4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Can't figure out why this doesn't have an abandoned tag on it yet, it amazes me :unsure:
Because the developer manages to comply with F95 rules so that the abandoned tag can be avoided. Mainly, he says it's still active, and he provides periodic updates to his Patreon page which satisfy their rules.

There is absolutely no way to prove that the developer is NOT working on a release. Theoretically this game could stay in this kind of limbo forever.

Personally, I believe we will get a release. When, is the big question.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
There is absolutely no way to prove that the developer is NOT working on a release. Theoretically this game could stay in this kind of limbo forever.
No it can't, there's now an undocumented f95 rule to avoid that: if there's no game release after 18 months it gets flagged as abandoned. I'm perplexed as to why the rules haven't been updated to reflect this.

Don't think this game is functionally abandoned based on the available evidence either. CarbonBlue has never been a fast developer:
2019-09: Unleashed [0.3]
2020-03: Unleashed [0.4]
2020-10: Unleashed [0.5v1]
2021-04: Unleashed [0.5v2]
2022-03: Unleashed [0.5v3]

Last edited:

Mrsubtle

May 8, 2018
Just gotta be patient with this one, dude probably has a live next to this game as well.
And he might want to dedicate more work and time to this for quicker/bigger updates and what not. But peoples still need bills to pay.

This game is just a slow burn.

It does take time and planning to work on projects like these. I guess the impatience can be flattering but people go rogue and become irrational about stuff like this on this site.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hello, Patrons!

I realized I never did an Angel Christmas render so here we go, this fixes that.
As for Episode 6, I apologize for the delay, as always. Whenever I get free time to work on it I am doing so - it's just been difficult to get time, especially at this holiday portion of the year.
I realize I've sucked with the length between updates and I'm not going to make any promises because they won't mean much. But I am working on a plan to lighten my personal load with being a caretaker and I'm hopeful that the new year will see me getting back to a reasonable schedule for the first time since the start of Unleashed.
I hope all of you who celebrate Christmas had an amazing one. Mine was messed up by a couple feet of snow and hurricane-force winds, but the power never went out so it wasn't so bad.
Here's hoping for a wonderful and prosperous New Year for all of you, and for the best year of Unleashed yet! Thank you all for your support!

-CarbonBlue

Curelt

Jul 8, 2017
I would be fine if he just keeps making different Shannon pics. Haloween was ultra hot, still fapping to it. The game is not about Shannon anyway so fuck the update, when it finaly arrives we will have those boring other girls for 10 minutes and then another year of waiting. DEV, JUST MAKE SHANNON PICS THATS ALL

XBrad93X

Dec 9, 2020
I would be fine if he just keeps making different Shannon pics. Haloween was ultra hot, still fapping to it. The game is not about Shannon anyway so fuck the update, when it finaly arrives we will have those boring other girls for 10 minutes and then another year of waiting. DEV, JUST MAKE SHANNON PICS THATS ALL
:FacePalm:

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hello, Patrons!

Finally getting back to where I can produce some damn content again and the renders are coming along - not full speed, but they're coming along. This week I've concentrated on some of the transitions in between scenes which are always difficult.
I also thought up a new scene while waiting on a doctor appointment and got that written up and partially posed and rendered. That'll be one of those flavor scenes that I didn't originally plan but always comes out as I'm thinking somewhere, and they tend to be my favorite scenes.
This render of Shannon is what I'm going to call a partial render. There's more to it than this, but I don't want to spoil things. This render depicts Shannon heading into the clothing boutique. I can tell you that she really doesn't want to be there, and so it's intended to portray a little awkwardness.
Hope everyone had a great first week of the new year! As always, thank you for your support!
-CarbonBlue
Hello, Patrons!
Finally getting back to where I can produce some damn content again and the renders are coming along - not full speed, but they're coming along. This week I've concentrated on some of the transitions in between scenes which are always difficult.
I also thought up a new scene while waiting on a doctor appointment and got that written up and partially posed and rendered. That'll be one of those flavor scenes that I didn't originally plan but always comes out as I'm thinking somewhere, and they tend to be my favorite scenes.
This render of Shannon is what I'm going to call a partial render. There's more to it than this, but I don't want to spoil things. This render depicts Shannon heading into the clothing boutique. I can tell you that she really doesn't want to be there, and so it's intended to portray a little awkwardness.
Hope everyone had a great first week of the new year! As always, thank you for your support!

-CarbonBlue

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
What amazes me the most is the fact he still has over 300 patrons. Not a huge number, but way too much for someone who has gone around 3 years without giving virtually ANYTHING to his supporters other than excuses and some crappy special renders. Yes, crappy special renders: the models look sexy as ever, but the ligthing is usually terrible, the pics are blurry, and more often than not he doesn't even add a real background. For example, those Halloween pics were awful but for Grim Reaper Angel.

Meanwhile, hard-working devs with completed games and even a second one out -I could name a bunch- have fewer patrons. Is it fair or reasonable? No, it isn't. I pin it down to people actually believing they're part of something special if the dev is clever and glib enough to make them think so. After all, this is that very special game with an unparalleled narrative and deepness, right? Keep lying to yourselves, because I know he will too (and he warned us he would).

John972

Apr 24, 2018
What amazes me the most is the fact he still has over 300 patrons. Not a huge number, but way too much for someone who has gone around 3 years without giving virtually ANYTHING to his supporters other than excuses and some crappy special renders. Yes, crappy special renders: the models look sexy as ever, but the ligthing is usually terrible, the pics are blurry, and more often than not he doesn't even add a real background. For example, those Halloween pics were awful but for Grim Reaper Angel.

Meanwhile, hard-working devs with completed games and even a second one out -I could name a bunch- have fewer patrons. Is it fair or reasonable? No, it isn't. I pin it down to people actually believing they're part of something special if the dev is clever and glib enough to make them think so. After all, this is that very special game with an unparalleled narrative and deepness, right? Keep lying to yourselves, because I know he will too (and he warned us he would).
Amen...

Reactions: Aristos

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Here is a little game to play during the wait for release:

2019-09: Unleashed [0.3]
2020-03: Unleashed [0.4]
2020-10: Unleashed [0.5v1]
2021-04: Unleashed [0.5v2]
2022-03: Unleashed [0.5v3]
1. Open Unleashed 0.5v3 and load a save from the end point of 0.5v2. Then carefully click through the game, counting the number of individual renders to come up with a total in-game render count for the 10-month update.

...someone who has gone around 3 years without giving virtually ANYTHING to his supporters other than excuses and some crappy special renders.
2. Next, go through this thread one page at a time from the point that 0.5v2 was released on 30 May 2021 until the date 0.5v3 was released on 30 March 2022. Make note of and count the number of special renders reproduced on the thread from Patreon, to come up with a total special render count for the 10-month update.

3. Compare the two figures...

I was a Patreon of this game for many months between 0.5v2 and 0.5v3, but fool me once...

Last edited:

XBrad93X

Dec 9, 2020

People are stupid. Deal with it.

• Sad
Reactions: Aristos

John972

Apr 24, 2018
You want people to count the number of renders in 0.5v3 despite that number being included in every changelog? Your guys' little shared tantrum is weird. Funny. But weird.
I did say it was a 'game'.

It's not a shared tantrum. There are solo developers out there that take just as long as you between updates. What they don't do is constantly over-promise, fail to deliver, and then glibly offer excuses. For example, why is an update promised in November still in development hell part way through the following January? I can't understand how it was even close to completion in November if you're still churning out renders nearly two months later.

Yes, I like and enjoy the game. I have nothing against you personally. I supported you on Patreon for many months (without seeing any promised update). However, you, as a Dev, have treated your Patreons like c**ts over the last couple of years, IMHO. OWN IT...

When I was a Patreon, I would've preferred you redirected the time you took churning out special renders into delivering on your promises for game release instead. You must admit, your behavior looks like milking (note - I'm saying it has that appearance, not accusing you).

...and, yes, life gets complicated and in the way of things (such as solo game development) - that's what GoFundMe is for.

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
It's not a shared tantrum.
Sure it is. When you guys are whining about my special renders and the lighting, for example, which is, by and large, the same 3-point lighting setup that everyone in the world uses, and you're bitching about the render to special render ratio (?) then you guys are just pissed off and looking for things to bitch at. Which is fine; ya gotta stay busy doing something while you wait, I get that. But counting renders? Don't forget to count animations, btw. Them boobies don't jiggle themselves.

There are solo developers out there that take just as long as you between updates. What they don't do is constantly over-promise, fail to deliver, and then glibly offer excuses. For example, why is an update promised in November still in development hell part way through the following January? I can't understand how it was even close to completion in November if you're still churning out renders nearly two months later.
I'm never glib. That's your projection. Updates get delayed for many reasons that all fall under 1 category - the update isn't done. What I had in November wasn't ready for release. Things have been removed and things are being added. That's the process.

When I was a Patreon, I would've preferred you redirected the time you took churning out special renders into delivering on your promises for game release instead. You must admit, your behavior looks like milking (note - I'm saying it has that appearance, not accusing you).
Special renders are not just for you. As I've said through my patreon posts many times, I use those renders in part as a thank you to my patrons, in part to test new hair or clothing or other assets, and in part to give me a break from the monotony of churning out renders.

Look, I suck at giving estimated completion dates, I get that and I am truly sorry for that. I am a slow developer and I am also truly sorry for that. I want to give everyone timely, good updates and my life has been fighting me on that front for several years. But I'm not sitting here begging anyone for Patreon support or anything. I'm one of the only developers who don't do staggered releases, putting my updates behind exorbitant paywalls for weeks. I put it up on Patreon for everyone to download at the same time, and then it goes out on Twitter (I can't release it to the public on Patreon per Patreon's rules about NSFW content).

If you want to play my VN for free, you absolutely can. If you want to give me a couple bucks on Patreon you will get some special renders for your patronage. If not, no biggie. I don't think that's an unfair proposition.

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes