canyouread

Dec 15, 2017
Completely unrelated to the game, but my setup has an SSD and a hard drive. My download location is on my SSD and my vault is on my HDD. Thing is, the games are always downloaded as a zip.

So would anyone know whether it's faster to move the zip file to the HDD and unpack it there, or extract it in the SSD and then move the big file over to the HDD?

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Completely unrelated to the game, but my setup has an SSD and a hard drive. My download location is on my SSD and my vault is on my HDD. Thing is, the games are always downloaded as a zip.

So would anyone know whether it's faster to move the zip file to the HDD and unpack it there, or extract it in the SSD and then move the big file over to the HDD?
To the best of my knowledge, large, singular files tend to transfer across drives faster than lots of small files. So I'd move the zip file over to the HDD and then extract it there. I'm not familiar enough with SSD's to say whether the superior performance of an SSD would make it faster to extract it to the SSD and then transfer it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: canyouread
3.80 star(s) 174 Votes