BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Unlocked

Update 2 : I've added new links which incorporate the "fixed" images.rpy. In hindsight think interpolating the animations by 4x was too much, I think going forward I will just use 2x. I tested the android version on an old tablet with 2gb of ram and it worked, however I had to revert the caching behavior to default which means there are pauses when loading and switching between different animations.
Update: I don't know if many of you are having issues with the animations but I've created a new images script that should half the amount of frames in each. This seems to make the game a bit more stable. Just drop the images.rpy file attached below in TheVisit-0.12.3-pc\game folder. For mac I really don't know but I guess it should be in the folder where scripts.rpa already exists.
Hi guys, sorry to keep you all waiting.
Here is the latest update to The Visit.
This update completes the Nikki and Karen together ending.
If you want help getting on this path I've attached the guide below
The new Interpolated animations seem to cause a bit of trouble with Ren'Py's predictive caching. If you try to skip forward too fast through the animations it causes large memory usage and possible crashes. I can only guess Ren'Py is trying to load the images to ram faster than it is removing old ones. If it becomes a major problem I'll look at reducing the animation framerate again. Otherwise if you go through at a normal pace it seems to work fine for me.
Anyway here's the links:
/
/
/
I hope you enjoy it guys, I'm gonna take a couple of days to relax my brain so I don't burn out.

Outrider

Donor
Oct 18, 2017
BaasB I already posted the separate images.rpy fix file on Saturday: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-visit-v0-12-3-stiglet.10361/post-3457674 and you posted those initial links for 0.12.3 before...

To avoid any more confusion, the only things you needed to post were the links to the fixed PC, Mac & Android versions so a mod/uploader can update the thread to v0.12.3 fix a. That way the current incest patch on LewdPatcher is compatible as well.

One difference I noticed playing the fixed version is that the speed changes in the new animations are noticeable now! And despite using less interpolation in the animations for stability reasons they still look nice and smooth - perfect balance!

Reactions: Krull

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
BaasB I already posted the separate images.rpy fix file on Saturday: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-visit-v0-12-3-stiglet.10361/post-3457674 and you posted those initial links for 0.12.3 before...

To avoid any more confusion, the only things you needed to post were the links to the fixed PC, Mac & Android versions so a mod/uploader can update the thread to v0.12.3 fix a. That way the current incest patch on LewdPatcher is compatible as well.

One difference I noticed playing the fixed version is that the speed changes in the new animations are noticeable now! And despite using less interpolation in the animations for stability reasons they still look nice and smooth - perfect balance!

Players were still looking for a fix so i posted it again, Sharing is Caring....Pirates Way

Koi_

Jul 21, 2017
Stiglet said on Patreon:

So it's because all those gorgeous new animations contain 4 times as many frames as the previous ones - 1,120 animation frames this update alone! I guess it's too much to handle if you don't have the memory...

I myself just Ctrl skipped through the entire Karen+Nikki ending whilst monitoring my memory usage and The Visit program spiked up to 2.6GB maximum by the very end and it didn't crash at all for me (my laptop has 16GB RAM) - does your PC/laptop have enough RAM to run the game + operating system + web browser etc at the same time? Maybe try restarting your system, playing with the patch (which halves the animation frames), and no other programs running?
idk if it has enough i think i have 16gb and i do have the patch but its not only crashing during the animation its crashing during regular dialog, the only thig is if i just save every now and then i dont have to restart it is just a pain reopening the game constantly.

Outrider

Donor
Oct 18, 2017
idk if it has enough i think i have 16gb and i do have the patch but its not only crashing during the animation its crashing during regular dialog, the only thig is if i just save every now and then i dont have to restart it is just a pain reopening the game constantly.
Try the new version (0.12.3 fix a): https://f95zone.to/threads/the-visit-v0-12-3-stiglet.10361/post-3467694

It should be much more stable....

If using incest patch with the new version, don't use your old one, make sure it's the new patch labeled 0.12.3fixa from

Reactions: Koi_ and Krull

digdug584

Aug 30, 2018
I attempted to install the incest patch but now it crashes the game. Is there a fix for this?
Using the PC version / win 10

Hadgar

Jun 2, 2017
The ending Karen + Nikki is just WOW! This is how to get everything you expect from a game like this and more.
The harem ending is next, but I'm much less excited because Haley will be there. Do not get me wrong, I know that this character has her own fans, the author made her a separate ending in which she is “the one and only love” for the protagonist, but let's face it - Haley will look superfluous standing next to the two Goddesses.

bonerland

Dec 28, 2017
One sort of fix I had for the scenes crashing was just power through them and when they were over, go back to the beginning of the scene. They loaded the second time around.

Bueno

Apr 26, 2017
I remember when this game was a mere demo on here. This game might not have the best story or graphics, but man has this developer DELIVERED. Lots of content on a timely schedule, plenty of scenes and multiple endings. This is the gold standard for keeping expectations.

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
I'll be posting grammar niggles as I find them.

"Tit's" should pretty much always be "Tits" unless her tit is doing something, like "Her tit's brushing my arm" or "her tit's hanging out", not to be confused with "her tits hanging out", which means both tits.

"But its not all bad" should be "But it's not all bad"

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
More grammar thingies.

"Having you're cock in my ass is so good" should be "Having your cock in my ass is so good"

"No, but you didn't noticed him" should be "No, but you didn't notice him"

"How am i gonna explain this too her." should be "How am i gonna explain this to her?"

Reactions: SP_One

playb0y44

Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Here's my compressed version.
The Visit [v0.12.3a] [Stiglet] - Original Size: 1.73 GB

Download Win,Linux (513MB)
: - -
Download Mac (498MB): - -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Protonsquid

Dec 13, 2017
Just a question, I may be just an idiot in figuring this out. So the super mod comes in 3 zip files. Do you place the unzipped files in the main directory with the exe and the unren and THEN run unren without manually unzipping the 3 super mod files? I've run Unren and the game remains the same. Nothing changes in the beginning and i get no menu or explanation that ive read about, and the incest isn't active either.

So, you start off with the UnRen tool and extract the contents - just run option 1 for that. If everything went well, you should have a bunch of files with extensions "rpy" and "rpyc" in the "game" subfolder under your main folder. If you don't have any rpy files, just run UnRen and decompile the files using option 2 (as far as I can recall, this shouldn't be needed).

Now unpack the mod zip. You should get a similar "game" subfolder inside the mod folder. This contains all the updated rpy files and additional images needed for the mod to work. Copy the "game" folder into your main game folder. It should ask you to merge the folders and then replace the files. Select yes to both - this way you'll have replaced the games unpacked code files with the ones in the mod.

Now when you run the game and start a new game, the mod should automatically kick in and walk you through the next steps. Hope this helps explain how to install the mod - reply back if something didn't work.

4.20 star(s) 196 Votes