Ren'Py Abandoned The Things We Do For Love [Ep. 1-2] [DSeductionGames]

4.00 star(s) 18 Votes
Jun 9, 2017
Did you read the whole review? I gave the dev credit for what was actually good. But any game that contains that hardcore of cuck content will elicit a 1 star review from me. If my opinion bothers you well thats your problem not mine.

Somebody has to offset the other reviews that just sidestep the dramatic drawbacks of the game as a whole and what is likely to come in future updates.

But I also agree that putting that stuff in a whole other section like extras or some shit would save the dev a bunch of grief. Rather than right at the end of the current version where some might be thinking oh boy some actual sexual content is coming. Sure theres a warning but maybe a stronger warning saying some seriously fucked up shit thats gonna make you want to puke your fucking guts out and ask yourself what is wrong with some people who like this abomination is about to happen :sick:
Sure I did. And no it doesn't bother me.

It just sounds like you are basing your review on assumptions. Which is your right. But calling your assumptions a review is uncalled for.

-DarkHorizon-

Jul 20, 2018
Did you read the whole review? I gave the dev credit for what was actually good. But any game that contains that hardcore of cuck content will elicit a 1 star review from me. If my opinion bothers you well thats your problem not mine.

Somebody has to offset the other reviews that just sidestep the dramatic drawbacks of the game as a whole and what is likely to come in future updates.

But I also agree that putting that stuff in a whole other section like extras or some shit would save the dev a bunch of grief. Rather than right at the end of the current version where some might be thinking oh boy some actual sexual content is coming. Sure theres a warning but maybe a stronger warning saying some seriously fucked up shit thats gonna make you want to puke your fucking guts out and ask yourself what is wrong with some people who like this abomination is about to happen :sick:
There was a big warning and the option to skip.

Also, the entire premise of this game is being either a love story or a tragic ntr story, you decide. Which means it will have at least those 2 paths. I agree that the scene should have been better put in a gallery or something, but you can't say you weren't warned appropriately beforehand.

Always those oversensitive people with selective reading...

torkenstiem

May 1, 2017
I think it's funny how a game that is clearly tagged NTR and then, in the description mentions a "tragic NTR tale",
the NTR haters still bitch and complain about the game's content. Even the warning choices clearly state that the "dreaded" scene is next, AND avoidable. I hate spiders, if I see one, I avoid it. Seems like good advice for you NTRPHOBES.

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Actually most NTR doesnt really phase me at all. Maybe its just fact that your going through a story about a kid who is repeatedly raped by his father and the person who saves him from that hell on earth now with the MC tied to a fucking chair his savior is raped repeatedly and then forced to eat the rapist cum out of his now repeatedly raped sister/savior ass.

I mean under those previous circumstances that played out who the fuck would then find that scene pleasureable in any way AND EVEN REQUEST THAT TO BE SEEN BY ANYBODY?!

I will just never understand how people disassociate themselves from what their eyes are seeing. Do I need to be a legit sociopath or something?

But to fair to the dev I am going rerate this game because honestly up until that point I was in love with the game. I just didnt realize the scene about to come would go THAT far into fuckedupville...

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Sure they can. That wasn't what I was referring to. I was referring to their review.

I can't like something I haven't tried now can I
I wish you had made what you were referring to a lot clearer in your post. I haven't read his review, but agree that throwing a one-star review at a game, only because of an avoidable scene, is unfair.

U

User_32285

Actually most NTR doesnt really phase me at all. Maybe its just fact that your going through a story about a kid who is repeatedly raped by his father and the person who saves him from that hell on earth now with the MC tied to a fucking chair while his savior is raped repeatedly and then forced to eat the rapist cum out of his now repeatedly raped sister/savior ass.

I mean under those previous circumstances that played out who the fuck would then find that scene pleasureable in any way AND EVEN REQUEST THAT TO BE SEEN BY ANYBODY?!

I will just never understand how people disassociate themselves from what their eyes are seeing. Do I need to be a legit sociopath or something?

But to fair to the dev I am going rerate this game because honestly up until that point I was in love with the game. I just didnt realize the scene about to come would go THAT far into fuckedupville...
I respect your opinion, but I think you missed the part where it said it was non canon i.e. it's not part of the story its just an extra scene.

You can see it as a fantasy or dream, but it does not happen in the game or story.

U

User_32285

Your point being?

I don't wish to be snarky about this, but I am well aware of the difference in definitions.

I stand by everything I said in that post.
The post you replied on used the wording uncalled, you replied on that post being mad about not being allowed. That's the point. So you apparently are not as aware and I think you do want to be snarky :)

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I might as well throw my opinion out there, about that extra scene. [Nobody gives a shit, but I'm gonna do it anyway.]

I downloaded the release, and viewed the graphics, as I always do before playing a game. What I saw disgusted me; so, as that was all there was in the release, I didn't play it.

However, that will not stop me from playing the next release, whenever it comes out. I am very interested in how these two damaged people manage to work out their issues. [Hopefully, having wild sex between themselves and others. :D] As long as I can bypass the hardcore degrading scenes, I'll be a happy player.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
The post you replied on used the wording uncalled, you replied on that post being mad about not being allowed. That's the point. So you apparently are not as aware and I think you do want to be snarky :)
While I am certainly not beyond being a LOT snarky, I actually was trying NOT to be in that post.

"you replied on that post being mad about not being allowed" while the actual meaning of that phrase is unclear, I will assume you meant that I was mad about something. Far from it. Nor was I trying to express anger. I WAS concerned, but, as it turns out, I misunderstood what the author of that post was referring to, and reacted to that misunderstanding.

This makes two consecutive posts to me where I have been unsure of what you were trying to say. If you are a native-English speaker, please try to be more careful in your responses. If you are not, I apologize, as you undoubtedly speak my language a whole lot better than I do yours.

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
I dont recall the sister being raped, so you must've watched the optional non-canon scene for the patrons (as told in the changelog) . that isn't actually part of the story of the game. Its an optional thing that the patrons wanted, you just wondered into it. should've just been put in a gallery instead of the main game.

besides that, its been said that that everything will be avoidable as MC controls both the sister and brother.
I understand it isnt the canon tale the dev is trying to tell and I was quite enjoying the story so far. It was just reckless on the devs part to put a scene like that in a place so easy for people to stumble onto.

I was serious when I said my CC was out and ready to put my support behind the dev until I was like ooooh whats this at the end here?....

Then to my dismay I found out real quick what kind of content to expect more often than not and so now I will just play for free (y)

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Soooo.... Get out of my Open Legends game today and check the thread and holy shit... this is gonna be fun.

Fair warning, I'm gonna be repeating myself a lot.

Well I was really enjoying this story and slow burns are ok by me BUT the dev just shit on everything that had been built up until that point with that ridiculous "what if" scene at the end. Why not just show a hot scene between the 2 main protagonists? Why go full on beta cuck content out of nowhere? Shock factor? I will tell you the only thing it did for me was stop my credit card from ever supporting you or content such as that.
Did you read the overview? Here it is, as a refresher.

Overview:
The Things We Do For Love is a romance story that follows the characters Alexander and Alexis after the two of them are brought closer together after a traumatic experience. It will be up to you, the player, to decide how both Alexander and Alexis respond to this new closeness, whether they resist temptation or are driven by it, whether they give in to their personal fears and demons or triumph over them. You will be in control of both characters, which has the potential to lead to some interesting situations, as you can have one resisting while the other does not. Will this be a comedic and fun coupling? A tragic NTR tale? Or something more dramatic but also rewarding? It's up to you.
No one playing this game has any right to be "surprised" about the NTR. It is properly tagged, I warn you in the description, and you are given the choice to view or not view the scene. Obviously, this means I am aware of the way people feel about NTR and have taken steps to make it avoidable. If you choose not to avoid it, that is your fault, not mine.

My problem with the final scene is that it so contrary to the story up until that point in the game that it makes me question the why even include it. It just shows me that the whole preamble leading up to that scene was to get a wider support base but the dev just couldnt keep the ruse up and the mask fell off and showed what content the "dev" enjoys and subterfuge to drum up potential support is always a sound business decision but not a good way to keep it unless thats your particular kink.
That would be because it has nothing to do with the story up until that point. My highest tier patrons get to choose a bonus scene, this is not what I would have chosen. I'm a fairly sadistic individual, so straight up cuckoldry does nothing for me. This scene was the result of a compromise between what was asked for, and what I'm allowed to provide on patreon. What was requested was much more intense.

My game is about the rest of the content, the love story between the twins. However, choice is a big part of the game, especially once the rivals are introduced. Will a scene exactly like that non-canon patron reward show up on the routes? Probably not, because that scene was short and needed to convey a lot in very little time, I prefer my NTR with slow burning corruption. However, long before I like NTR, I'm a siscon. The "true" route of this story will always be one where they are together.

I feel that the scene was uncalled for, and that it really did not fit with the theme of the story. This was the [erfoect example of "Oh look, that's a decent story, but BOOM, here you go with an ntr scene outta nowhere". Yeah, it was simply a what-if, but this is how all this ntr shit starts. Dev puts one random scene, and then suddenly multiple people start hounding for more until the dev bends, and what follows is a clusterfucl.
This game was always slated to have NTR content. There is always the possibility that future non-canon scenes will contain similar content, but no one, no matter how loud, is going to change the theme of this game. My vision is the vision that goes into the product. The Patron scene is both a reward and a way to deal with that energy of people wanting me to do something that I don't plan on. For instance, there will be no M/S, M/D, or Aunt/niece or nephew content, no matter how many people want to see them. However, if top tier patrons want to see it enough, it might get a non-canon scene. I have made perfectly clear what this game is going to be, I have not hidden that there will be NTR. This comment is simply put, ignorant of the facts posted on the overview and tags as well as the nice little spoiler I have giving a more in depth content warning in the OP of this thread.

If it's not part of the story, then maybe put it in something like an "Extras" menu, and keep it separated from the main story? I myself got lucky that i read this thread before that scene, so i recognised the scene and noped the hell out immediately, but i don't remember how well it was explained in game what was going to happen.
Yeah, let me put it in an extras menu so that people can go there and see it and complain. No, I'm done holding your hands, how many fucking warnings do I have to give you all? The scene will remain at the end of the release because it's a reward. Future scenes may be right up your alley. I will always have the "disclaimer" before telling you that it is non-canon, and optional. If you choose to see something that I tell you up front isn't canon, is optional, and contains content you don't like, that's your problem.

Yeah it certainly would be best to have the 'Extras' gallery for all non canonical stuff and label the different scenes appropriately so that people can find them, or avoid them if it's not something to their liking :)
I also almost went to see what the special was about, but I was warned not to right before, so I knew to stay away (the person knows I'm not about that stuff at all, haha) :p
Again, I made it clear what you were getting into, I'm not going to keep holding hands.

oh rly? i guess ill request some bestiality :love::love:
Has to be acceptable on Patreon.

That's not how reviews work. You don't "offset" other reviews by leaving a particularly bad one. A review is meant to be an honest opinion about the work, taking in the whole of the content, and context.

In the first sentence of your review you say "you are assaulted by". The content is optional, it is not canon, you are given clear warnings, the tags are present, the description has always warned of NTR, yet here you are, ignorantly claiming I'm deviating from the story that was laid out. What's more, you're being dishonest. The entire review you've left is framed to make it seem like I'm somehow forcing you to view content that I went out of my way to make avoidable.

Why would the extras save me grief? Clearly you all already ignore the multittude of warnings I've given you. What do I gain from doing the extra work? More importantly, what do I lose? See, while you might not have liked the scene for this release, the Patrons might end up requesting exactly what you'd like to see next month, and personally, as I copied this idea off of Wicked Choices, I like having a nice sexy scene as a sort of "cherry on top" of the release. Sister Sister Sister did it as well, though that game has quite a few problems.

In the end, I can never do enough to satisfy you people who don't want to see certain content. And to be honest, there's a part of me that wants to say fuck it and remove all the warnings from now on just to spite you all. I won't, because I'm not that petty, but seriously, grow the fuck up.

There was a big warning and the option to skip.

Also, the entire premise of this game is being either a love story or a tragic ntr story, you decide. Which means it will have at least those 2 paths. I agree that the scene should have been better put in a gallery or something, but you can't say you weren't warned appropriately beforehand.

Always those oversensitive people with selective reading...
THIS! Holy fuck this. This is a story based game, the art tells a lot of that story, lucky you, but if you aren't reading my dialogue and menus, seriously, just play something else, because I'm tired of explaining myself. The information, warnings, and etc are available.

Actually most NTR doesnt really phase me at all. Maybe its just fact that your going through a story about a kid who is repeatedly raped by his father and the person who saves him from that hell on earth now with the MC tied to a fucking chair his savior is raped repeatedly and then forced to eat the rapist cum out of his now repeatedly raped sister/savior ass.

Alexander and Alexis share equal billing as the protagonists of this game. I want that to be clear to people, Alex isn't "the" MC, he's "an" MC.

That wasn't rape... He was forced to watch, and yes, the end was pretty intense, but she wasn't raped. See, the thing is, that's what the person did request, was full on rape, I settled for this because I don't really like Non-con, and it's not allowed on patreon. Yes, Alexis is reluctant, that has nothing to do with Nick, and everything to do with Alexander being there tied to a chair. As the scene made pretty clear, she, in that canon, was a depraved whore who liked every second of it.

Trust me, that isn't even the tip of the fucked up iceberg in my mind. If I had been doing a non-con scene that would be a lot worse.

I understand it isnt the canon tale the dev is trying to tell and I was quite enjoying the story so far. It was just reckless on the devs part to put a scene like that in a place so easy for people to stumble onto.

I was serious when I said my CC was out and ready to put my support behind the dev until I was like ooooh whats this at the end here?....

Then to my dismay I found out real quick what kind of content to expect more often than not and so now I will just play for free (y)
You had to make a choice in a menu. you didn't learn anything about what to expect from this game from that scene. Yes, there will be OPTIONAL NTR routes, but those will be completely different from that scenario. Why did I go that fucked up? Well, again, the patron requested a really rough rape scene, I met him halfway with a hard NTR scene, but also, because that's explicitly not how the NTR will play out in this game. As I said above, when it comes to NTR, I actually prefer the slow burn corruption. I'll say again for anyone who hasn't seen me rant on this yet.

The way I see NTR you have A our cuck, B, a person in a relationship constituting a bond of trust with A, and C, the person who steals B from A. Whether the story follows A, B, or C, it is still NTR, the perspective just changes. My preference is for stories where B is the focus. So, if you choose to trigger the NTR content, whether B in your game is Alexis or Alexander, the NTR story that unfolds will be about their corruption, more than about A's despair and jealousy, or C's domination, which to be honest, will be more in the lust than the asshole variety.

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Soooo.... Get out of my Open Legends game today and check the thread and holy shit... this is gonna be fun.

No one playing this game has any right to be "surprised" about the NTR. It is properly tagged, I warn you in the description, and you are given the choice to view or not view the scene. Obviously, this means I am aware of the way people feel about NTR and have taken steps to make it avoidable. If you choose not to avoid it, that is your fault, not mine.

That would be because it has nothing to do with the story up until that point. My highest tier patrons get to choose a bonus scene, this is not what I would have chosen. I'm a fairly sadistic individual, so straight up cuckoldry does nothing for me. This scene was the result of a compromise between what was asked for, and what I'm allowed to provide on patreon. What was requested was much more intense.

My game is about the rest of the content, the love story between the twins. However, choice is a big part of the game, especially once the rivals are introduced. Will a scene exactly like that non-canon patron reward show up on the routes? Probably not, because that scene was short and needed to convey a lot in very little time, I prefer my NTR with slow burning corruption. However, long before I like NTR, I'm a siscon. The "true" route of this story will always be one where they are together.

This game was always slated to have NTR content. There is always the possibility that future non-canon scenes will contain similar content, but no one, no matter how loud, is going to change the theme of this game. My vision is the vision that goes into the product. The Patron scene is both a reward and a way to deal with that energy of people wanting me to do something that I don't plan on. For instance, there will be no M/S, M/D, or Aunt/niece or nephew content, no matter how many people want to see them. However, if top tier patrons want to see it enough, it might get a non-canon scene. I have made perfectly clear what this game is going to be, I have not hidden that there will be NTR. This comment is simply put, ignorant of the facts posted on the overview and tags as well as the nice little spoiler I have giving a more in depth content warning in the OP of this thread.

Yeah, let me put it in an extras menu so that people can go there and see it and complain. No, I'm done holding your hands, how many fucking warnings do I have to give you all? The scene will remain at the end of the release because it's a reward. Future scenes may be right up your alley. I will always have the "disclaimer" before telling you that it is non-canon, and optional. If you choose to see something that I tell you up front isn't canon, is optional, and contains content you don't like, that's your problem.

Again, I made it clear what you were getting into, I'm not going to keep holding hands.

That's not how reviews work. You don't "offset" other reviews by leaving a particularly bad one. A review is meant to be an honest opinion about the work, taking in the whole of the content, and context.

In the first sentence of your review you say "you are assaulted by". The content is optional, it is not canon, you are given clear warnings, the tags are present, the description has always warned of NTR, yet here you are, ignorantly claiming I'm deviating from the story that was laid out. What's more, you're being dishonest. The entire review you've left is framed to make it seem like I'm somehow forcing you to view content that I went out of my way to make avoidable.

Why would the extras save me grief? Clearly you all already ignore the multittude of warnings I've given you. What do I gain from doing the extra work? More importantly, what do I lose? See, while you might not have liked the scene for this release, the Patrons might end up requesting exactly what you'd like to see next month, and personally, as I copied this idea off of Wicked Choices, I like having a nice sexy scene as a sort of "cherry on top" of the release. Sister Sister Sister did it as well, though that game has quite a few problems.

In the end, I can never do enough to satisfy you people who don't want to see certain content. And to be honest, there's a part of me that wants to say fuck it and remove all the warnings from now on just to spite you all. I won't, because I'm not that petty, but seriously, grow the fuck up.

THIS! Holy fuck this. This is a story based game, the art tells a lot of that story, lucky you, but if you aren't reading my dialogue and menus, seriously, just play something else, because I'm tired of explaining myself. The information, warnings, and etc are available.

Alexander and Alexis share equal billing as the protagonists of this game. I want that to be clear to people, Alex isn't "the" MC, he's "an" MC.

That wasn't rape... He was forced to watch, and yes, the end was pretty intense, but she wasn't raped. See, the thing is, that's what the person did request, was full on rape, I settled for this because I don't really like Non-con, and it's not allowed on patreon. Yes, Alexis is reluctant, that has nothing to do with Nick, and everything to do with Alexander being there tied to a chair. As the scene made pretty clear, she, in that canon, was a depraved whore who liked every second of it.

Trust me, that isn't even the tip of the fucked up iceberg in my mind. If I had been doing a non-con scene that would be a lot worse.

You had to make a choice in a menu. you didn't learn anything about what to expect from this game from that scene. Yes, there will be OPTIONAL NTR routes, but those will be completely different from that scenario. Why did I go that fucked up? Well, again, the patron requested a really rough rape scene, I met him halfway with a hard NTR scene, but also, because that's explicitly not how the NTR will play out in this game. As I said above, when it comes to NTR, I actually prefer the slow burn corruption. I'll say again for anyone who hasn't seen me rant on this yet.

The way I see NTR you have A our cuck, B, a person in a relationship constituting a bond of trust with A, and C, the person who steals B from A. Whether the story follows A, B, or C, it is still NTR, the perspective just changes. My preference is for stories where B is the focus. So, if you choose to trigger the NTR content, whether B in your game is Alexis or Alexander, the NTR story that unfolds will be about their corruption, more than about A's despair and jealousy, or C's domination, which to be honest, will be more in the lust than the asshole variety.
Very nice rant. I like it!

First off your patron needs to seek some serious psycological help immediately and you may want to distance yourself and your game from someone who is probably a serial killer.

Secondly I would just like to state that its my own damn fault I didnt heed the warnings and I will rewrite the entire review as seeing as that scene is not cannon I will not just rate your entire game on it.

Thirdly I will state that being a survivor like Alexander that scene at the end hit me in a deep down dark place and brought upon an oversized reaction. Not gonna apologize for blowing my lid but thats just how it goes.

Carry on.

Reactions: DarthSeduction

KyoriKusagami

Nov 10, 2017

I liked the answer, direct and objective. It's fact there's an explicit warning about the bonus, it's not canon and you can avoid easily, that's why I skipped the bonus, because it isn't my cup of tea, so any complaints make no sense. I just hope the Dev has the same care in both routes(Romance and NTR) and giving the same content amount and intensity to them. I said this because, in the majority of cases, the development of the game after some point focus on one route.

Reactions: TheKryptonian
U

User_32285

While I am certainly not beyond being a LOT snarky, I actually was trying NOT to be in that post.

"you replied on that post being mad about not being allowed" while the actual meaning of that phrase is unclear, I will assume you meant that I was mad about something. Far from it. Nor was I trying to express anger. I WAS concerned, but, as it turns out, I misunderstood what the author of that post was referring to, and reacted to that misunderstanding.

This makes two consecutive posts to me where I have been unsure of what you were trying to say. If you are a native-English speaker, please try to be more careful in your responses. If you are not, I apologize, as you undoubtedly speak my language a whole lot better than I do yours.
I don't really think you are this oblivious, but if you are, your apology is accepted :)

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
@DarthSeduction, I understand what happened with that release now.

Stay true to your vision for the game. Do NOT let anyone persuade you from that vision... in either direction. I have seen too many developers bow to the will of some Patrons with disastrous results. Their hearts aren't in it, and the developers often become disenchanted and bored. Abandonment, or a forced, quick ending, usually follows.

I know which path I intend to follow, and I think I know what my toleration limits are. [This game may test them. :eek:] Just keep putting out good material! (y)

4.00 star(s) 18 Votes