Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
just finished reading all of it and gotta say Patreon is being way to strict and that sucks because Azel content would have been amazing and it even seemed a little like it was going that way. the game would have been the perfect masterpiece with it but still an amazing game.
Yeah there is a lot of complaints about those rules, but that is for another topic. Also while I wouldn't mind seeing lewd stuff with Azel, Wendy and Cedey I understand that while 3 characters are off limits there are still 33 others (as of the last release 0.7.6 that are not related to the MC) that are wide open for lewd content. Also other characters will be added later too (mostly Rachael clients). So you still have tons of content to hold you over while we wait for a modder to address those other 3.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
just finished reading all of it and gotta say Patreon is being way to strict and that sucks because Azel content would have been amazing and it even seemed a little like it was going that way. the game would have been the perfect masterpiece with it but still an amazing game.
Is actually PayPal and other card issuers...Patreon just tow their policies.

Nov 2, 2017
Is actually PayPal and other card issuers...Patreon just tow their policies.
I'm sure Patreon could work around it somehow if they wanted to but they don't even try but either way, it still sucks since there is a lot of games that are held back from being better or perfect due to Patreon non stop messing with devs.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I'm sure Patreon could work around it somehow if they wanted to but they don't even try but either way, it still sucks since there is a lot of games that are held back from being better or perfect due to Patreon non stop messing with devs.
I'm sure they could yes...by losing PayPal & MasterCard as a payment provider.

Nov 2, 2017
I'm sure they could yes...by losing PayPal & MasterCard as a payment provider.
wonder if a second site would work. like have a second site that links to you Patreon and you withdraw your money there then you can cash out from there thus keeping the payment systems separate from the content and everyone wins.im no excerpt of course so would probably need more detail and work then that lol.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
While there is a delay in the day 7 final it sounds like day 8 part one is also underway so that is a good sign in my opinion. I hope BD doesn't get a ton of hate for the delay again. I feel bad for him with everything going on in his life to also have to put up with all that hate as well.

Sending love to BD today and hopefully it all works out for him quickly.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
wonder if a second site would work. like have a second site that links to you Patreon and you withdraw your money there then you can cash out from there thus keeping the payment systems separate from the content and everyone wins.im no excerpt of course so would probably need more detail and work then that lol.
There's a reason many are now moving to Subscribestar.

masteraaran

Jun 10, 2017
Instead of re-rendering I wonder if he couldn't have gotten away with some kind of AI Upscale on that batch of renders. I have an AI Upscaler software that works pretty well and would be happy to use it for such things!

No matter though, the 28th is not that long to wait. Eagerly looking forward to it!

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Instead of re-rendering I wonder if he couldn't have gotten away with some kind of AI Upscale on that batch of renders. I have an AI Upscaler software that works pretty well and would be happy to use it for such things!

No matter though, the 28th is not that long to wait. Eagerly looking forward to it!
I am not going to go into detail but he did post a little more about the issues on the Patreon only discord channel stating why it won't work with something like this. Mostly out of respect to BD/Patreon members and that a lot of this is over my technical knowledge.

Reactions: csmk14

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
The Krypt Angel

It seemed like a legit question to start with, but once it moved into the whole incest/Patreon thing again I stepped out of it as well.

Well onto other topics now that the update is delayed I have to block time on my work calendar to avoid meetings that may come in when the update drops.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
You know what is the BEST way to circumvent Patreon rules? Patches seem most popular but as theyre now going directly after the modders why not more of the whole 'type password into the game' method to unlock the true story as intended? Honestly as soon as SubscribeStar becomes as big as Patreon then creative vision will be less neutered but of course its biggest drawback is people want to use Paypal and its THEM who control the push against the content not Patreon themselves. Still im not sure how soon we would get Azel content anyway... i suppose after her date with the MC? its sad that the story literally has her devoting herself besotted to the MC and even her best friend pushing both parties into a loving embrace with one another but its just not gonna happen until the nefarious modder rears his impure head and creates content off the book.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
You know what is the BEST way to circumvent Patreon rules? Patches seem most popular but as theyre now going directly after the modders why not more of the whole 'type password into the game' method to unlock the true story as intended? Honestly as soon as SubscribeStar becomes as big as Patreon then creative vision will be less neutered but of course its biggest drawback is people want to use Paypal and its THEM who control the push against the content not Patreon themselves. Still im not sure how soon we would get Azel content anyway... i suppose after her date with the MC? its sad that the story literally has her devoting herself besotted to the MC and even her best friend pushing both parties into a loving embrace with one another but its just not gonna happen until the nefarious modder rears his impure head and creates content off the book.
I've also seen games where the dev managed to get around it by just asking the player at the beginning what your relationship to a certain character was and typing in the answer. I mean, if you have your typical nuclear family 'cest games, it's still super obvious who everyone is supposed to be. But if you make the player type in the relation, it keeps the dev in plausible deniability.

Reactions: csmk14

dunhill

May 3, 2017
maybe BD could make a scene with Azel trying buy some book titled "a guide on how to start a sexual relationship with your adoptive son of legal age" and when she goes to buy the book the website says no PayPal or MasterCard as payment option and that is the only payment option she got online.. that would be funny..

heck BD should do that as a running gag, where at least once every other day or ep Azel tries to buy this fictional book only to be blocked by PayPal and MasterCard... for example she would take a 4hr drive to out of town to a bookshop, all in sunglasses and scarf (so no one would recognize her) she gets the book and is about to pay for it when an agent from MasterCard shows up and the shop clerk tells her that the book is no longer for sale, or is being recalled for a misprint (or whatever excuse) then the MasterCard agent takes the book and drives off..

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
why not more of the whole 'type password into the game' method to unlock the true story as intended?
Content still inside the game. with patches devs can say "wasn't me who did that"

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 640 Votes