FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
really isn't. just if he chooses to do so or not. from a story aspect--as you've pointed out--it would be a mistake.
There are few developers that release a taboo version and clean version of the game. That is why they both have Patreon and SubscribeStar. Patreon on one hand is more mainstream and many people use it. SubscribeStar on the other hand are for the very selective few who don't want their stories or art hindered by Paypal politics.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
There are few developers that release a taboo version and clean version of the game. That is why they both have Patreon and SubscribeStar. Patreon on one hand is more mainstream and many people use it. SubscribeStar on the other hand are for the very selective few who don't want their stories or art hindered by Paypal politics.
he isn't really concerned with patron.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
he isn't really concerned with patron.
Back when he was receiving his monthly donations or paycheck. I feel he didn't want to rock the boat by switching services. But he does have a clean slate to start on both sides now that he has been pausing pledges for a few months. The only reason why BD would say there is no incest is that he didn't want to get into trouble with Patreon suspending his account.

Also truth be told. Azel is not even related to the MC. She is his step mom. So it's not technically incest at all.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
Back when he was receiving his monthly donations or paycheck. I feel he didn't want to rock the boat by switching services. But he does have a clean slate to start on both sides now that he has been pausing pledges for a few months. The only reason why BD would say there is no incest is that he didn't want to get into trouble with Patreon suspending his account.

Also truth be told. Azel is not even related to the MC. She is his step mom. So it's not technically incest at all.
from what i was told--he was never concerned. the delays are curious. i'm more attracted to the blood related women.

Vimtoking

Nov 28, 2018
No, its just an alternative way to support him for those who dont use Patreon.
i personally how incest isn't added into this VN,
i personally like the bond the 3 of them have as it is,

on a side note i just finished and in regards to ruby,,, i think the original looks better as it gives her some uniqueness, the "not standing out as much" adds to her personality, as i see her similiar to scary the dev could play it that they are both late broomers, and that MC hasn't had chance to interact with ruby as much as he has with scary

also would like to see a bit more of raine aswell if possible :)

OfficiallyGames

Game Developer
May 23, 2020
There isn't going to be incest until a modder adds it when wvm is finsihed (5-7 years time) and the story WOULD require some rewrite to acctually fit in with the family fucking and to work in the renders and scenes leading to it. Just becasue BD has an alternative service to recive payment, means nothing regarding incest. He isn't going to waste time making essentially 2 different games/versions of wvm just to appease a certain crowd of people, people cry enough about delays anyway - no need to give them another excuse to complain. So just don't read too much into BD getting a SubscribeStar, its just an alternative payment nothing more. Yes some devs may do alternatives versions, but guess what. Devs are different from one another, just coz some do it doesnt mean BD does, the only issue is people complaining about incest and saying stuff like "alternative versions" "its easy" "make them landlady" ect.

OfficiallyGames

Game Developer
May 23, 2020
The only reason why BD would say there is no incest is that he didn't want to get into trouble with Patreon suspending his account.

Or stay with me here..... BD doesnt want incest in his game? All the kissing and stuff is just him trolling and pushing the boundaries. So Azel is adopted mother, in some countries/states and also patreon it counts as incest.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
Or stay with me here..... BD doesnt want incest in his game? All the kissing and stuff is just him trolling and pushing the boundaries. So Azel is adopted mother, in some countries/states and also patreon it counts as incest.
That's rich that BD would troll his own game for reactions. So now that there is another means to have said content. I don't understand why people reject it so adamantly. But whatever. I can see debating this is going no where fast since people think using the facepalm expression should means something to me?

Jacob VK

Mar 29, 2019
hey guys.. did bd mentions anything about his next update? its been a while? can anyone link me to his update on the game post?

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
hey guys.. did bd mentions anything about his next update? its been a while? can anyone link me to his update on the game post?
Full contents of latest Patreon post is provided in this thread post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/wvm-day-1-9-v0-9-4-2-fix-braindrop.35910/post-6059684

TLDR version: BD is aiming for release on June 30th, but it could be delayed a few more days due to more unforeseen events (Patreon post mentions details about possible causes in his personal life), but most likely no later than July 3rd/4th, so end of this week.

Quick, but short version: BD has given his reasons in Patreon posts before, and occasionally in this thread (there are *many* thread posts and pages, so you probably need to use the search to find those, though). He has also been gracious enough to his supporters to pause billing for the last 9 months, even though he has been working (despite the issues he's had).

In any case, for more updates, I suggest going to the Mini-FAQ (link also provided in the thread start, below the download links, and right next to the mods and walkthroughs).

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
There isn't going to be incest until a modder adds it when wvm is finsihed (5-7 years time) and the story WOULD require some rewrite to acctually fit in with the family fucking and to work in the renders and scenes leading to it. Just becasue BD has an alternative service to recive payment, means nothing regarding incest. He isn't going to waste time making essentially 2 different games/versions of wvm just to appease a certain crowd of people, people cry enough about delays anyway - no need to give them another excuse to complain. So just don't read too much into BD getting a SubscribeStar, its just an alternative payment nothing more. Yes some devs may do alternatives versions, but guess what. Devs are different from one another, just coz some do it doesnt mean BD does, the only issue is people complaining about incest and saying stuff like "alternative versions" "its easy" "make them landlady" ect.
First off I hate incest.

But to the question of adding incest in future, one it doesn't require any changes to previous story, it's not hard to add an Azel sex scene on day 12. Secondly, he is currently remaking the game right now. So he's already doing exactly what you say he isn't doing.

• Haha
Reactions: SerHawkes

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
That's rich that BD would troll his own game for reactions. So now that there is another means to have said content. I don't understand why people reject it so adamantly. But whatever. I can see debating this is going no where fast since people think using the facepalm expression should means something to me?
Well BD has trolled some of his fans several times now, so anything is possible.

I don't think the debate on incest or no incest needs to keep happening, but I can see why people want it. I am not opposed to it being added, but based on the statements BD has made in the past about not adding incest content I see why people get upset. Yes BD could be stating no incest to please the Patreon/Paypal overlords, but he also could not want to add the content.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I expect Jamie’s pregnancy to be forced. Since you didn‘t have a choice in the swimming pool bathroom but to come inside of her, you have one guaranteed scene with wich a pregnancy can be justified. Also everyone is talking about how great of a father the Mc would be and it‘s one of the central points that he wants to be a better person than his own father.

Pregnancy isn‘t my kink so while this thought leaves me worried, I just enjoy the rest of the game and deal with it if it comes up.
BD has stated pregnancy is a big part of the game. I would imagine someone like Jamie would be forced but others will be optional, unless you take the job with Rachael. There are 3 girls (Alexis, Jamie and Zoe) you did not get an option to pull out at one point and it has been hinted that 2 (Alexis and Zoe) of them will get an option to pull out during the week 1 re-work.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DIXEREX

Jul 11, 2020
TLDR : pc and personal issues + wedding/honeymoon, will be dad + pausing pledges for months on Patreon since delays on update. It should be out end of June/early July. :)
yes and competing in the Olympics this year and becoming a priest in a Amish village while learning sign language while hosting a book club for the local moonshiners while milking horse's on his neighbors farm and working a part time job as a jockey :ROFLMAO:

OfficiallyGames

Game Developer
May 23, 2020
First off I hate incest.

But to the question of adding incest in future, one it doesn't require any changes to previous story, it's not hard to add an Azel sex scene on day 12. Secondly, he is currently remaking the game right now. So he's already doing exactly what you say he isn't doing.
It would require rewrite to actually setup the incest relationships and scenes so things make sense so it would require rewriting and adding parts to the pervious story/plot. Also he isn't reworking the entire game/story. He is fixing scenes to have the up to date models, rewriting SOME/FEW parts (mainly the office scene when meeting rachael), also adding new stuff like day transitions and gallery.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I will say this sir, you are a scholar among men....I completely forgot that interaction. I tip my hat to you sir.
I'm even sure, by the way, that the quote is either from Willow or Elizabeth.

Otherwise, I like to feed the phrase bank, am notorious for bad puns, and bend situations like the point whether Elizabeth's assertion that Jamie is already pregnant is not a lie but possibly just the truth a few steps as it just still goes, on a level that even some politicians would consider to be on the border of lies. So if Ethan ever needs a shyster or weaponized word jokes, I'm probably pretty good for the job.

Reactions: xxTHESTYGIANxx

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
It would require rewrite to actually setup the incest relationships and scenes so things make sense so it would require rewriting and adding parts to the pervious story/plot. Also he isn't reworking the entire game/story. He is fixing scenes to have the up to date models, rewriting SOME/FEW parts (mainly the office scene when meeting rachael), also adding new stuff like day transitions and gallery.
I hate to disagree with a friend here, but if Incest was going to be added there are several spots a scene could be slightly modified to add content with both Azel and Willow/Cedar/Cedey. Not really a spot for Wendy, but the other two the MC has been with alone and slept on a couch or bed with them more than once.

It can be done with some work, not saying I think it will or won't happen, but it could. A modder could come in and adjust a few scenes to turn a kiss into something more a snuggling session on a couch into more, or a nap in the bed to more.

We waste too much time here saying incest should or should not be added to the game. Some want it, some don't, and others could careless either way. Yes, BD has stated no incest in the game, but people sometimes change their minds.

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
I hate to disagree with a friend here, but if Incest was going to be added there are several spots a scene could be slightly modified to add content with both Azel and Willow/Cedar/Cedey. Not really a spot for Wendy, but the other two the MC has been with alone and slept on a couch or bed with them more than once.

It can be done with some work, not saying I think it will or won't happen, but it could. A modder could come in and adjust a few scenes to turn a kiss into something more a snuggling session on a couch into more, or a nap in the bed to more.

We waste too much time here saying incest should or should not be added to the game. Some want it, some don't, and others could careless either way. Yes, BD has stated no incest in the game, but people sometimes change their minds.
In any case, to "enable" incest in this game, it would require additional renders and major dialogue changes, just to set things up. The first part would be way beyond what a regular modder would be capable of.

For my own sake, I like games/stories that include incest (mainly B/S or F/D), and regularly use mods/patches when they're available, but in this case, I'm actually fine with *not* having it in this game/story. I feel the story stands up fine on its own without it, and there are more than enough romantic/sexual relationships to explore, both in the current version, and what has been hinted at for future versions. For me, it got a bit annoying with Azel's kiss on the lips, when a kiss on the cheek would be more than enough, and more appropriate. I understand that BD wanted to troll those who continually ask for incest contents, and I can see the humor in that, but at the time I was playing the story, it was annoying that "this is as far as we'll get" (basically).

That said, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this coming weekend (or even earlier, depending on the life of BD).

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes