7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Alright clearly this is a European dev making a story in what looks like New York, Manhattan specifically, so WHAT'S UP with them NEVER wearing socks??
What is that a LUXURY commodity in EVERYWHERE but North America or something??
Why do you think their shoes ALWAYS smell like ass?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Envoye

Iugant

Dec 10, 2022
hmmm....from those "fantasy" elements, instead of miraculous stopwatch, i would much more prefer milfs, landladies and roommates as top-notch supernatural creatures/things:HideThePain:
on more serious note, not sure if going with 4k as the only official release is a smart move, considering the gigantic game size and its (un)availability to more wide audience.
anyway, good luck with your work.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
May I suggest getting rid of them completely?
While it has some fans, most people hate time-filler freeroam sections.
I for one, often don't even try those games, let alone ever thinking of supporting them.
I dont usually post my dev diaries here simply because there's no "schedule post" feature but I've copied the below from my patreon as I think the bottom section will interest a few people here:

Dev Diary #55
Hello again!
The weeks seem to be flying by at the moment at a rapid pace... I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing?
We've been working hard on 0.3.2 and since the decision last week to stop supporting previous saves, we have fully embraced the opportunity to tidy up the code, the game flow mechanics, variable assignments...basically all of the things we COULDN'T before but can now. These changes won't have any visible impact for players but will increase the efficiency of programming and bug fixing going forwards which again should help speed up development in future releases.
We have also taken the opportunity to assess the current "stats" system (the lust / opinion points) and we have some great ideas how we can tweak this to better suit the game progression whilst still keeping things interesting...more details will follow in this particular aspect in the coming dev diaries once we have solid information.
Also, something else that will be VERY interesting to some players or prospective players...
INTERACTIVE MODE / VISUAL NOVEL MODE:
We intend to implement 2 different ways of playing the game so that you can enjoy playing in exactly the way you prefer. Players will get to choose their preferred style when starting a new game.
Interactive Mode:
Interactive mode is the same mode that previous players are familiar with. It will contain free roam, minigames (togglable) and interactive scenes.
Visual Novel Mode:
This is a brand new mode that is for the visual novel purists. It will still contain all dialogue scenes and the player can still make the same choices to affect the story. There will be NO free roam, minigames or interactive scenes...these will instead be replaced with full pre-defined dialogue driven scenes, just like the rest of the game. For example rather than the 'gym free roam scene' there will be a regular gym dialogue scene. This means the game can be played ENTIRELY as a visual novel if that's what you prefer.

Lastly as a quick progress update, we are approximately 75% through the chapter 2 rewrite. Don't forget that 0.3.2 will contain BOTH chapter 2 and 3, so it won't be ready until we finish both chapters and the code improvements and stat changes etc. As soon as we have dates in mind we will let you know.
Thanks again for reading, speak again soon!
F95 really needs to split the sandbox tag into two so people can better see what to expect of a game when spotting it on something like the Latest page here. If a game forces you into sandbox mode so there is no way to progress the game at all without using it, something like sandbox (req) would apply; if either those sections are skippable (like Stranded in Space or previously in this game) or there are dual modes (like in Rocking Robin and what is coming soon for this game), maybe sandbox (opt) or similar. Also, since something like this will have a pure VN mode and a hybrid mode, I would think the VN label should be added back as well once the change finds its way here.

I really think the staff could help devs out better in situations like these, because many will reject a game outright even if it's actually only an optional mode and not the core of the game. There aren't a lot of these games yet, but the number of those devs who have chosen sandbox only as an alternate and/or skippable part of the game is growing.

Jun 30, 2021
I really think the staff could help devs out better in situations like these, because many will reject a game outright even if it's actually only an optional mode and not the core of the game. There aren't a lot of these games yet, but the number of those devs who have chosen sandbox only as an alternate and/or skippable part of the game is growing.
Totally agree, I would suggest something like a combination tag - for games that combine different mechanics. This time in terms of gameplay is pretty interesting, it feels like the developer thought of how to diversify the usual boring passage. For example sandbox needed to pass the fork in the gym or an interesting quest with the rescue of our fellow fireman. I think it would be nice if many games had such uncomplicated gameplay chips.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Totally agree, I would suggest something like a combination tag - for games that combine different mechanics. This time in terms of gameplay is pretty interesting, it feels like the developer thought of how to diversify the usual boring passage. For example sandbox needed to pass the fork in the gym or an interesting quest with the rescue of our fellow fireman. I think it would be nice if many games had such uncomplicated gameplay chips.
Personally I'm neutral on sandboxes, as long as there's not unnecessarily excessive grinding involved. (I don't like major grind in non-sandbox either, but those games tend to be less guilty of the offense.) But clarity would be very helpful, especially for devs so those who like / don't care about sandbox or whatever can better see what's coming.

Reactions: Legend 123

drisarter

Jun 12, 2017
F95 really needs to split the sandbox tag into two so people can better see what to expect of a game when spotting it on something like the Latest page here. If a game forces you into sandbox mode so there is no way to progress the game at all without using it, something like sandbox (req) would apply; if either those sections are skippable (like Stranded in Space or previously in this game) or there are dual modes (like in Rocking Robin and what is coming soon for this game), maybe sandbox (opt) or similar. Also, since something like this will have a pure VN mode and a hybrid mode, I would think the VN label should be added back as well once the change finds its way here.

I agree with this but I also think you could make that case for lots of tags. Like (without wanting to stur the hornets nest) for example avoidable / unavoidable NTR (or netori vs netorare). And the admins might just think this is a slippery slope and/or become too confusing if you're splitting tags up like that (which I also think is a reasonable position tbh).

And FWIW I also think the grindiness of the sandbox is the bigger issue (which you touch on in subsequent post). Obviously a VN mode allows you to bypass it entirely but there are lots of games now with sandbox or 'free roam' elements that I am happy to put up with because they're not very arduous / don't involve much grinding (Summer Heat is a recent favourite of mine and it has free roam sections that TBH I could do without but because they aren't time consuming I don't really complain about them either). I actually am not sure if it's been given the 'sandbox' tag from this but there are definitely quite a few in this vein that have. And I almost think /that/ is the tag distinction I'd draw if you were to make a new tag (partly because there are a lot of games like that already) - have 'sandbox' for time consuming / stat-based / grindy 'sandboxes' and 'free roam' for more straightforward ones that are more just about clicking on characters to follow the story elements you want to. FWIW I think it's unlikely that happens either but it's how I'd personally approach it if you were to make a new tag.

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
This Time isn't a sandbox though. If anything the tag would be "Adventure Game" since it's mainly clicking on things to try and solve puzzles to progress.

Immorta

Jul 18, 2022
View attachment 2061175

Overview:
How long before it all goes up in flames?

THIS TIME is the story of a former firefighter-turned-PI, and his struggle with corruption without and within. All his life, he thought he wanted to be a hero. But when he finally got his hands on evidence that could expose the fire department's corruption, he was badly shook by the temptation to commit blackmail. Unable to trust himself, he retired...

Until the day a young woman barged into his life, begging him for help finding her missing friend. In lieu of money, she offered him a stopwatch with an incredible ability: the power to freeze time. And, along with it, the power to act without consequences.

Now, he will need to use his newfound power to help the women in his life and to unravel a conspiracy who conceal their misdeeds with fire. But as he grapples with the corruption eating away at the city, this time will he be able to resist his own descent into corruption?

----

THIS TIME is not your usual 'horny landlady' adult visual novel. It contains a gripping thriller / mystery story with optional free-roam and minigames. There are plenty of naturally occurring adult scenes with more being added with every new content release.​

Thread Updated: 2022-10-21
Release Date: 2022-10-21
Developer: ApocalypseToday - - - -
Censored: No
Version: Chapter 3.1
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Dev Note:
This developer remains active in this thread despite it featuring a pirated version of their game.
If you enjoy the game please consider subscribing to their Patreon or purchasing the game on Steam.

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN -
Mac (v0.2.7): - MEGA - -
Others:
COMPRESSED* - ANDROID*

Extras: Gallery Mod - Remove Preview Text - Multi Mod - Fan Signatures

SylvieHex thanks for the link
*This unofficial mod is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 1554156 View attachment 1554157 View attachment 1554158 View attachment 1554159 View attachment 1554160 View attachment 1554161 View attachment 1554162 View attachment 1554163
yum yum

DeFuZe

Jul 26, 2018
Just played the version from this site a bit, got me intrigued then I deleted it and got it from Steam. The renders are great, the story and the fantasy elements are interesting and the premise is captivating enough to give it a try. Hopefully the quality will remain in the future releases and wish the devs to stay healthy and finish the game because it has potential.

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
Just played the version from this site a bit, got me intrigued then I deleted it and got it from Steam. The renders are great, the story and the fantasy elements are interesting and the premise is captivating enough to give it a try. Hopefully the quality will remain in the future releases and wish the devs to stay healthy and finish the game because it has potential.
That's the plan.

I'm biased (obviously) but I playtested the alpha for the reworked chapter 2, and it looks pretty good.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DeFuZe

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Just found this game and am wondering do you have to have a harem or can you stick to 1 love interest.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This is a game of hook ups .. girls are barely enough in MC”s life for a reasonable convo,
not nearly any time for a bonding experience
and certainly nothing in the way of a relationship.
Just found this game and am wondering do you have to have a harem or can you stick to 1 love interest.
Enjoy while you can, MC is already self deprecating and thinking he is living on borrowed time,
One should go and try everything with any and all hotties.
With the story we got here,
this game might just drop a piano on MC”s head next,
not another sweet and cuddly Li.

• Haha
Reactions: FFTW

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
this is a game of hook ups .. girls are barely enough in MC”s life for a reasonable convo, not nearly any time for a bonding experience and certainly nothing in the way of a relationship.

Enjoy while you can, MC is already self deprecating and thinking he is living on borrowed time,
go try with any ald ann hotties, this game might just drop a piano on MC”s head next
not his first LI.
thanks for the reply i think i will skip this one than i prefer games that focus on relationships before sex.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
thanks for the reply i think i will skip this one than i prefer games that focus on relationships before sex.
I wouldn't get the wrong impression from what Canto posted above. It's been a while since I played, but there are at least two LIs where you get a fair amount of their inner thoughts and some relationship building so far. I think it depends on the LI, and also just b/c a relationship might start sexual (in at least one or two cases, depending on choices) doesn't mean it can't build into something more meaningful. This is definitely not a pump-pump-dump type of game or anything.

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
The plot is mostly linear with optional sexual content. So while you have to "encounter" all the LIs and they all orbit around you for story reasons, you don't have to romance anybody you don't want to.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
The plot is mostly linear with optional sexual content. So while you have to "encounter" all the LIs and they all orbit around you for story reasons, you don't have to romance anybody you don't want to.
Cool thank you for the reply

4.10 star(s) 30 Votes