Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
A big problem with pregnancy. Each dragon dream counts as one day. No matter how many days he sleeps. This forces to sleep on a one-day mode. A terribly annoying mistake on a key issue.
Never been reported before, never occurred for me, and the code looks fine.

Can you upload a save where this happens, so I can take a closer look?

Edit: If you were forced to sleep for 560 days, the pregnancy didn't take longer. You just overslept. Still: can you upload a save so I can take a look.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Can't see anything wrong with the pregnancy code myself, see the screenshots.

When I tried with pure Nov release + HF3, there was hard crash, though. So I don't actually understand how you (or others) managed to play this at all, since shops restocking ought to be crashing all games. o_O Have you been ignoring any errors? Because that can cause all sorts of bugs.

Try the attached script file, and make sure you have HF3 installed beforehand.

Edit: You may get slightly confused due to the dragon oversleeping when you've taken too many catnaps in a row. What is the date (Era Draconis) in your last picture?

Last edited:

Vodayo

Dec 5, 2017
Can't see anything wrong with the pregnancy code myself, see the screenshots.

When I tried with pure Nov release + HF3, there was hard crash, though. So I don't actually understand how you (or others) managed to play this at all, since shops restocking ought to be crashing all games. o_O Have you been ignoring any errors? Because that can cause all sorts of bugs.

Try the attached script file, and make sure you have HF3 installed beforehand.
I'll check it. I installed the game a long time ago. I haven't started it for a long time. Possible bad installation. I don't remember today. I will install again. There were some mistakes. Mainly after waking up.

WhiteAndSticky

Apr 23, 2021
Yeah, that's indeed a bug. Try the attached script file.
Have tested with the provided script file, I am now unable to interact with the girl (via the Captives screen) after recruiting her. Not sure if it's intended that one should only be allowed to interact with them if they aren't recruited, but strange. Also the four buttons to see stats and resistances when clicking on them via the Minions screen have now been replaced with gibberish.

On the bright side, the cloning/duplication bug appears to have been fixed with this script.

Note that you can lose infamy that way, but only if a girl outright mocks your inability to do anything to her, and then runs off. You get to see an appropriate picture and everything. There's a whole 'shame' category for this. :D
Interesting, something to try haha.

A common error in Ren'Py when you have duplicates of the same script. Lose the second one.
Ah, my bad - I had forgotten to create the characters subfolder when copying over my tweaked files and it created the duplicate. Much appreciated.

There was some talk of a Cult of Gobbler last year, due to the original (machine translated?) 'gobbled her up' that was all over the place. :D
The machine translation is indeed humorous and adds a nice touch of "wtf". Almost rivals someone trying to put a light-hearted spin on things.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Not sure if it's intended that one should only be allowed to interact with them if they aren't recruited
Intended. She's not a 'captive' any more. And when she's a minion, most of the interactions make no sense for a nominally free character (robbing, inviting, torturing, eating, killing) or are somewhat troublesome (sex, play - due to pregnancy, as minions can't be pregnant).

Also the four buttons to see stats and resistances when clicking on them via the Minions screen have now been replaced with gibberish.
Tried, can't reproduce. Do you have at least a screenshot or preferably a save?

Yuriski

Dec 26, 2017
I have a sort of suggestion:

After the first one (more maybe the first two), the Hommunuculi feel like an empty investment. They can't fly, the minions they give birth too can be gotten from other humans or alves and minions from Drake upwards will easily outpace them in damage. So they really are only good for siphoning stats off and that just feels like a waste.

So the idea would be to either
1. Give them a minion type unique to them
2. Give them a chance to spawn ANY minion (even if it's a very low chance)
3. Give them the ability to fly

It's just an idea, so feel free to dismiss it.

WhiteAndSticky

Apr 23, 2021
Intended. She's not a 'captive' any more. And when she's a minion, most of the interactions make no sense for a nominally free character (robbing, inviting, torturing, eating, killing) or are somewhat troublesome (sex, play - due to pregnancy, as minions can't be pregnant).
Ahh dang, okay. Hoped to have something like "battle waifus" but it does make sense that most of the other interactions don't make sense.

Tried, can't reproduce. Do you have at least a screenshot or preferably a save?
Sure, here you go. Not sure if I messed up on my end - I just copied the heros_and_parties.rpy from the provided attachment earlier and overwrote the in-game one, then fired up a new game and confirmed the gibberish is still there. Save attached is 1-1-LT1. Methinks it could be due to the gibberish at the end of the code (as shown in the red box).

As a side note I'll probably be a lot less active posting here after having played through much of the story with the help of console cheats :D and being a "good guy dragon" - well, as far as one can be anyway in this game. Seeing the end when one defeats the "space /dimensional demons" reminds me of this meme:

But I'll be happy to test and see through this bug's resolution if/when a fix's posted (or maybe it'll just be fixed in the next release/hotfix).

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
After the first one (more maybe the first two), the Hommunuculi feel like an empty investment. They can't fly, the minions they give birth too can be gotten from other humans or alves and minions from Drake upwards will easily outpace them in damage.
Well, yeah, homunculi are not meant to be too powerful. I'm usually worried that they're still too good, after seeing posts/saves of parties with a lot of them. :cry:

Also note that they're quite a bit more useful on higher difficulties, where getting good minions is a much harder process. I think the first three or so are actually better than anything else you can get on Impossible.

Give them a minion type unique to them
They're combat creatures, not breeders.

Give them a chance to spawn ANY minion (even if it's a very low chance)
Would break the "good minions come from virgins" theme.

Give them the ability to fly
They used to inherit certain properties from their visual template, and that made them entirely too good. They can swim and dig, though, unlike Drakes. And have somewhat different resistances.

I'm actually planning to move away from 'girl minions' in combat teams. Females aren't supposed to be your heavy hitters. There will actually be a 'shame' category for using female minions. :devilish:

It's just an idea, so feel free to dismiss it.
I'm not opposed to doing something with the homunculi, but none of these proposals really fits. Hmm, how about giving them immortality, i.e. they can be 'repaired' at the Coven for some gold when they die in battle? Would take quite some work to implement, though.

Hoped to have something like "battle waifus"
Well, I might recreate a direct interaction option for them and just kick anyone pregnant off the minion list. But it's not something that can be done in 10 minutes, or even an hour.

Not sure if I messed up on my end - I just copied the heros_and_parties.rpy from the provided attachment earlier
You sort of did, but it's largely F95's fault, not yours. Try saving the attachment directly, without opening it. The 'gibberish' is F95's / your browser's 'translation' of the Russian labels. :D I put the file into an archive, so middlemen (middlesoftware? :) ) can't mess with it.

As a side note I'll probably be a lot less active posting here after having played through much of the story with the help of console cheats
It's fine, I don't expect you to convert to DMM. :) But you might try the mod again in a few months, without 'cheating'. Because at least to me, beating the mod on its own terms is much more satisfying than scrolling through all possible events by using the console.

Last edited:

Yuriski

Dec 26, 2017
Well, yeah, homunculi are not meant to be too powerful. I'm usually worried that they're still too good, after seeing posts/saves of parties with a lot of them. :cry:

Also note that they're quite a bit more useful on higher difficulties, where getting good minions is a much harder process. I think the first three or so are actually better than anything else you can get on Impossible.

They're combat creatures, not breeders.

Would break the "good minions come from virgins" theme.

They used to inherit certain properties from their visual template, and that made them entirely too good. They can swim and dig, though, unlike Drakes. And have somewhat different resistances.

I'm actually planning to move away from 'girl minions' in combat teams. Females aren't supposed to be your heavy hitters. There will actually be a 'shame' category for using female minions. :devilish:

I'm not opposed to doing something with the homunculi, but none of these proposals really fits. Hmm, how about giving them immortality, i.e. they can be 'repaired' at the Coven for some gold when they die in battle? Would take quite some work to implement, though.
First and foremost, I did not play on the higher difficulties yet.

Anyway, I have a feeling I didn't get my point across.

I am not saying Homunculi are weak, they are not. What I mean is, that there is no reason to buy more then 2 (or 3) of them. By the time of the 4th one, your other minions will, most likely, have outpaced "fresh" ones or at least be as powerful/useful. That's why I meant they feel like an empty investment.

So I was trying to bring up some ideas that would make homunucli useful anyway. But I am sure you have some better ideas what you want to do with your mod.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I am not saying Homunculi are weak, they are not. What I mean is, that there is no reason to buy more then 2 (or 3) of them.
All right, maybe I indeed misunderstood you. But still, that's pretty much the same as with most other captive and minion types. No compelling reason to get 5+ Wyverns, either.

Some more points why you might want to get more than one:
  • Cultivating a 'sea' squad, since they're somewhat better than Nagas and only inferior to the ultimate minion types as swimmers.
  • Replacements in case you lost any of your purchases.
  • Reinforcements, since healing takes a while and you're probably not swimming in milk in a few years' time.
  • Aesthetics, creating a 'full dolly' squad.
But I am sure you have some better ideas what you want to do with your mod.
Not necessarily. I have ideas, sure. But I don't have all the ideas, and player feedback has pointed me to a number of features I wouldn't have thought of myself.

I suppose 'repairable' homunculi won't make them unique enough, either. How about an achievement for getting one of each 'look'?

Last edited:

WhiteAndSticky

Apr 23, 2021
Well, I might recreate a direct interaction option for them and just kick anyone pregnant off the minion list. But it's not something that can be done in 10 minutes, or even an hour.
Ah yea, no worries. That would definitely take a fair bit of time, and it's fine the way as it is too. I quite enjoyed the mini-game's "magical cum" option to give players the option of going through it without knocking them up (compared to the mating option), so if that direct interaction is ever implemented that mini-game model would probably suffice.

You sort of did, but it's largely F95's fault, not yours. Try saving the attachment directly, without opening it. The 'gibberish' is F95's / your browser's 'translation' of the Russian labels. :D I put the file into an archive, so middlemen (middlesoftware? :) ) can't mess with it.
Ah I see, makes sense. Have downloaded and tested it, confirmed that it fixes the duplication bug with no gibberish :)

It's fine, I don't expect you to convert to DMM. :) But you might try the mod again in a few months, without 'cheating'. Because at least to me, beating the mod on its own terms is much more satisfying than scrolling through all possible events by using the console.
Haha nah, I don't think it's any fault of the game. There are different gamer consumption habits - I tend to binge on a game (for its novelty/self-set objectives) and then move on to try other games or do other things in life. I had a blast going through most of what DDM had to offer and was glad I didn't have to sit through hours of pointless grind to do that, though of course that might make victory all the more sweeter for others. Am too lazy to do that, though, so even as I took the Power Fantasy route in Ravager and tend to customize games I like with the use of consoles/mods to skip the grindy parts, DDM was much the same :D

There's a high chance of me returning to games I like if they're in active development - usually to see new features that are added over time or new ways to craft a story or experience I'd like. So DDM definitely fits that bill and will be something I pop back once in a while to see what's new :)

All in all, a great game that's quite enjoyable. And a good dev that doesn't go "oh, I want you to discover all this (or these variables) for yourself, no hints or easymode because everyone should enjoy the game the way I want it to be enjoyed/the way I enjoy games" but is super helpful and fun to talk with (y). Looking forward to what comes out in the future, but even if nothing does, it was quite a ride that many other games/mods didn't offer :D

Reactions: Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
The one labeled lullaby.ogg and lada.webm
"Белая Кошка" by Мельница, which is apparently a folk rock band from Moscow. Edit: What's curious about them is that the vocalist actually seems to be Irish, despite singing in Russian. Edit2: No, she's originally a Muscovite, but married an Irishman and moved out of Russia in the early noughties.

Edit3: There's something like 14 of Мельница's tracks (including a copy of "Белая Кошка") in the 'ambient' music category, so I guess Eliont must be a fan of theirs. :D Which means the band's music is quite often playing in the game's 'overland' mode.

So DDM definitely fits that bill and will be something I pop back once in a while to see what's new
Well, I'm not sure I'll do any great changes on the story front (I do have some extra events planned, but they're not major by any measure). But who knows?

And a good dev that doesn't go "oh, I want you to discover all this (or these variables) for yourself, no hints or easymode because everyone should enjoy the game the way I want it to be enjoyed/the way I enjoy games" but is super helpful and fun to talk with
I'm also firmly convinced that my way is superiour. :p It's just that I'm not a developer, I'm a modder (and actually creating the game as it is was Eliont's doing, a much bigger effort than anything I ever did). So I realise that just as I made the mod to suit my tastes, others might want to do the same. And I hold no truck with the "I tweaked it, so now it's mine and everyone better credit me or face my wrath!" school of modding. I guess it makes me a rebel, or something? :unsure::D

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
How do I get more hatcheries?
Look here. The 'maybe' part was actually implemented, so the Frozen Hatchery can be acquired from Jötuns in either the mountains, by flying around or having some poverty and getting the 'abandoned Ice Citadel' encounter.

Both Jötuns and Efreeti are currently unreasonably rare.

I'm also not entirely sure an Impressive dragon can beat those opponents. Depends on your minions and difficulty level, I suppose.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes