Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
Its me or its all the same ''girl'' fordifferent character
Yes, they share the same base body. The art is made primarily with photoshop, so it would take me forever to add new expressions and poses for each individual character without reusing them. Why I chose this route? Because honestly it looks way better than the generic stuff that I can come up with Daz or HS. It's just a hobby while I learn to code and create an actual game and I won't stress about it. That said, I can replace the sprites later if I change my mind.

Reactions: DrFree and Pogo123

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
The game seems to be nice. Any walkthough?
Thank you Barro, there's no walkthrough as of today. My intention is to always make the game intuitive enough to the point where no walkthrough is actually needed. The grind is under control and there is a simple ingame tutorial during the first combat scene.

Reactions: Paapi

Aug 17, 2019
Unofficial Android Port for v0.1.2 Compressed :

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports now have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
As I said earlier, your game looks great and I like the concept. But there's just TOO much grind. I spent more a month game time before I FINALLY got a unicorn hair, then after I got a potion and sold it EVERY time the instant I set foot in the Dark Woods (LITERALLY the first screen I entered it) Polina showed up and robbed me of all my $$. This happened multiple times. How am I supposed to pay Elena if I don't have a chance to get through with any $$?

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
As I said earlier, your game looks great and I like the concept. But there's just TOO much grind. I spent more a month game time before I FINALLY got a unicorn hair, then after I got a potion and sold it EVERY time the instant I set foot in the Dark Woods (LITERALLY the first screen I entered it) Polina showed up and robbed me of all my $$. This happened multiple times. How am I supposed to pay Elena if I don't have a chance to get through with any $$?
if u have any problems with that just use saveeditonline.com is your friend :)

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The game definitely is a grinding one, although it's not nearly as bad as a lot of titles on here (*cough*Foot of the Mountains*cough*). I'm not sure what else you previously posted or what responses you may have gotten, but hopefully this will help a little:
  • You have to explore in the evening to find a unicorn. Always choose to Stand Still and you'll sometimes have the unicorn drop a hair; Carefully Approach is much less likely.
  • Unless I'm forgetting something (and I might be), how you fare against Polina depends on two things: your energy and your health. Keep your energy high (IIRC, generally 70+ is good enough), or when you encounter her you'll do almost no damage. Conversely, she'll do a lot of damage to you if your energy is low as well. When either your health or your energy drops too low, you're pretty much guaranteed to lose the fight.

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
Yes, they share the same base body. The art is made primarily with photoshop, so it would take me forever to add new expressions and poses for each individual character without reusing them. Why I chose this route? Because honestly it looks way better than the generic stuff that I can come up with Daz or HS. It's just a hobby while I learn to code and create an actual game and I won't stress about it. That said, I can replace the sprites later if I change my mind.
I'm not complaining! :love::love::love:(y)

Reactions: Faerie Dust

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
The game definitely is a grinding one, although it's not nearly as bad as a lot of titles on here (*cough*Foot of the Mountains*cough*).
Hallelujah Brother! Preach the Word! (I HATE FOTM!! :p)

update: I did get around the Polina-Robs-Me-The-First-Step-I-Take-Into-the-Woods problem. She still shows up the moment I enter the woods, but I have a Gold Coin that she takes instead of all of my Silver. She doesn't show up the first screen on the return trip, so I've taken to carrying a LOT of Silver and run through the Woods just to teak her off.

How can I fight Polina if I don't have any sort of weapon? Or do I just pick up a handy stick at 1/10 HP of Damage/Round? ("You better not bother me, Bitch! I've got a stick!")

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
Thanks for your feedback. CookieMonster666 did a pretty good job explaining the mechanics. I just want to add that unicorns appear quite frequently at any time of day in Fairywood, from 20% during afternoon to 30% in the evening. You can approach them if you have high knowledge.

Polina has a 10-15% chance to appear in the Dark Woods. She doesn't show up more than once per day. I didn't want to make it too easy but once you figure out how things work it shouldn't be difficult. You just fight with a standard axe that you already have. I want to add more weapons and a more interesting combat, but I didn't had time to add content lately.

