HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I don't think white knight is used right here. He was basically calling all you whiners: trolls and idjits, not really defending the dev.

It is also a free vn. It's awesome that you help financially support it, but it's still considered a donation if I understand the system right.

I maybe wrong but that is how it seems to me, but I also wouldn't donate to something I feel the need to talk shit about but everyone is different...
Yepp, it was a blank statement :)

Saying someone is "white knighting" is just asinine. As if it would be more validated to complain about something than to praise it.

lyfsavor

Mar 31, 2020
You know, these kind of posts just gets funnier every time...... Must be a real nuisance to be so butthurt over something you get for free.

BD explained in the sentence after why he is hesitant to release the update but if you actually read that part it would severely hinder your possibility to be edgy, wouldn't it?
It's not "for free" if we're supporting the dev on his Patreon so kindly don't lump EVERYONE on F95 in together. I've been a loyal subscriber of this game's Patreon/Dev for quite a while because I'm such a big fan of the game, but that will end soon if this crap continues for much longer. I got burned on Ecchi Sensei and it will not happen twice.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
It's not "for free" if we're supporting the dev on his Patreon so kindly don't lump EVERYONE on F95 in together. I've been a loyal subscriber of this game's Patreon/Dev for quite a while because I'm such a big fan of the game, but that will end soon if this crap continues for much longer. I got burned on Ecchi Sensei and it will not happen twice.
As Elwood said above, the game is still free, you just support the Dev's work, doesn't entitle you to anything.

What is a little baffling is people who complain (non constructively), whining about this and that and still support the financially. It's almost as baffling as people who obviously doesn't like a game and still hang around it's thread complaining about everything over and over. If I don't like a game, you know what? I move on to try something else. Why put energy in to nothing other than complaining about the same thing over and over, especially on a pirate site where you get everything for free.

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
I think this would be better with a on hold tag since it just means "hey im working just taking my time" be little easier then giving people multiple excuses or wasting his time telling people his problems. cause trust me I understand both sides and i think this is the most logical way to deal with those who trust without doubts and those who lost faith and doubt non-stop.

I'm neutral btw

Last edited:

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I think this would be better with a on hold tag since it just means "hey im working just taking my time" be little easier then giving people multiple excuses or wasting his time telling people his problems. cause trust me I understand both sides and i think this is the most logical way to deal with those who trust without doubts and those who lost faith and doubt non-stop.

I'm neutral btw
It's up to BD to request the on hold tag and obviously doesn't think he's there or he just doesn't care what happens on a non related pirate forum (see all the Dev's that are no longer active here for various reasons).

And trust me, a on hold tag will do nothing to stop people complaining........

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
It's up to BD to request the on hold tag and obviously doesn't think he's there or he just doesn't care what happens on a non related pirate forum (see all the Dev's that are no longer active here for various reasons).

And trust me, a on hold tag will do nothing to stop people complaining........
never thought of that since most on hold tag games i seen the threads just die out of nowhere. some say oh no why or something along those lines and bam silence but i guess there will be some and i never thought of that portion of people

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
never thought of that since most on hold tag games i seen the threads just die out of nowhere. some say oh no why or something along those lines and bam silence but i guess there will be some and i never thought of that portion of people
Yeah, the tags here on F95 doesn't really mean anything when it comes to a development of a game, it's just this forum's own system to deal with stuff.

A VN can (and some are) be developed without any "interference" from F95.

Reactions: sava75

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
any news aboutn this game...was 1 of my favourite game and suddenly it disappeared from rada5r cuz dev thought wasn't good enough...and i'm struggling to see how story went..damn ..hater when devs kill their ownm creeatures..expecially when there was nothing bad in their game.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Didn't say he didn't do that. Just people are quick to jump the guns on some creators while give others a free pass for same things. I haven't mentioned any other creators by name though. Just using the label creator generic in this case...

Tbh, when I pledge to a creator I do so for support the creator. Creator's doesn't necessary stop need our support just because they go through a rough time though.
I was giving a reason that this one, specifically, tends to get a 'free pass'. Creators I see vilified don't pause pledges for delays and such. That's just my experience though. Maybe yours is different.

Reactions: henry hopkin

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
any news aboutn this game...was 1 of my favourite game and suddenly it disappeared from rada5r cuz dev thought wasn't good enough...and i'm struggling to see how story went..damn ..hater when devs kill their ownm creeatures..expecially when there was nothing bad in their game.
The Dev had a series of unfortunate real life events, and when he asked for feedback about releasing the content he has every few weeks or just wait untill the Dev was completely happy with the content, the supporters (in my opinion making a mistake) encouraged the Dev into staying in the spiral of redoing content.

Im my opinion, that will end up causing the Dev even more stress and anxiety because the content keeps not getting released, while if he had released something even if he wasnt 100% happy, that weight wouldnt be on his shoulders anymore.

Its not the Dev fault though, he asked for feedback probably because he recognized that he was in a rabbit hole, but instead of getting a rope to get out of it, he was pushed even further down.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
When asked about releasing it now on discord he give some nonesense reason about needing it to be perfect in his mind so that he could deal with peoples feedback about it. Which isn't how to go about making a game. Think the only ever useful feedback to him was to change how the princess was hiding in the basement from everyone.

aaachris

Oct 26, 2019
The Dev had a series of unfortunate real life events, and when he asked for feedback about releasing the content he has every few weeks or just wait untill the Dev was completely happy with the content, the supporters (in my opinion making a mistake) encouraged the Dev into staying in the spiral of redoing content.

Im my opinion, that will end up causing the Dev even more stress and anxiety because the content keeps not getting released, while if he had released something even if he wasnt 100% happy, that weight wouldnt be on his shoulders anymore.

Its not the Dev fault though, he asked for feedback probably because he recognized that he was in a rabbit hole, but instead of getting a rope to get out of it, he was pushed even further down.
Regardless of feedback, he's the sole creator. He shouldn't do something out of feedback pressure that he's not comfortable with. This is not a public company he's running.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Regardless of feedback, he's the sole creator. He shouldn't do something out of feedback pressure that he's not comfortable with. This is not a public company he's running.

That wasnt my point. He asked for feedback for a reason, and i think that reason was that he was starting to realize he was in a rabbit hole. Its was a subconcious cry for help, to get out of the viscious circle. He never asked for feedback like that before.

His supporters failed to recognize that and encouraged him to stay in the blockade he is having. Its not rare for authors to enter a block state, and its usual external pressure (either with deadlines or feeedback from people close to them that recognize the issue) that they manage to get out of the block state

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
That wasnt my point. He asked for feedback for a reason, and i think that reason was that he was starting to realize he was in a rabbit hole. Its was a subconcious cry for help, to get out of the viscious circle. He never asked for feedback like that before.

His supporters failed to recognize that and encouraged him to stay in the blockade he is having. Its not rare for authors to enter a block state, and its usual external pressure (either with deadlines or feeedback from people close to them that recognize the issue) that they manage to get out of the block state
Not write the story/plot/characters complete first, and just make it up as you go along starting with a few ideas.. Perfect way to paint yourself into a corner. Adding a ton of characters that would require a own manuscript just to keep track of, doesn't do yourself any favors either.. Perfect recipe to turn your project into a chore and burn your candle from both ends..

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
When asked about releasing it now on discord he give some nonesense reason about needing it to be perfect in his mind so that he could deal with peoples feedback about it. Which isn't how to go about making a game. Think the only ever useful feedback to him was to change how the princess was hiding in the basement from everyone.
If struggling mentaly, I wouldn't say be on Discord with people bother you all the time about when the next update, is the most healthy place to be though..

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
Not write the story/plot/characters complete first, and just make it up as you go along starting with a few ideas.. Perfect way to paint yourself into a corner. Adding a ton of characters that would require a own manuscript just to keep track of, doesn't do yourself any favors either.. Perfect recipe to turn your project into a chore and burn your candle from both ends..
He said a long time ago he had the full story basically already written, and he'd come up with the specific lines of dialogue and description when making the update.

Reactions: Mediocre

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
He said a long time ago he had the full story basically already written, and he'd come up with the specific lines of dialogue and description when making the update.
Writing a story for games such as this is close to make manuscripts for tv/movies. They don't start make up the dialogues at the time they start film. You can sketch down the outline of a story but if you have to keep flesh out and backfill dialogues every step on the way afterwards that is not have the story/script made before starting imho. It's would be like someone writing a book and then wait with add all dialogues until all the chapters done.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I said a couple years ago (my last post in this thread), and this is probably controversial, but I think this game blowing up the way it did actually hurt BD overall. Sure, it made/makes him a lot of money. But going from a nobody to one of the most popular game developers seemingly overnight puts a huge pressure on someone. Pressure he is now feeling in the midst of a series of personal tragedies.

He didn't have a slower buildup like almost every other developer, including pro's like Pinkcake and Philly had. A lot of people get into making games to make $$$, but having a slower buildup is actually very beneficial. You learn and improve, under lesser pressure, and when/if you do get big, you're prepared for it.

But with BD? Nope. He was a modest dev for a while, when he was doing weekly or bi-weekly releases. Then people subbed. A lot. This thread blowup. Tons of supporters...along with some haters. Some, like myself, who became dissatisfied with the game just quietly left and didn't even get noticed. But along the way, this game became one of the most polarizing on the site. You either love it, or you hate it. This just adds to BD's mental health issues. Figuratively speaking, he was tossed into the fire.

And then you have IRL issues causing even more problems/pressure. So, combine pressure/expectations of thousands of fanboys. And some haters/controversy. And a series of unfortunate IRL issues. Yeah, it gets difficult to say the least. The issues he is dealing with today have been building up for literally most of this games history.

Hopefully he doesn't go down the perfectionist rabbit hole, that pretty much spells doom for this game. As it has for many others. But I also think this is the pressure of expectation manifesting itself. He is experiencing IRL issues -> Update delay -> Fans get antsy -> BD wants to keep his fans happy -> Try's to make the update the best possible -> Self-doubt/Perfectionism creeps in -> More delay -> Fans get antsy....

Not a good cycle to be in.

Last edited:

Nilloc

Jan 22, 2018
This dude needs to toughen up. Not for the update, but for his kid....

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes