Rpgfan6622

Aug 23, 2017
The balance for the game is an ongoing process, no need to worry about the 50 gold coins right now. I want it to be just enough money so that you can buy bread, sometimes sleep at the inn and afford some items. The 90 day in the prologue will be changed, since the days can go by quite fast. Thank you for the feedback.
I understand this is a WIP and things will change in future releases. The 50 gold debt is the main problem which makes a person wonder, how long was the mother courted? what purpose did she use that money? or is the MC paying back the landlords courting fees? The later seems the most feasible answer.

The main purpose for this post was to suggest a couple map areas.
The first one is a area control by Polina where items like crow feathers and witch herbs are abundant. The idea is to raise her affection at the Dark forest, then paying a daily toll at her area to collect items.
The next area is a magical lake. Where faerie dust and unicorn hair are abundant. This area is controlled by a mermaid. On land she has legs.
For the witches hut, the option to buy large pumpkins for the elf at the Inn(forgot her name). At some point when her affection is real high(above 80) she will cut her fees. The idea is she will be making more money selling you large pumpkins than getting money from making your potions.
The dark forest. Once the other areas are added this become an area abundant with mushrooms and witch herbs. Occasionally an item like faerie dust or unicorn hair.

Hoping your game does well.

AlberakQ

Jul 15, 2019
Can anyone tell me how to get to the magic lake?
I have tried all the options, with no results.
Thank you! :)

Reactions: Oboe

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
The main purpose for this post was to suggest a couple map areas.
The first one is a area control by Polina where items like crow feathers and witch herbs are abundant. The idea is to raise her affection at the Dark forest, then paying a daily toll at her area to collect items.
The next area is a magical lake. Where faerie dust and unicorn hair are abundant.

The dark forest. Once the other areas are added this become an area abundant with mushrooms and witch herbs. Occasionally an item like faerie dust or unicorn hair.

Hoping your game does well.
I like your idea that you still have to pay Polina a toll after affection is raised, instead of her just letting you roam around without any problem. Great minds think alike lol - the magical area will be called Fairywood and will be available on 0.1.2. Fairy dust and unicorns will be found there (and fairies).

For this version I packed everything in the Dark Woods, but as new areas are added the resources will be spread out accordingly. The mermaid will have her own mermaid lake/sea. Other areas already planned are a swamp, cave and others but I don't want to reveal too much just yet.

Characters will not be restricted to their own location and will move around as well.

Can anyone tell me how to get to the magic lake?
I have tried all the options, with no results.
Thank you! :)
There is no magic lake in 0.1.1 - the comment above just had some interesting suggestions on the new areas that will be implemented.

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
Development Update

After some nice 0.1.1 feedback, I implemented your most requested ideas on the code:

- Character's affection won't be reduced when you meet them on that day
- Dialogue choices already selected won't be shown repeatedly when it doesn't make sense
- Polina will ask for a daily toll after you raise her affection
- New optional difficulty mode called Fairy Tale (easier time fighting and staying healthy)

Some players kept dying and found the game to be too hard.
A revamp of the combat system will be done in time, but there are higher priorities to be addressed first.

0.1.2 should come mid-March along with more content.
If you have more feedback or suggestions to improve the gameplay, feel free to share them here.

Faerie Dust

Last edited:

Oboe

Nov 17, 2019
This is a pretty game and I'm hoping it gets better. I agree with darkhound1 on the code issues. I write just enough Python to know what he's getting at. You want to use classes when you can (esp for your characters), and lose the loose variables. Unlike Perl, Python doesn't have a lexical variable, and classes are a way around that. Inventory can be its own specialized class, etc.

I'd like to see a couple more conversation choices with the chars that aren't the witch, and it's a bummer that once Polina stops fighting you, you have no more interaction with her.

Ingredients are too scarce presently, but this thread shows you already are aware.

Thanks for the game.

Oboe.

Reactions: Faerie Dust

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
At first play, it looks good. I had no problems downloading or installing.

My major problem was that EVERY time I got anything valuable in the woods (or entered the woods with such), Polina came the very next screen and took it ALL. (Because I chose Knowledge and Charm, my fighting ability is crap, and I got killed every time I tried to escape.) I did not know the preference table, so I was keeping as little as possible after I realized what was happening, but still, there does need to be a chance/option to pass through the woods with potion ingredients, etc (or an alternative route).

I would also suggest that you put SOME sort of sexual scene/-s as early as you can, even as just a peeping or dream scene. (It doesn't have to be hard-core sex- perhaps one of the girls popping out of her cleavage.) That's one of your major selling points for the game. Get some sort of tease to attract sponsors.

Sorry to sound like a nit-picker looking for stuff to criticize. Your game has an interesting concept and looks VERY good. I will be looking forward to future updates.

Two questions plot wise:
1) Can I give Nadia (the elf) pumpkins in the woods (or at the inn)?
2) Can I obtain the unicorn hair at this point?

Neither option is given me, but perhaps I'm missing something (and the game DOES suggest that I have.)

Reactions: Faerie Dust

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
This is a pretty game and I'm hoping it gets better. I agree with darkhound1 on the code issues. I write just enough Python to know what he's getting at. You want to use classes when you can (esp for your characters), and lose the loose variables. Unlike Perl, Python doesn't have a lexical variable, and classes are a way around that. Inventory can be its own specialized class, etc.

I'd like to see a couple more conversation choices with the chars that aren't the witch, and it's a bummer that once Polina stops fighting you, you have no more interaction with her.

Ingredients are too scarce presently, but this thread shows you already are aware.

Thanks for the game.

Oboe.
Right, I understand the underlying reason for classes and I did some cleaning on the code during the last few days. Some variables were made redundant and not necessary anymore. With only 8 characters I don't think classes are a necessity as of now, but I might get into it if the need arises.

There will definitely be more interaction options with every character. The game is just starting to get content, so nothing is set on stone and adjustments / improvements will be made with every update. Thanks for the interest in the game.

Reactions: hentai charley

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
Sorry to sound like a nit-picker looking for stuff to criticize. Your game has an interesting concept and looks VERY good. I will be looking forward to future updates.

Two questions plot wise:
1) Can I give Nadia (the elf) pumpkins in the woods (or at the inn)?
2) Can I obtain the unicorn hair at this point?

Neither option is given me, but perhaps I'm missing something (and the game DOES suggest that I have.)
Thank you for the feedback and I know that when players comment on issues they had, it's because they care enough about the game to point them out and it really helps me to make improvements. In the end we all want a better player experience and I couldn't do it without you guys.

I agree that the combat system is not intuitive without seeing the code and players have no way of knowing that. The new Fairy Tale mode should address this issue until the combat system is revamped. I will reduce the probability of Polina showing up at any given time, so it will be easier to cross the woods unscathed. She only appears once por day, so that's also something that you can use to your advantage.

For the current version there are only 2 scenes with nudity, optional when you defeat Polina and when Elena brews the potion. At least one new scene will be added with every update, hopefully more but it depends on how much free time I got from my regular work.

Now to your questions:
1. The ability to gift pumpkins to Nadia was temporarily disabled on 0.1.1 while I was improving the code flow, but it's already reimplemented for 0.1.2 along with more interaction options.
2. Yes, you can obtain unicorn hair in this version. Unicorns only come at night and if you have 3 Knowledge, carefully approaching gives you a higher drop rate (37%). Otherwise, you have a better chance just standing still (33%). It will be easier to encounter unicorns in the future.

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020

All patrons have 1 week early-access to new releases.

Changelog 0.1.2:

- New dream scenes for 4 characters
- 2 character introductions
- New world zone
- New difficulty mode
- Balance patch
- Minor fixes & additions

Next week it will be released here for the public.

Oboe

Nov 17, 2019
As one of the patreons for this one, I like what I've seen, though still haven't seen a single crow's feather fall just yet.

From a standing start, looks as if the PC economy will revolve around fairy dust till feathers drop.

I've seen a couple dream sequences so far, and visited fairyland.

O

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
As one of the patreons for this one, I like what I've seen, though still haven't seen a single crow's feather fall just yet.

From a standing start, looks as if the PC economy will revolve around fairy dust till feathers drop.

I've seen a couple dream sequences so far, and visited fairyland.

O
Hello Oboe, there is a 15% drop rate for feathers when searching the dark woods at night. You can then sell healing potions for more gold. One of the new locations for 0.1.3 will have plenty of crow feathers, so this won't be a problem anymore.

Reactions: hentai charley

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
Question: since this is an “open world dating sim“ game, can I create my own character? And can I play a female too? In sims i can customise my character and play different genders that’s why I am asking

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
Here is my unofficial android port of Wonderland Witches v0.1.2 COMPRESSED
Mega
Thanks davu91. I didn't make an official android version because the UI needs extra work to be fully functional, but I'm sure people will appreciate it regardless.

Question: since this is an “open world dating sim“ game, can I create my own character? And can I play a female too? In sims i can customise my character and play different genders that’s why I am asking
There is no such character creation and you play as a male. You can however name your character and balance between 3 personality traits that affect the gameplay.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Pogo123 and davu91

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
its not you, at some point the creator is going to need to make new models for each of the characters i think they are just using the same one for all characters atm to save time in development of the game.

2.50 star(s) 4 Votes