR.

NTR is a relatively loose concept in this way. While many instances will be the heightened forced cuckoldry that you're describing, they don't have to be.

Netorase is also abbreviated as NTR, and Netorase is a scenario where the A goes and finds a Netori, C, to come and fuck their lover B. Or A creates a situation where a C and their B will come into contact. Or A finds out that there already is a C and decides to stick around. What I'm saying is, both male and female masochists might get off on being cucked. It's fine if you aren't one of them. I'm certainly not, as a sadist, but that doesn't mean that these people don't exist.

In the end, your experience is not universal. Things that you might hate, other people might like. This is something you should always consider.
You are a ray of light shining through a cesspool of ignorance :)

(So many people shouting NTR at everything they don't like, it's great to see someone who has knowledge.)

Reactions: DarthSeduction
U

User_32285

Really? He doesn't like the game. He's allowed. He's not going to reward the developer with cash. That's allowed too.

I think a person should be allowed to show up here and voice their displeasure, so long as they say why, and don't belabor the point by being endlessly argumentative.

Uncalled for =! not allowed.

It means unnecessary or not needed amongst other things.

Jun 9, 2017

Sure they can. That wasn't what I was referring to. I was referring to their review.

I can't like something I haven't tried now can I

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Sure they can. That wasn't what I was referring to. I was referring to their review.

I can't like something I haven't tried now can I
Did you read the whole review? I gave the dev credit for what was actually good. But any game that contains that hardcore of cuck content will elicit a 1 star review from me. If my opinion bothers you well thats your problem not mine.

Somebody has to offset the other reviews that just sidestep the dramatic drawbacks of the game as a whole and what is likely to come in future updates.

But I also agree that putting that stuff in a whole other section like extras or some shit would save the dev a bunch of grief. Rather than right at the end of the current version where some might be thinking oh boy some actual sexual content is coming. Sure theres a warning but maybe a stronger warning saying some seriously fucked up shit thats gonna make you want to puke your fucking guts out and ask yourself what is wrong with some people who like this abomination is about to happen :sick:

Reactions: riktor
4.00 star(s) 18 Votes