2.90 star(s) 13 Votes

Orlu

Dec 10, 2018
Hmm, well, I'm going to tell myself that you just haven't mentioned stuffing those knife-ears full of our rape babies because it was so obvious it didn't need mentioning. With that said, this looks set te be a seriously good game if it can build well on what has been laid down so far, so I'll be keeping an eye on it.

stauffi

Jul 23, 2017
Thanks for the detailed answer Ripe Banana Games .

It's not the RPG feel that reminds me more of Kings Bounty but currently the linearity of the battles.
As for the resource management / creature dwellings / adventure map stuff, well, that's a whole nother area of mechanics and art design to work out. As I mentioned, there were 7 programmers and probably around 35 artists that worked on the original HoMM3... lol
I fully understand that this is too much work. I hope that you include some kind of repeatable battles and farming in the future though, because if the game continues exactly like currently with battle after battle then it could become a balancing nightmare.
If you take too many casualities in a battle and with battle gold being your only income then you might have to eventually restart the whole game.
If in the future there are optional repeatable battles (like loot runs vs. the human kingdom, monster lairs, elves, amazons) then balancing is no problem. You can then make the normal story battles in a way that you can play through them without any or little need for grinding while adding difficulty settings you can chose at the start of the game which add e.g. +100%, 200%, 500% enemy strength naming hard, very hard and ultra masochistic.
Also if it fits your lore the orcs could hold gladiator-like tournaments where you fight other orc tribes or monsters or captured enemies. Orc clans from everywhere participate and the losers have to pay the price in slaves :)

Just some suggestions of course. Looking forward to future updates of the game.

Reactions: Ripe Banana Games

Goblin Slayer

Aug 4, 2017
Did you miss the Cowgirl you could snatch for the Goblins before the farm Knight Quest?

On that note... I see you are a fan of "Goblin Slayer" considering you made him an enemy and all :devilish:
Goblin Slayer Hope he didn't kill you along :p
Im not dead, just killing some goblins in the icy mountains

Goblin-Slayer-Goblins-Crown-Release-Date.jpg

They can have the cowgirl as long as the high elf archer and priestess are unharmed ;)

freereal

Nov 10, 2017
nice start will see how it will come along after a few updates.
im guessing character lvl and stats have no use for now?
items feel useless and it would be great to just drag and drop them to change them if the slot is already used by a other item.

on the side that damn knight mowed down half my troops would be great to replenish troops after sometime can't see going far without throwing massive troop counts at them.

also the game is / feels pretty memory heavy from 4,5gb at start to up to 8gb at a few points
(have a big potato [4,1Ghz x 6 with 16gb + rx590 fatboy] my old potato couldn't start the game)

BUG ? in the character menu when i tryed looking at the troop infos the maus cursor vanished and had to restart the game

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
on the side that damn knight mowed down half my troops would be great to replenish troops after sometime can't see going far without throwing massive troop counts at them.
Goblins are restocked at the war tent after every successful fetch a Girl Quest
So stock up on slingshots and cover the Farm knight/Goblin Slayer in stones

Also if the Enemy has no ranged units (only 1 battle with so far) you can defend through the first turn and wait for the second (until the enemy moved)
most enemies can be killed on the first attack and attackers have the initiative. if an enemy survives the first attack you can normally attack first in the next turn aswell so you only have to deal with 1 counter attack at most

Last edited:

look_skywalker

Oct 13, 2019
Played through the game for the first time and quite liked it. HoMM-style turn-based combat is good and the Goblin Slayer reference is a nice touch.
I have several thoughts on improvement:
The cursor in battle is a bit clumsy. Sometimes it's hard or even impossible to find a position for the cursor to attack from the direction you want.
Replay gallery for the scenes would be nice as the game grows bigger. Or any other way to revisit our exploits with captured girls like the farmer's daughter, the cowgirl etc.
I'd also suggest faster animation speed in battle, but I think that's already been suggested, just like the save function.

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
Great start, but reading this forum - IMHO you should pick your planned fetishes quickly. Or you're risking running in classic H-games trap about opposite fetishes (M-dom / F-dom, "Vanila" / Futa / Beast, and so on). There is quite few games from professional japan developers that were able to include a scene or two with opposite fetish and it looked good, but IMHO nobody was ever successful into keeping them on equal pace.

Especially if you're looking for supporters. Dunno about rest peoples here but I will never pay anything to dev that still unsure what fetish content his game will have. As it's mean he don't plans for whole storyline so chances for him to finish game are low.

And whole mention of femdom while you ARE orc warlord hero on a conquest spree is ... whaaat? o_O How you will be able fit it into story?!

P.S. I'm not against such content. It's just feel stupid when involving mighty and brute hero.

stauffi

Jul 23, 2017
And whole mention of femdom while you ARE orc warlord hero on a conquest spree is ... whaaat? o_O How you will be able fit it into story?!

P.S. I'm not against such content. It's just feel stupid when involving mighty and brute hero.
That's easy imagineable as optional content with the allies. There is already the starting scene with the female orc, she might make a good domina. And then there is the dungeon faction from HoMM, the dark elves.
You can keep the player the choice, route one could be a love story between the dominate orc player and a dominant female orc/dark elf ally, they both enjoy together torturing enemies and fall in love each other eventually. Route two could be that the player submits, and route 3 that he wants to include the female ally as slave in his harem in the long run too.

Reactions: Grinch008

saint751

Dec 25, 2017
Just gonna throw my two cents down too.
- First up: I love the concept. It's kinky in a lot of dark ways, but doesn't get too edgy so far.
- Most of the scene descriptions are also hot. Even the ones that have no screens are kinda fun. Like the one where you release a girl into the wild, but not before tying her hands behind her back and getting her drunk and disoriented. There's a nice sense of being a bastard in this game, but a fun loving one.
- The core gameplay loop is simple yet motivating.
- Orcs are just cool.

This game has loads of potential, but there's a few things I'd want to see fixed, provided this is just the proof of concept...
- The text box and all the user interface elements are ugly. Maybe it isn't high on the list of priorities, but since you'll be staring that them for an entire game, maybe try to make them look a little nicer. Hell, it doesn't have to be much work. Simplification is often very pleasing.
- I also don't like how the textbox tends to obscure most of the sex scenes. Maybe center the action more. I know you can hide the hud, but that shouldn't happen that often.
- Please stick with one perspective for the hexfeld fights. That stuff is fucking with my brain.
- The map isn't that great because I'd prefer it to be moddled in 3D so it doesn't clash with the other stuff. But that's more of my individual taste.

In any case this is a really strong start. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Ripe Banana Games

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
Great start, but reading this forum - IMHO you should pick your planned fetishes quickly. Or you're risking running in classic H-games trap about opposite fetishes (M-dom / F-dom, "Vanila" / Futa / Beast, and so on). There is quite few games from professional japan developers that were able to include a scene or two with opposite fetish and it looked good, but IMHO nobody was ever successful into keeping them on equal pace.

Especially if you're looking for supporters. Dunno about rest peoples here but I will never pay anything to dev that still unsure what fetish content his game will have. As it's mean he don't plans for whole storyline so chances for him to finish game are low.

I would say that the game is primarily BDSM focused as I mentioned and you can probably see while playing it. I only meant that I was open to adding some scenes for other fetishes if people want them. I think having some flexibility and variety is not a bad thing. As for the femdom, I have some ideas in mind for this, but to clarify, I don't anticipate the MC getting dominated in this game or probably even an Orc. I won't spoiler it, but basically I have a fun sequence of scenes in mind that would involve some femdom with some side-characters.

Reactions: Gamesstar

Ripe Banana Games

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
Is there a way to remove a unit from your army?
Yes, if you go to the character screen you can click on a unit then click on the skull in the top left, you will get a prompt if you want to destroy the unit stack. You can also split unit stacks by clicking on a unit, then holding shift while clicking on an empty slot or a slot that has the same type of unit.

RaduStefan

Aug 9, 2017
I set the graphics on very low and yet my laptop overheats on this game. 85% RAM used. 98% GPU used. 88% CPU used. Temperature rises by 20 degrees. Is there a way I can make this game consume less resources?
Or can I access the photo gallery of this game without playing it?
Untitled.png

Last edited:

Ripe Banana Games

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
I set the graphics on very low and yet my laptop overheats on this game. 85% RAM used. 98% GPU used. 88% CPU used. Temperature rises by 20 degrees. Is there a way I can make this game consume less resources?
Or can I access the photo gallery of this game without playing it?
It seems a little counter intuitive, but the game seems to take far fewer resources on Ultra than on lower qualities:

Ultra:

1581744360415.png

Lowest quality:

1581744391150.png

The RAM usage is about the same in both cases and is pretty low. But, lowest quality setting caused a big GPU spike for me. The vast majority of the game's memory use is just textures, so, I suspect there's something in the way that Unity represents the textures in lower quality that causes it to be much less efficient. (At least as far as this game is concerned).

I would suggest to try the game on Ultra instead as that seems to have the most efficient GPU usage.

Reactions: RaduStefan

RaduStefan

Aug 9, 2017
It seems a little counter intuitive, but the game seems to take far fewer resources on Ultra than on lower qualities:

Ultra:

View attachment 553086

Lowest quality:

View attachment 553087

The RAM usage is about the same in both cases and is pretty low. But, lowest quality setting caused a big GPU spike for me. The vast majority of the game's memory use is just textures, so, I suspect there's something in the way that Unity represents the textures in lower quality that causes it to be much less efficient. (At least as far as this game is concerned).

I would suggest to try the game on Ultra instead as that seems to have the most efficient GPU usage.
Thank you, it worked. But I have another important question, how do I pass the wolves after exiting the city gates? There is no food in the markets to buy to give them so they can go away. I only find attack option and my fighters die every time.

Ripe Banana Games

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
Thank you, it worked. But I have another important question, how do I pass the wolves after exiting the city gates? There is no food in the markets to buy to give them so they can go away. I only find attack option and my fighters die every time.
If you have 1,000 gold on you, you can just select the dialogue option and that should work. Otherwise, make sure you grab as many troops as you can, check the campfire and the kobold cave as well.

Reactions: RaduStefan
2.90 star(s) 13 Votes