I've been having a tough time with sick family member, and money is kinda tight so I need to work on my regular job more than usual. I even told my few patrons to pause their subscription because I feel bad receiving money when I can't provide updates.

Though just reading your comments make we want to get back to it. Hopefully things will improve soon and I can return at full steam and finally add more scenes. Just in case anyone was wondering why I haven't been posting or updating the game lately.

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
Thanks for your feedback. CookieMonster666 did a pretty good job explaining the mechanics. I just want to add that unicorns appear quite frequently at any time of day in Fairywood, from 20% during afternoon to 30% in the evening. You can approach them if you have high knowledge.

Polina has a 10-15% chance to appear in the Dark Woods. She doesn't show up more than once per day. I didn't want to make it too easy but once you figure out how things work it shouldn't be difficult. You just fight with a standard axe that you already have. I want to add more weapons and a more interesting combat, but I didn't had time to add content lately.

I've been having a tough time with sick family member, and money is kinda tight so I need to work on my regular job more than usual. I even told my few patrons to pause their subscription because I feel bad receiving money when I can't provide updates.

Though just reading your comments make we want to get back to it. Hopefully things will improve soon and I can return at full steam and finally add more scenes. Just in case anyone was wondering why I haven't been posting or updating the game lately.
Thanks for your response. I hope your family is better (& the illness has nothing to do with the pandemic).

In answer:
- The unicorn took ages to show up at all. I did realize that the frequency was better at the Fairywood, but even when it did appear, it took FOREVER to get a hair. (I have 3 Knowledge.)
- Even if Polina shows up only once a day, it's no help if that once is the MOMENT I enter the woods. (LITERALLY the first screen EVERY time. If I entered at Night, I have to camp there overnight and she showed up the first thing in morning. And I want to stress it wasn't just once or twice, but EVERY time and I tried a dozen times or more. That certainly didn't seem to be 10-15% chance. It was like she was stalking me!)
- As for fighting, I did choose Knowledge and Charm, so I get killed immediately. (I did miss the axe in my inventory. I was assuming that I was using it automatically, rather than having to select it. I guess that I'm getting killed because I'm fighting her bare-handed.)

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
Thanks a lot for your detailed input. It's no fun if Polina is always showing up as soon as you enter the Woods, it's definitely not supposed to be this way. Maybe you've been really, really unlucky with the RNG or there's an error in the code. Either way, I will take a good look into all these issues and do some more testing to ensure the next version is well balanced.

Reactions: hentai charley

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
Any information about expected release date of next update ?? (Asking because of curiosity)

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
Any information about expected release date of next update ?? (Asking because of curiosity)
Hi Paapi, thanks for your interest.

I think it's better if I open up and talk to you guys about what is actually going on. So my mom passed away last week. It was quite a shock for us. Now I'm dealing with the painful bureaucracy and I will move in with my dad to help him out for a while. Adding my regular job to this, I just can't work at the same pace as before.

That doesn't mean the project is abandoned, quite the opposite. I'm more motivated than ever to build Wonderland Witches for the long term. I did manage to improve quite a few things since the last update. I designed a new character, found great music for other areas, licensed a lot of new backgrounds, succesfully tested a few poses, and fixed some of the issues players pointed out.

I'm particularly excited about the new UI, it looks so much better and professional. There's now tooltips and I added a tab where there is more information about each character. Still needs some work but I like where this is going. I could release what I have now, but it's pointless without enough content. I want it to be a big update, basically a brand new relaunch since the project didn't get much traction at first because of the lack of H scenes. I got a lot of feedback from you guys and it's great to work without pressure of having patreons for now.

In summary it's a shitty time and I had to drop all my plans for the short term. But life goes on and being conservative my hope is that in 3-4 months I can go back at full steam and launch the new update with double the amount of content. If I can release sooner, great but I'd rather surprise you than disappoint you with more delays. Let me know if you guys are interested in some previews from time to time.

2.50 star(s) 4 Votes