desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I chose to leave the first two floor as dummy floors and filled them with stone walls to delay enemy push (it takes around 3 enemy units to destroy one stone wall and some enemy units would rather destroy buildings than rush down). This helps split up the pressure of units coming in and makes it a lot more manageable.
New players should take note of this. I'm starting to see that defending on floor 1 without taking a lot of damage to infrastructure is pretty much impossible as you get into later chapters. There are just too many enemies and not enough divisions to body block them with.

I had all my production facilities set up on floor 1 to try and get a lot of perma resource boosts, but it seems like at least the first floor should be set up to delay the oncoming waves because fighting on floor 1 just overwhelms you immediately.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
New players should take note of this. I'm starting to see that defending on floor 1 without taking a lot of damage to infrastructure is pretty much impossible as you get into later chapters. There are just too many enemies and not enough divisions to body block them with.

I had all my production facilities set up on floor 1 to try and get a lot of perma resource boosts, but it seems like at least the first floor should be set up to delay the oncoming waves because fighting on floor 1 just overwhelms you immediately.
It depends on how many squads you have and how you spread out your damage.
If you have one good tanking squad(Tank, Heal, Nulls) you can even delay and occupy multiple squads if you carefully place them where they naturally stop and engage multiple next turn.
You can also use sacrifice squads that can collect multiple at the entrance and exit and occupy with the first Tank.
Jails can serve as decoys for the destroyers that you can place near an entrance and have some confusion mechanic the more you have them I believe.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
What do you guys think about the story/scenes? You know how in Frontier and Hollow, the recruitment story for all the girls were more or less rapey? This game seems to be recruiting them by helping them out, and then getting their "consent" to make them mothers. There is still some coercion, but it seems much more tame. Well, not sure how to final training scenes will go, but looking at the guides, it seems like there is no "break" mechanic this time where the girls transform into their corrupted version.

That's a huge bummer for me. One of the most interesting aspect was corrupting them and then seeing how their units get powered up or altered for battle.

• Sad
Reactions: H.ERO

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
What do you guys think about the story/scenes? You know how in Frontier and Hollow, the recruitment story for all the girls were more or less rapey? This game seems to be recruiting them by helping them out, and then getting their "consent" to make them mothers. There is still some coercion, but it seems much more tame. Well, not sure how to final training scenes will go, but looking at the guides, it seems like there is no "break" mechanic this time where the girls transform into their corrupted version.

That's a huge bummer for me. One of the most interesting aspect was corrupting them and then seeing how their units get powered up or altered for battle.
Bro, just play the Chaos route and see for yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: Grapeboy

Veneficae

Apr 12, 2019
Anyone know whats a good free scaling program for this? Magpie doesn't work well because a lot of stuff pops up a confirmation window that automatically forces magpie to stop working properly.

Klyen2000

Nov 18, 2021
Is it just me or is the increased production by magig circle on kill = 0. I only get the bonus for battling on the field which is +2 mana but won't get the kill bonus of +20 mana, despite killing a whole squad on top of it. In the food room on the other hand it works...

The labarotory for ether increase is broken in a good way. There I get +20 ether just for having a battle in the room despite not being able to kill a squad or a single unit in it.

Am I missing anything or why is that so?

Last edited:

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Is it just me or is the increased production by magig circle on kill = 0. I only get the bonus for battling on the field which is +2 mana but won't get the kill bonus of +20 mana, despite killing a whole squad on top of it. In the food room on the other hand it works...

The labarotory for ether increase is broken in a good way. There I get +20 ether just for having a battle in the room despite not being able to kill a squad or a single unit in it.

Am I missing anything or why is that so?
You need the ++ patch which is a hotfix that fixed it.

Gorainu

Apr 24, 2021
I tried playing the previous VenusBlood games, but I never got the hang of the combat system...
Not a single game managed to explain it clearly. I guess it's naive to assume this one will be any different.
Tbf you can play and win doing whatever on normal difficulty.
The learning curve only matters if you intend to tackle the nightmare and co.

Klyen2000

Nov 18, 2021
scroll down until you see the light blue bugfix section
Thank you very much for that.
I added the patch and it worked out for me and is now producing mana +20, however the issue with the increasingly income of +20 food/mana/gold/ether is still acoounted to the total number, despite only having fought in the room and not killing any enemy/squad. Is that one still in work or did I patch it wrong? XD

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
Thank you very much for that.
I added the patch and it worked out for me and is now producing mana +20, however the issue with the increasingly income of +20 food/mana/gold/ether is still acoounted to the total number, despite only having fought in the room and not killing any enemy/squad. Is that one still in work or did I patch it wrong? XD
I think you just need to get "Victory" screen for increase. Not kill. so working as intended

Reactions: Klyen2000

BlinkA1

Jul 5, 2018

Err... I'm a Infinity Engine Games Veteran and when I tried playing the Baldur's Gate 3 Demo... I ended up hating it since its not really a Baldur's Gate game and more of a imposter using its name. I won't bother you with the details.

instead of playing this pathetic imitation, Play the Pillars Of Eternity Games or the Pathfinder Games. they're much more suitable spiritual successors to Baldur's Gate or even the Icewind Dale series.

Turn-Based really? and where's my 6 party members?! And Real-Time Pausing like the original is way better than this monstrosity made by Larian Studios.
And I also hate the Divinity Original Series of games too!

• Angry
Reactions: Sscdrake

BlinkA1

Jul 5, 2018
Just had to be a dumb troll taking offense over nothing.
If you don't want to clarify why you're so hung up on an installer, then so be it. Just don't be a dick about it.

Also, learn to read. Obviously there won't be any issue if you just install the game normally. That's not what I wrote.

Also, one reason why most things come with an installer is to be idiot proof. All you need to do is double click the exe, then click next, next, next, finish. So ... maybe it's meant for you then.

Oh... you're going using the troll labeling card huh. How pathetic, suit yourself.

I do not see the need to "clarify" my disposition to the likes of you...

Besides you even have the gall to tell me to "learn to read" hehehe sure thing whatever makes you sleep at night.

I refuse to elaborate any further! Just go settle with your crappy pre-installed games you plebeian!

• Angry
Reactions: Sscdrake

SagingCoffee

Jun 26, 2021
I really want to rant right now, but I'll just leave this as a cautionary tale because there might be some person who'll end up in the same spot as me one day.

motherfucker.jpg

I know that obtuse mechanics that don't get fully explained until it fucks you in the ass out of nowhere and you realize you've been doing things wrong the entire time is part of the whole masochistic and autistic Venus Blood experience, but still.

tl;dr these things actually affect the Ether Core (the game over if this room explodes room). And on higher difficulties and later chapters, they hit like a motherfucker for the rooms.

In the spots early game, you can probably safely ignore these things. But for this particular case, it was a NG+ late game Law route and I was playing on hard difficulty. The whole time I thought that these only affected regular rooms, so I just figured that I'll just rebuild the rooms that get destroyed. Enemies are really aggressive and tanky on higher difficulties, so you'll have your hands full just intercepting them. But then I noticed that after a few turns, I got a random game over. I thought that I reached the turn limit, but no dice, I still had many turns to spare. I reloaded a couple of older saves thinking I got a corrupted save, but upon reaching the same point, instant game over out of nowhere. I even redownloaded the entire game thinking I might've gotten a corrupt and screwy download, but still the same results.

Two hours of trial and error and frustration later, I noticed the the Ether core had a sliver of health left, this is despite no enemy having reached the Ether core room yet. And then it all clicked. All this pain in the ass could've been avoided if the game had a simple "Ether core was destroyed!" prompt when it does. Instead, it just abruptly cuts to a game over screen with no explanation.

So if you're wondering why the game randomly shoves a game over screen to your face, then you're probably oblivious to the fact that the enemy is shelling your Ether cores without you knowing.

Incombat

Apr 27, 2017
VenusBlood games always extremely lacking in tutorial ramp, though look kinda interesting.
That's why AliceSoft is always top tier

Last edited:

Zethster

Jul 3, 2018
Err... I'm a Infinity Engine Games Veteran and when I tried playing the Baldur's Gate 3 Demo... I ended up hating it since its not really a Baldur's Gate game and more of a imposter using its name. I won't bother you with the details.

instead of playing this pathetic imitation, Play the Pillars Of Eternity Games or the Pathfinder Games. they're much more suitable spiritual successors to Baldur's Gate or even the Icewind Dale series.

Turn-Based really? and where's my 6 party members?! And Real-Time Pausing like the original is way better than this monstrosity made by Larian Studios.
And I also hate the Divinity Original Series of games too!
haha, it's funny because i'm like the opposite, i never played the original baldur's gate games so i don't have any knowledge whatsoever of its predecessors, but i played the early access and liked the game a lot, to me, as a standalone game, is interesting and entertaining.
I completed both pillars of eternity games and both pathfinder games, i loved them and i also loved divinity 2.
I personally prefer turn based games in general, and it's one of the things i didn't like about PoE and pathfinder, though you can play the turn based style in pathfinder, it's not a game made to be played that way. I still liked both franchises though.
I'm now playing this game while waiting on BG3, and i like it a lot, just like I liked frontier and hollow, except for the whole birthing thing, i'm not big on fetishes, but to each their own.

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes