KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Is it really that out of the ordinary for people to change shifts? People do it all the time in any shift-based industry.

"Hey Al, heard you got the graveyard shift again. Suck to be you, I know you were looking forward to tonight's Lakers/Heat game. Tell ya what, I'll trade ya for my Grandson's coming birthday, how 'bout it?"

azagtoth56

Dec 19, 2018
I think that after everything that happened in 7.7 through 8.1, I am more curious as to what happened to Charles after Ryker and his cronies did their crap. I mean Charles is/was on something just like Ryker. I guess we shall see in the coming updates.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
I admit that my knowledge of US law enforcement is limited to Brooklyn Nine-Nine and reruns of Hawaii Five-Oh. I never stooped as low as CSI though.
CSI was great (the original seasons) this was well before Brooklyn Nine nine :D

Last edited:
Reactions: csmk14

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Is it really that out of the ordinary for people to change shifts? People do it all the time in any shift-based industry.

"Hey Al, heard you got the graveyard shift again. Suck to be you, I know you were looking forward to tonight's Lakers/Heat game. Tell ya what, I'll trade ya for my Grandson's coming birthday, how 'bout it?"
Changing shifts is common, changing your work position (from street cop to detention officer) it's not. It shouts corruption quite loudly. Either that, or the police forces in WVM's town are running even shorter on personnel than WVM's basketball team

Reactions: Krynh

binglebangles

Apr 29, 2020
For Val, the head canon would be sheriff's deputy, and at the jail all night doing all the paperwork for the case anyway, easy enough to pop in for check-ups.

Reactions: cakeny

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
You as well my friend. Looking forward to your notes and thoughts. (y)
Thanks, I am still on Day 1 - Afternoon, @ Rachael's Office in the conference room. Like LocoGringo78 mention there been some interesting notes that I been taking that explains some of the conversation what others been talking about. However when I complete Day 1, I will summarize notes for myself and possible questions so I can see if some of it get answered on my own or it may be in future updates. :unsure:

This game is so good, also it going to be a long one, that I had to take notes... Since our human brains cannot keep every details in mind long enough or it may leak out the head. :cautious: Gotta blame the zombies... :alien:

Have a great day... (y)

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
LocoGringo78, have anyone provided BrainDrop some subtitling runoffs? If not, should I email (I see the email address posted on BD's Patreon's page) BD with a document where it may run off? Or post it here?

I been doing screenshots and documenting roughly where. I may also make additional notes some of the setting if BD need more details regarding what route and options chosen. I have multiple document open (1) one making notes for myself (2) one for possible errors or issues. (3) WVM guild for 0.7.7.1. I do not mind creating another document for only for overflowing subtitling which can have full details (route, options, etc). I do not want to repeat it if someone else has provided that to BD.

Have a great day... (y)

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
Changing shifts is common, changing your work position (from street cop to detention officer) it's not. It shouts corruption quite loudly. Either that, or the police forces in WVM's town are running even shorter on personnel than WVM's basketball team
Depends on where MC was taken, though?

Local police stations do have holding cells (mostly for drunk and disorderly) and in a University town it's not uncommon for stations to have more than one cell block. And over here (the Netherlands) it's not uncommon to fill in multiple roles. My cousin is a cop. He's a detective now, but when he was a beat cop, he also pulled duties on the riot squad during major football matches or protests, and station duty. And that included checking up on detainees and even bringing them a sandwich.

If MC was taken to a county lock-up, that would be different cup of tea. One of my other cousins is a correctional facilities officer (but started as a cop) and there is no way he would have been called out to, or even allowed to enter, an active crime-scene.

But it was clearly stated MC was not under arrest, they were just holding him for questioning so there's no reasonable explanation for him to be brought to a county lock-up.

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
I just think this is all a misinterpretation by some of the non-native English language speakers (and I'm one of them).

Honestly I think it would be a lot cooler if Valerie is just a plain cop. And the reason she's still in uniform is because she's a Rogue cop, a Cowboy cop who doesn't abide by the rules. She teams up with a Rookie Basketball Player who plays by the rules (as set in the playbook Harp gave him) and does everything (or at least every one in his harem) by the numbers.

Together they'll clean up the mean streets of WVM! New episodes (bi-)weekly on Thursdays, exclusively on the Braindrop Network

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I just think this is all a misinterpretation by some of the non-native English language speakers (and I'm one of them).

Honestly I think it would be a lot cooler if Valerie is just a plain cop. And the reason she's still in uniform is because she's a Rogue cop, a Cowboy cop who doesn't abide by the rules. She teams up with a Rookie Basketball Player who plays by the rules (as set in the playbook Harp gave him) and does everything (or at least every one in his harem) by the numbers.

Together they'll clean up the mean streets of WVM! New episodes (bi-)weekly on Thursdays, exclusively on the Braindrop Network
It makes no sense if she's a corrections officer. From what little I know of US LEO's she would never have been on scene, or even at the station. The MC would never have gone to prison/jail/county without being in front of a judge first, especially without any charges filed against him. He would have been taken to hospital realistically, but if not that, then he would have gone to the local prescient and into holding until his questioning and/or charges where filed, then he'd be brought before a judge but being a weekend, might have gone to county till Monday, but only after charges where filed.

I tend to not over thinking it like some here, no names mentioned, and just go with what I know or imagine it to be... Oh BD only had a prison asset, welp it's not prison but a realy biiig police holding centre.

H2R

Jul 9, 2020
question since the family is not a target does that mean their out of the picture or not put in compromising situations cause the last thing i want is to have a game say it not doing making a character romanceable but makes scenes with them left and right it sucks

BeoWoolF

Apr 17, 2020

The cop doing the interrogation had a 22 at his collar. V hat a silver star there. Don`t remember what the batch of the paid off cop was.
Maybe she is just some higher rank in the outfit. Does not have to be the boss to have influence.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes