Outrider

Donor
Oct 18, 2017
Well well well, look who got the custom render this week! :cool:

i06_Camera.jpg

Fully interactive
Hi everyone, I hope you're all still well.
Still chugging along here, progress is fine. Should be looking to start working on my next batch of animations soon.
The Dr. Williams and Officer Juru poll is now closed. I've opened it up so you guys can go check out the winners if you wish. I'll have an render of them in their outfits for next week.
A few people appreciated what I had to say about Daz/Iray's settings the past couple of weeks so I'll continue. This week will be the filtering tab, below are the settings I used for the above render.
filtering.jpg
The firefly filter is there to remove or clamp down on fireflies, these are very bright spots that sometimes occur in renders. A kind of noise, they can sometimes appear because of overly reflective surfaces or bright lights in a dark scene. Either way the firefly filter tries to put a limit of how bright a pixel can get. I'd always leave this on.
For nominal luminance I'll quote nvidia. "The nominal luminance is a hint to Iray on what is considered a “reasonable” luminance level when viewing the scene. This luminance level is used internally to tune the firefly filter and error estimate. When the nominal luminance value is set to 0, Iray Photoreal will estimate the nominal luminance value from the tonemapper settings."
So most of the time I leave it 0, but if I start having problems with fireflies I'll adjust the nominal luminance. Depending on the scene I might set it as low as 0.1 and up to 500. If it's set too low it can dull things in the scene that are supposed to be bright. You have to experiment a bit to find the right balance.
Post denoiser is Iray's AI denoise filter. I don't use it as it uses vram during the render process and if I need to denoise I'll do it in post myself. I've just made it available above to expose the settings.
Post denoiser enable - Obvious really.
Start iteration. This how many iterations/samples Iray will do before the denoising kicks in. As the denoiser is a post process if has no effect on the rendering. If you render an image for 500 iterations, the final denoised image will be the same if you started denoising at 1 iteration or 499.
Denoise alpha, I guess this is if you have transparent areas in your render.
Bloom filter. I like to use this as it adds a nice effect but I try to keep it subtle. Daz actually has some decent documentation on this.
"Bloom Filter uses three categories to create the bloom effect: Threshold, Radius, and Brightness Scale. Threshold controls how much energy hits a specific portion of an object, which will create the bloom effect. Radius controls what size radius a pixel's bloom will cover, the larger the radius the larger and more blurred the bloom effect will be. Brightness Scale controls how bright the bloom effect appears. Altering one category can significantly change the bloom effect's look."
With a handy image guide.
bloomsettings2.jpg
Pixel filter I leave as default. Not much worth tweaking here.
And that's that.
So I'm still working my way down my list of top supporters, offering them the chance for a custom render. I would say only about 1 in 3 responded so far, so check you messages guys! Though I understand if people don't wish to take part.
That wasn't the case this week though. Outrider had about 5 ideas for me.
He mainly wanted to see some "interaction" between Nikki and Karen so here's what I came up with.
com9a.jpg
com9b.jpg
com9c.jpg
com9d.jpg
com9e.jpg
com9f.jpg
I hope you all enjoy and that's all I have this week.
Thank you all as always and take care out there.

Last edited:

jstreet

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2018
I wonder if the girlfriend is going to get pregnant in the harem route or is she going to be left out like in her route?

Woooa... That's stupid.
That's why I never playing " solo route " in VN.
Harem end or nothing, it's the basic rule.
Yea I like to just play the harem routes to but I will play the other routes to see what's in the routes.

4.20 star(s) 196 Votes