Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
Any hint if the witch will have a special pumpkin carving?
You know how in WoW the background is decorated during festivities? I would definitely like to do something like that with Halloween and Christmas time in the tavern, witch house, market square and so on. Maybe even a toggle option in the settings. But I can't promess anything since it's going to be a very tough deadline and some things will have to be included at a later time.

Rpgfan6622

Aug 23, 2017
You know how in WoW the background is decorated during festivities? I would definitely like to do something like that with Halloween and Christmas time in the tavern, witch house, market square and so on. Maybe even a toggle option in the settings. But I can't promess anything since it's going to be a very tough deadline and some things will have to be included at a later time.
This is one ambitious idea, than a simple craved pumpkin at the witches house. Considering your real life issues, it would be nice to get one of them done. However, game content and your other things should take precedence over a holiday background.

Reactions: Faerie Dust

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
This is one ambitious idea, than a simple craved pumpkin at the witches house. Considering your real life issues, it would be nice to get one of them done. However, game content and your other things should take precedence over a holiday background.
All it takes is displaying a layer on top of the background when the holiday is toggled in the settings. With the right assets, it could be done in a couple hours for the indoor scenes. Thanks for your idea, it would be a neat little feature for the Christmas update. Regardless, the witch will always have pumpkin carvings on her garden as it is currently.

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
Important Development Update

I was going to post about this on my patreon page, but got temporarily locked out of my patreon email account (great). Anyway, while the coding part was going pretty well, I started pulling my hairs out when it came to the art. I realised the photoshop way is unsustainable - it would take me 4 days to get 1 new pose that looked ok, but not the best. Some people warned me about it, but I was stubborn. I came close to burning out, so stopped for a couple days to think what I could do instead. I decided to try HS2 to see what I could make there. After playing around with the character creator, I was sold.

Here's a preview I slapped together in 5 minutes today:

new ww.png

The solution was clear - upgrade all character images to HS2. It actually hurts, since I literally spent months working on the old characters, but not all was lost. Most of the coding and pretty much all of the other art (map, backgrounds, icons, improved UI) will remain the same, so there won't be too much time lost in the end.

After I finish all the characters in HS2, not only will the art be of way higher quality, but also significantly faster (like 50x faster) to produce. And of course, I will be able to do scenes much more freely than before. I will keep the spirit of the game using only sprites and not rendering 3D backgrounds.

All this considered, I have to withhold the Halloween update. It sucks but I can't afford to waste any more time completing this release when some things will have to be changed anyway (making a centaur will be difficult in HS2). As a bonus, here's what I had planned for the centaur and the mermaid.

screenshot0002.png 0m.png

These won't be used now but maybe I can photoshop the HS2 upper body with the animal part later.

When will the upgraded version be released?
It will take some time to smooth out the characters. How long I do not know, but I'm working as fast as I can. Trust me, I'm even running low on money so I actually have to make this work lol but quality is always my first priority, and the important thing is to always be learning and improving. That's all for now, wish me luck in making some good ass looking characters.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Important Development Update

I was going to post about this on my patreon page, but got temporarily locked out of my patreon email account (great). Anyway, while the coding part was going pretty well, I started pulling my hairs out when it came to the art. I realised the photoshop way is unsustainable - it would take me 4 days to get 1 new pose that looked ok, but not the best. Some people warned me about it, but I was stubborn. I came close to burning out, so stopped for a couple days to think what I could do instead. I decided to try HS2 to see what I could make there. After playing around with the character creator, I was sold.

Here's a preview I slapped together in 5 minutes today:

View attachment 865056

The solution was clear - upgrade all character images to HS2. It actually hurts, since I literally spent months working on the old characters, but not all was lost. Most of the coding and pretty much all of the other art (map, backgrounds, icons, improved UI) will remain the same, so there won't be too much time lost in the end.

After I finish all the characters in HS2, not only will the art be of way higher quality, but also significantly faster (like 50x faster) to produce. And of course, I will be able to do scenes much more freely than before. I will keep the spirit of the game using only sprites and not rendering 3D backgrounds.

All this considered, I have to withhold the Halloween update. It sucks but I can't afford to waste any more time completing this release when some things will have to be changed anyway (making a centaur will be difficult in HS2). As a bonus, here's what I had planned for the centaur and the mermaid.

View attachment 865073 View attachment 865074

These won't be used now but maybe I can photoshop the HS2 upper body with the animal part later.

When will the upgraded version be released?
It will take some time to smooth out the characters. How long I do not know, but I'm working as fast as I can. Trust me, I'm even running low on money so I actually have to make this work lol but quality is always my first priority, and the important thing is to always be learning and improving. That's all for now, wish me luck in making some good ass looking characters.
Good luck! No one can claim you don't work very hard. I'm confident it will pay off in the long run. :)

Bse

Aug 1, 2019
Stay clam. And when do Witches celebrate Christen days like Chrismas? Halloween was Walpurgis night when a meeting was on Mounten with all other Witches , art of Magical Point were gaver and have one Celebration. IN germany you Find then on a Mounten (me and names sorry) Bunksberg or so, really Popularie to some. Or was ist a other day. ? sorry. Had to many in Mind to rember all. But dont burn out. OK?

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
Stay clam. And when do Witches celebrate Christen days like Chrismas? Halloween was Walpurgis night when a meeting was on Mounten with all other Witches , art of Magical Point were gaver and have one Celebration. IN germany you Find then on a Mounten (me and names sorry) Bunksberg or so, really Popularie to some. Or was ist a other day. ? sorry. Had to many in Mind to rember all. But dont burn out. OK?
That's a good point, it definitely shouldn't be called Christmas ingame. Though if I'm not mistaken the pagans did have winter celebrations (longest night of the year) which were later christianized to became our Christmas. It's still fantasy so I can take creative liberties of course, but anyway it's really not the priority right now and there won't be anything like that in the first updates with the new art.

Don't worry, I'm not neglecting my real life and trying to keep a good balance. By the way, I have good news. I finished designing the 6 female characters, which should be fairly recognisable for those who already played the game. Now I just need to finish the MC and then I can start making poses for each character. Still locked out of my Patreon account but that should be resolved soon.

Bse

Aug 1, 2019
That's a good point, it definitely shouldn't be called Christmas ingame. Though if I'm not mistaken the pagans did have winter celebrations (longest night of the year) which were later christianized to became our Christmas. It's still fantasy so I can take creative liberties of course, but anyway it's really not the priority right now and there won't be anything like that in the first updates with the new art.

Don't worry, I'm not neglecting my real life and trying to keep a good balance. By the way, I have good news. I finished designing the 6 female characters, which should be fairly recognisable for those who already played the game. Now I just need to finish the MC and then I can start making poses for each character. Still locked out of my Patreon account but that should be resolved soon.
Great to read. Hope it go as you want with Patreon acc. Strange or? For Witches there are so many tales like ther put on the (how you call it brow?) a past and with it ... mhh so many you can read in old folks . Nyphm of the wood and so . Or the Druids from Keltik before the Impire goes UK and so on you have a lot you can use. Yes Sommer Day and winter days the longes and the shortes Day a year. And Hope you keeep the Balnce it is importend to not Burn out. I have see many how burn out and , it not nice to help and get them on feet again. My big sis i mange some how 2 or 3 time´s she is not burn out , but this is wotk. So hope you keep it! Stay well

DracZ

Feb 28, 2020
Wow, didn't expect to see anything moving on this again so fast.

Tyvm man, I thoroughly enjoyed it so far, just . . take care, use this to channel some passion and distraction in, but try not to overdo it and burn out ok :) (speaking as someone who went through a burn- and bore-out myself).

Oh btw pagan societies indeed ofte celebrated the winter and summer solstice (and the equinox'es) . It being the day when thedaytime/daylight starts to lenghten again, it symbolised rebirth, that howcome christianity found very handy to "rebrand" it as Christ his birth-day.

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
Wow, didn't expect to see anything moving on this again so fast.

Tyvm man, I thoroughly enjoyed it so far, just . . take care, use this to channel some passion and distraction in, but try not to overdo it and burn out ok :) (speaking as someone who went through a burn- and bore-out myself).

Oh btw pagan societies indeed ofte celebrated the winter and summer solstice (and the equinox'es) . It being the day when thedaytime/daylight starts to lenghten again, it symbolised rebirth, that howcome christianity found very handy to "rebrand" it as Christ his birth-day.
Thank you so much for your kind comment, it's really motivating when people like my game. About the development progress, things are moving pretty quickly, a few more weeks and the initial release with the new images will be live.

Reactions: Henry73au

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
Reposted from Patreon, the page was updated with the new art.

Changelog 0.2.0

- Complete UI overhaul including the map

- All character images replaced with new, better art

- Blinking animations

- Voiced greetings

- Prologue scene with the witch reworked

- New lactating scene with the innkeeper

- 1 character introduction

- 3 new world zones

- 5 dream images

- You can have a walk with the witch in the dark woods

- The Citadel has been expanded

- The Inn now features your room

- Rain was redone in higher quality and static to be less intrusive

- Unlocked gallery added to the main menu (SPOILERS)

- New character tab with quests (not fully implemented)

- Balance patch

- Minor fixes & additions

Balance changes:

- Reduced the amount of herbs required to make a tea from 4 to 3

- The game won't end when your health gets to 0, instead you will lose all your coins

- You can find roses when searching for potion ingredients

- Now you can buy a book from the trader to increase your knowledge

- The witch can brew love potions, but you can't use them yet

More information for 0.2.0 directly on this post:

Ikarius

Compressor
Nov 13, 2017
Wonderland Witches [v0.2.0] [Faerie Dust] - Compressed

Original PC Size: 620.80 MB
Original MAC Size: 603.43 MB

Compressed PC Size: 77.5 MB
Compressed MAC Size: 60.5 MB

This compression is unofficial and may break the game.

Pitey

Oct 7, 2017
Is it me or all the girls look the same ? Is it only one female ? You said "girls" :(

mario1994

Nov 3, 2017
Hello everyone, this is a dream project. As such, development will continue even with zero financial support. That said, your help is greatly appreciated, even if it's just leaving a comment or review! I've spent 10 months building this demo (mostly learning how to code in Ren'Py). There is a prologue and an initial section of the open world - it should give you a good idea of what the game will be like. Now that the foundation is done, development time should be more efficient going forward. Thank you for your interest and I'd love to hear your feedback.
First thing that strikes Us even without playing is that all of the Heroines have the same face. Are they sisters? Clones? Variation would be most recommended. In which case you would hit all kinds of kinks and preferences.

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
Beautiful set of girls, so-so gameplay.
Thanks. As for the gameplay, it's my very first shot without any prior experience with coding or game development. I see it as a learning experience. For the next game (if I ever make another one), I will definitely plan out the whole thing before starting.

First thing that strikes Us even without playing is that all of the Heroines have the same face. Are they sisters? Clones? Variation would be most recommended. In which case you would hit all kinds of kinks and preferences.
They are not actually the same, but originate from the same "prototype" for consistency. From there I made individual changes to the nose, cheeks, jaw, eyebrows etc and especially boobs and ass. Maybe the changes were too subtle, but if I made massive variations it would just make them less attractive since I chose the best available options. Getting out of my way to make them look worse didn't seem very appealing at the time, but I also understand people like variation.

Last edited:

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
question will this game have pregnancy? or corruption or breast expansion? :D the only complain i have so far is the female chars having the same face, but oh well story wise :D
If that's your only complain, that makes me very happy. I don't really have plans on adding these tags, but I would consider pregnancy by the end of the game (nowhere near).

Last edited:
2.50 star(s) 4 Votes