Birrah'Lai

May 28, 2018
really? If so that's good to hear, when someone uploads the debug file ill use play and see if it really does, thanks for the heads up.
You can use a new debug file in the middle of a game tho. You need the "update donators password" command of something like that, the debug file itself explaind it.

anon1010

Jul 8, 2019
yeah as someone said just the last page it seems most just ended in unfortunate ways so I'm hoping that they actually stick by the clothing window and fully finish developing it.

Birrah'Lai

May 28, 2018
The few 3D images they have are pretty good, they should have given up on everything else and just worked with those, no point in having 5 versions of the same game.
Icarus did those, the problem is that it's very expensive to pay Icarus to make a full "Icarus window/version". But if were possible it would definitely be the best version.

Btw did Icarus did the Strateg window/version or was it another guy? :unsure:

Last edited:

otb_

Jul 7, 2019
This is likely not going to happen, you're talking about thousands if not millions of possible CG which is just way too excessive.
You wouldn't need that...
SlaveMaker 3 had a system to dynamically stretch/align images to add things like collars and clothing layered over other images. I think went mostly unusued due to the handing off development a few times, and mostly community driven content.
SuperDeepThroat has lots of dynamically scaled clothing -- sure it's not perfect, and there's a lot of clipping, but you have to consider SDT was done in Flash, and was animated. But also consider, Trap Quest didn't originally have images.
I know next to nothing about Vector images, but it seems like they'd fill the role nicely. From my little experience with Inkscape they seem resource intensive, but if you're limiting yourself to a 400x800 area and keeping intricate designs to a minimum it shouldn't be bad.

The real issue I can see is... they all require a lot of 'up front' work to get into a workable state. I'm guessing it would be about as much work as it would take Aika migrating from Inform to something more modern/with more features.

Bottom line is, yeah... I doubt it would happen

fegar1338

Oct 23, 2022
the problem is not how to make it. skyrim modding has something called bodyslide outfit studio, where you can create your own bodies and apply that to all clothing that are set up with it. i think it should be able with daz too.

the problem is that the engine (inform) is an engine for a TEXT-adventure. what we have is basicaly insane. i even fear, that sooner or later the game will be stuck in an dead end, where any updates will just take an insane amount of time or break the engine.

Reactions: BaDante

BaDante

Jan 15, 2018
the problem is not how to make it. skyrim modding has something called bodyslide outfit studio, where you can create your own bodies and apply that to all clothing that are set up with it. i think it should be able with daz too.

the problem is that the engine (inform) is an engine for a TEXT-adventure. what we have is basicaly insane. i even fear, that sooner or later the game will be stuck in an dead end, where any updates will just take an insane amount of time or break the engine.
Coming soon: TES:V Trap Quest Edition
Where someone has just added all trap quest clothes to skyrim and then used CBBE bodyslide to make image sets.

The stupid thing is, that'd probably fucking work

fegar1338

Oct 23, 2022
Coming soon: TES:V Trap Quest Edition
Where someone has just added all trap quest clothes to skyrim and then used CBBE bodyslide to make image sets.

The stupid thing is, that'd probably fucking work
there is a game "chastity Quest" which uses skyrim for pictures, and then creates a renpy game(at least i think so).

but i think you can do the same stuff with daz 3d or you could probably do the same stuff in one of the new engines (eg unreal engine or the unity engine)

Reactions: BaDante

dividead

May 1, 2017
Icarus did those, the problem is that it's very expensive to pay Icarus to make a full "Icarus window/version". But if were possible it would definitely be the best version.

Btw did Icarus did the Strateg window/version or was it another guy? :unsure:
Regardless, 3D was a better choice, if for whatever reasons those are expensive they could have done it 90% the same at a reasonable price and it would have been a lot easier to work with than drawing clothes in decent but not amazing way. If they manage to show body changes at some point it would be ok and it's their artistic choice but if they never do that I think it's missing the point.

No idea who did the Strateg window

BaDante

Jan 15, 2018
Still waiting for the kind soul that uploads unlock file<3
I'd planned to support aika, one of the few devs here to actually work on their game and not cash cow milk their audience dry like devs like *risisBeat for example, but finances are toughy for me :-(

• Haha
Reactions: FFFFFACK

Birrah'Lai

May 28, 2018
so you can update it if you play on mobile seems hard to update the file if your on pc.
would updating the file on a phone then cut pasting work? or how do you do it on a PC?
You just quoted the steps... They are the same steps on all platforms.

fegar1338

Oct 23, 2022
Does anyone know how to use the unlocker on the clothing version?
1. but the unlocker and the clothing version in the same folder.
2. open the unlocker.blorb
2b. change the number in the donators file to the new number.
3. start the game using the clothing.blorb

3.40 star(s) 25 Votes