ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I guess I just don't understand this either I am 42 and my mom still tries to control my life when she can. I guess I didn't grow up poor, but I get what you are getting at with the having to grown up faster when you are. I felt they way she was reacting was just realizing all that has gone on for the MC this week and how he is not handling everything well and neither is she. Let's see 4 moves, a new school, how many new girls in his life, Ryker/Kimmy thing, trying to fix everything for everyone, learning about his sister and mom, just to name a few things. I felt this was more of a worry so he slows down and can focus on his dream to play in the NBA. Being a parent myself I worry about my kids all the time and want to make sure they get the best out of life and not to over do anything.

I do expect Azel to get worse after the bowling event to try to protect the MC even more than she already has.
and thats exactly my point ... don't you think the MC would be able to handle it all .. he was doing great altho being tired ( and i get that ) but you have to admit he was managing it well .. so why the attitude from Azel .. maybe everything had gotten to her .. and she thought being MC's mom she should step in and tell him what to do ?

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
when does a mother stop trying to be a mother and let her child grow up or better yet see him as grown up ?
i'm just saying for me coming from a very poor family growing up came at a young age .. and saying the MC came from a poor family ... doesn't fit with how it should have played out ...
how many people here has grown up poor .. didn't you have to grow up alot quicker than some of or most of your friends that grew up with money ?
its just being poor or in my case very poor .. made us grow up more even faster than those that had money ..
is this better ?
Like mavi said you can't really fairly compare the 2. You grew up in a vastly different time (and with a fuckton of siblings apparently :LOL:) You can't really expect a millennial who was an only child to have had the same experience or for his mother to act the same way yers did...the conditions just aren't the same.

Reactions: Call190Now

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Like mavi said you can't really fairly compare the 2. You grew up in a vastly different time (and with a fuckton of siblings apparently :LOL:) You can't really expect a millennial who was an only child to have had the same experience or for his mother to act the same way yers did...the conditions just aren't the same.
yeah i get that .. still tho .. with everything the MC has done upto that point .. and Azel treat him like he's still a child to be told what and what not to do ??

Reactions: Maviarab

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
and thats exactly my point ... don't you think the MC would be able to handle it all .. he was doing great altho being tired ( and i get that ) but you have to admit he was managing it well .. so why the attitude from Azel .. maybe everything had gotten to her .. and she thought being MC's mom she should step in and tell him what to do ?
Personally I don't think he was handling it well. It starts with him not being able to say no to anyone. Azel recognized that and so did Lauren. I feel she just had his best interest in mind. Now if it was me if and I learned I had a sister then found her, there is nothing else I would have done that day except talk with her. I would have skipped the house tour, skipped the date with Shauna, skipped the bowling event and just focused on my long lost sister. Everyone else would have understood, but that is not what the MC did (thankfully because the game would not be as good if he did), he put everyone else before himself. That is what Azel seemed to be concerned with. He was doing to much (I am ok with this for the game purpose) and needed to be shown that.

I really enjoyed the fact that he stayed true to himself yet also took her advise at the same time. He still put others first (Harper), but was able to say no to Eden, Hannah, Unknown redhead, and Moon. It felt like him being the MC still but he took Azel's advice a little bit. Sure he back tracked a little bit, but I felt it was a nice balance. I also felt it was a dig at BD himself as well with his die hard fans playing the role of Azel telling him to take it easy as you are doing too much, and him coming to terms and telling people no.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
please don't ever get me wrong i love this game alot .. it was flowing along great .. i just have trouble with the MC being the person he is being treated like a child and has to be told what and what not to do ... i could see all this if it was just advice from his mom .. just i didn't see it as advice .. sorry ... still won't stop me from playing this game tho

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
please don't ever get me wrong i love this game alot .. it was flowing along great .. i just have trouble with the MC being the person he is being treated like a child and has to be told what and what not to do ... i could see all this if it was just advice from his mom .. just i didn't see it as advice .. sorry ... still won't stop me from playing this game tho
Haha I know you do, we are having a debate here don't worry about it. I felt it was a parent moment but not a permanent thing. She was worried and that is all.

BeoWoolF

Apr 17, 2020
Yeah, he was doing fine ( well, apart from the alley thing ) but you cannot overdo it for a prolonged time until your body or mind will give you a big and hard stop sign.
Being tired as f is a first slight reminder of that fact.
That he flipped with Ryker may also be a sign to that end. Maybe he would have had more self control if he was not exhausted like that.
He was overdoing it for a week now. For a sporty guy quite possible to do, but it will get to him sooner or later.
In addition with overdoing it he has some quite dramatic emotional stess. Wendy, Sister, lots of ladies, ... not saying bad stress but still stress.

Azel is worried and wants him to slow down.

Something very well in a mothers domain. Not saying it is good or not, not saying mothers that do not push like she is are bad mothers, it is just a thing ( some type of ) mothers do. Mine would have been like that but unfortunately never this open, more in a nagging way...

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: csmk14

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
insider info?
EDIT : cause in game when he talks to Nathan in the hallway it's not mentioned a certain day just weekend
Nope check the date night with Shauna it is mentioned in there (by Vanessa on the re-work done with the 0.7.7 update) and it is possible Nathan does not know yet.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Haha I know you do, we are having a debate here don't worry about it. I felt it was a parent moment but not a permanent thing. She was worried and that is all.
thanks .. that sounds about right ... ( parent moment ) and Azel as all MC's girls are worried for him .. that makes alot of sense , seeing how they all love him :)

Reactions: csmk14

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Nope check the date night with Shauna it is mentioned in there (by Vanessa on the re-work done with the 0.7.7 update) and it is possible Nathan does not know yet.
got me curious...will check now :D
EDIT : guess you're right xD Veronica : I'll have a few hours in between jobs Sunday if you're free, I'll try to get Veronica and Mabel to come as well. "

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Loco

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
don't MC talk to Nathan about the next play date he has with him .. during the talk with Belle ?

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes