Unity Training Space Station [Build 21] [GoodBadRobot]

3.90 star(s) 19 Votes

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
The first time I played that map whenever it came out I spent more than an hour running around without a guide trying to find all 3 power cables to disable the turrent defense system. Not to mention all the back and forth quests where I wasn't sure if I need to turn something in now because next objective will be in the way or I can complete all my current objectives before returning to a hub.
There is only a single Powercable in the entire Map you need to sabotage... so unless that was one of the first 10 builds you must be mistaken.
Not sure about the back and forth... sure after freeing Jeromes Friend you have to go between Trashworld, Station and Blackmarket atleast twice each... but on the map itself you can solve all Quest given without heading out. (which is only finding the Cargo nearby the settlement and finding the Public sex spot)
I usually do a new playthrough of this game whenever there's a massive update that I'd like to check out, but whenever I reach the Trashworld I dread it so much that I just employ cheats to unlock everything and see the rest of the game.
There are no landmarks you can use for orientation.
Well I'd say there are several... from the starting point to the base in the west and the few strewned cargo vessels there are several spawn points and quiet tall mountain formations or ruins/scrap of former civilisation
Also what do you mean West Base when the villager NPC claims it's to the East?
See that's exactly my point there's no way to tell which way's which.
The Village leader claims that the base with the turrets is in the West since that is the only basecamp you can "visit" currently I take that as navigation point.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Scanner has 3 upgrades. First upgrade is working. Second upgrade is not working, but can be bought. Third upgrade is not available in this version.
Somehow strange considering that Level 2 Scanner worked in the last build... I mean I am aware that the research thing changed alot and has potential to fuck stuff up... but these functions as explained are the same as the previous scanner Levels so it's abit strange that they don't work now.

That aside my biggest problem in this build was how hard combat became with strong attack being gated behind research... even dureing the tutorial I had to burn through my repair kits in order to stay alive and fighting those sentinels.

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
Somehow strange considering that Level 2 Scanner worked in the last build... I mean I am aware that the research thing changed alot and has potential to fuck stuff up... but these functions as explained are the same as the previous scanner Levels so it's abit strange that they don't work now.

That aside my biggest problem in this build was how hard combat became with strong attack being gated behind research... even dureing the tutorial I had to burn through my repair kits in order to stay alive and fighting those sentinels.
Indeed. It seems that the initial budget of research points is best spent on unlocking the blast gun and unlocking level 1 scanner. But there is no way to know it in advance.

Reactions: Evangelion-01
Jun 19, 2018

I think attacks are bugged as hell.
At the start of my playthrough I had all 3 attack types: pew-pew gun, charge blaster and some new lazer spark projectile I haven't seen in previous builds.
After my first death I respawned only with the charging blaster (now showing as my 1 key). After getting the first research upgrade, I got back the pew pew as 1 and blaster was back on 2.

RobertRick

Feb 19, 2020
I find no way of getting to Jerome's friend at the science Station. I can't defeat the drones. Not even one of them.

In total, I receive three research points before going to the Research Station. That makes for three small upgrades. I upgraded the robot's durability twice, leaving me with 700. Additionally, I upgrade the gun once to get better shooting. I then stock up on repair kits. It is not enough. The drones take for ever to kill and shoot without quarter. Maybe they got adjusted like the dogs and penis-shaped plants on the organic planet, because the red laboratory drones used to be easy kills on long distance. But none of the drones explode even after a considerable number of hits.

Any advice? How do you guys do it?

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
I find no way of getting to Jerome's friend at the science Station. I can't defeat the drones. Not even one of them.

In total, I receive three research points before going to the Research Station. That makes for three small upgrades. I upgraded the robot's durability twice, leaving me with 700. Additionally, I upgrade the gun once to get better shooting. I then stock up on repair kits. It is not enough. The drones take for ever to kill and shoot without quarter. Maybe they got adjusted like the dogs and penis-shaped plants on the organic planet, because the red laboratory drones used to be easy kills on long distance. But none of the drones explode even after a considerable number of hits.

I think drones are about as strong as they used to be. But we got seriously nerfed by losing easy access to the big gun and the shields.
I ended up fighting that drone by circling around it to dodge its beam, and shooting at it a lot. Note that you need to shoot often enough to pierce through its shield regeneration, and you need to actually hit it (which is easier said than done when you're busy circling around it).

Fortunately, you only need to fight one drone, and you only need to fight it 2 times (for 2 quests at the station) before you'll get ability to get more research points.

Reactions: RobertRick

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018

The White drones (aka Lab support drones) are easier to deal with, go either straight for the obversatory deck or right through the tunnel... you can avoid most to all of the actual guard sentries (red drones).
You can either unlock other weapon types, spend more time in defeating those singular guards or simply stomach through several repair kits (the black market sells a total of 15 on each visit)

Jun 19, 2018

Realise that the game dev has no respect for your time and just enable instakill and invulnerability cheats.
The first time I fought one of those scientists I told myself "the dev is fucking crazy".

May 13, 2018
One big thing that has been super annoying is that if I build something and im standing in the same spot, I'm stuck and have to restart to move. Even if I remove it, Im stuck as if it's there.

Also, some functions to rotate the buildings would be nice as well.
Any chance you ever figured this out? Because it still seems to be a real problem in Build 20.
Which I found out damn near immediately.

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
Realise that the game dev has no respect for your time and just enable instakill and invulnerability cheats.
The first time I fought one of those scientists I told myself "the dev is fucking crazy".
I find the fights in version 19 to be interesting enough and simple enough. Scientists are still easy to fight in version 20, it's the robots that are a problem.

Jun 19, 2018
Any chance you ever figured this out? Because it still seems to be a real problem in Build 20.
Which I found out damn near immediately.
When you say that you remove the item, have you actually placed it somewhere else, or is it just following the cursor?
I found that if I just pick it up and it's with the cursor I am still stuck, but as soon as I place the item somewhere else I am freed.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I find the fights in version 19 to be interesting enough and simple enough. Scientists are still easy to fight in version 20, it's the robots that are a problem.
It's probably a problem with game balanceing... this build introduced the EMP Gun which is especially effective against machines.
Add to this that the Blast gun is gated behind another research wall and robots being present even on the tutorial mission an mostly unavoidable makes this quiet troublesome

3.90 star(s) 19 Votes