Unity Abandoned Two Sides Redone [v0.03 Fix 2] [GreonoGames]

3.00 star(s) 18 Votes

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
There is a rumour he went to jail for creating it, considering media went after him:
https://f95zone.to/threads/two-sides-redone-v0-03-fix2-greonogames.32915/page-45#post-4317319
and Brazilian law seems to be particularly oppressive in that regard:
https://f95zone.to/threads/two-sides-redone-v0-03-fix2-greonogames.32915/page-44#post-4160069
Well I think we see why this was abandoned.
Dude literally got doxxed in his country to everyone, his family included.
I'd probably stop too if my named got smeared to everyone.

Reactions: ScarletHarlot

againsthaters

Mar 18, 2021
Since I discovered that three days ago the previously called GreonoGames released a comic/manga again... (and therefore never stopped working...)
I doubt that all this gossip about his life is true.

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
JohnEP: If you have any interesting info, don't keep it to yourself. What exactly and where got released?

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
I think that we, the users, are to blame for the abandonment of this game.
The developer tried to remake this game, but received a flurry of criticism, and simply lost his confidence
Are you serious? The criticism was well deserved, he went on for like one year withour updates and remade the game for no reason multiple times.
The users that kept paying him were the fucking victims, not the ones to blame.

Reactions: Monaco1933

Resizer

Aug 12, 2018
Are you serious? The criticism was well deserved, he went on for like one year withour updates and remade the game for no reason multiple times.
The users that kept paying him were the fucking victims, not the ones to blame.
Yes, I'm serious.
Users paid money themselves, no one forced them.
As for the money itself, this is a necessary but not sufficient condition for a developer.
Moral support is needed no less, and maybe more.

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
As for the money itself, this is a necessary but not sufficient condition for a developer.
Moral support is needed no less, and maybe more.
You're right about one thing, money isn't everything. As supporters of various games are finding out all the time, more money doesn't guarantee any results, in both quality and quantity. But the fact that enough people are willing to give developer money, even when they don't really have to, should count as very good moral support. And it should be stronger than criticism from pirates who don't pay anything.

Greono almost made it, he was very near the goal he originally set for working on the game full time. And that was even though he had a lot to improve quality wise. But you could see that he was trying, releasing updates from time to time, moving with the story, etc. There was some criticism, but it wasn't too bad.

All he needed was to continue with what he was doing, maybe improve quality control a little (it would have been enough to get someone who would test the game before releasing it to public, to avoid everyone immediatelly hitting same obvious bugs; he could easily find volunteers here, who would do it for free). If he had done that, by now he'd be rolling in money and have small army of loyal followers. Instead he decided to improve the game to death. Include every imaginable fetish, make it a technical masterpiece, because why wait with that for some future game, when you can do it with your very first one, ... too much at once, he shot his own foot with that.

But he still could have pulled through. Some Patreon supporters are suprisingly loyal. It seems that once you get certain level of support, you can go missing for a year and you'll still keep half of them. Show some signs of life, and you have all the time you need for your work. Yes, there will be criticism, but mostly from people who don't support you, so fuck them. And even among pirates you'll always find someone who will defend you.

In short, "he gave up because we weren't nice to him" is not plausible. Especially when there's the other possible explanation regarding the real life troubles. It's probably combination of that, plus being a little lost in technical things.

Resizer

Aug 12, 2018
You're right about one thing, money isn't everything. As supporters of various games are finding out all the time, more money doesn't guarantee any results, in both quality and quantity. But the fact that enough people are willing to give developer money, even when they don't really have to, should count as very good moral support. And it should be stronger than criticism from pirates who don't pay anything.

Greono almost made it, he was very near the goal he originally set for working on the game full time. And that was even though he had a lot to improve quality wise. But you could see that he was trying, releasing updates from time to time, moving with the story, etc. There was some criticism, but it wasn't too bad.

All he needed was to continue with what he was doing, maybe improve quality control a little (it would have been enough to get someone who would test the game before releasing it to public, to avoid everyone immediatelly hitting same obvious bugs; he could easily find volunteers here, who would do it for free). If he had done that, by now he'd be rolling in money and have small army of loyal followers. Instead he decided to improve the game to death. Include every imaginable fetish, make it a technical masterpiece, because why wait with that for some future game, when you can do it with your very first one, ... too much at once, he shot his own foot with that.

But he still could have pulled through. Some Patreon supporters are suprisingly loyal. It seems that once you get certain level of support, you can go missing for a year and you'll still keep half of them. Show some signs of life, and you have all the time you need for your work. Yes, there will be criticism, but mostly from people who don't support you, so fuck them. And even among pirates you'll always find someone who will defend you.

In short, "he gave up because we weren't nice to him" is not plausible. Especially when there's the other possible explanation regarding the real life troubles. It's probably combination of that, plus being a little lost in technical things.
I do not agree that the developer automatically owes something to users just because they believed in him and kept him. The developer has an idea, he tries, with varying degrees of success to the best of his strength and ability to implement this idea, and users are free to support him in this, or not, but in any case, they have no right to demand something from him, just like the developer has no right to demand anything from them. In any case, we can only learn the truth from him, and he is silent.

Spocky69

Mar 5, 2021
Hello
I have a question about the game.
Have already started from the beginning 5 times and tried different ways.
But only get to the sister and then the scene while taking a shower.
Then I have to get dressed and then it's over.
Is that normal or should it continue there?

Thanks and greetings

againsthaters

Mar 18, 2021
Hello

Thanks and greetings

This game will have been abandoned at that time unfortunately ... (due to irrational pressure from fake players)
I leave you a big hug.

Dec 31, 2018
Hello

Thanks and greetings
version 2 lets you go further

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
I do not agree that the developer automatically owes something to users just because they believed in him and kept him. The developer has an idea, he tries, with varying degrees of success to the best of his strength and ability to implement this idea, and users are free to support him in this, or not, but in any case, they have no right to demand something from him, just like the developer has no right to demand anything from them. In any case, we can only learn the truth from him, and he is silent.
It depends. If there are some promises, they should be kept. But creators usually don't promise too much. It's more like "update X days before public release" or something like that, but not necessarily whether it will be once every month, year or ever. So technically even not delivering anything may be "ok". On the other hand, expecting that there will be something is quite reasonable. I don't think that many supporters pay anyone and don't care at all if they get anything for it. It's probably best to be a little suspicious, see Patreon as tip jar for existing stuff, and bail out when you start to feel that you're not getting your money's worth. Works for me.

There are different paths, either shower and then correct end of game, or an interesting (but buggy) scene with sister on the floor, where you end up locked in endless loop.

againsthaters

Mar 18, 2021
AHahhahaha :ROFLMAO:
FFS he went on taking money for more than a year without releasing anything.. "irrational pressure from fake players" is hilarious

You know that before stopping with the world of gaming, he released part of a version of this game before this version, and also another after this one. Right? - so the money was not spent on anything.
So... Guys... Stop trying to destroy all the professionals from the gaming world, then these last 5 years or so, it's going way too far.
The more time passes, the more the world of gaming is disappearing.

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
You know that before stopping with the world of gaming, he released part of a version of this game before this version, and also another after this one.
After this one? Once again, if you know something we don't, please enlighten the rest of us. Because AFAIK there were two versions before this one, both unfinished, and this one is third and last. And greono is silent for over a year now.

And about the world of gaming, I wouldn't worry too much. Nowadays it's golden time for it, at least quantity wise, there are loads of games. Quality is another story, but I'm an optimist, it will get there eventually.

Atourq

Nov 21, 2017
After this one? Once again, if you know something we don't, please enlighten the rest of us. Because AFAIK there were two versions before this one, both unfinished, and this one is third and last. And greono is silent for over a year now.

And about the world of gaming, I wouldn't worry too much. Nowadays it's golden time for it, at least quantity wise, there are loads of games. Quality is another story, but I'm an optimist, it will get there eventually.
Says last seen April 6, 2021 on his user profile tho.

Feb 7, 2021
Someone needs to straight up buy the game off him. I'm tired of this waiting shit. It's already bad enough that games like Ecchi Sensei and Waifu Academy have delays when they have a whole fucking team that works on the project. Seriously why do creators think they can treat their supporters like this.

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
I'm tired of this waiting shit.
You mean that you still expect anything here? That would be quite optimistic. But hey, it's not completely impossible, sometimes miracles happen. If it should be the case here, I'm ready for it any time. But it seems very unlikely.

Reactions: maruta

againsthaters

Mar 18, 2021

I fear that ... - alas ... This game will no longer have any sequel ...
Then they haven't talked about this game for a very long time.
It also saddens me a bit (then the last version was excellent, short but very good), I liked this game too.

3.00 star(s) 18 Votes