steven brown

Jun 29, 2017
The big issue this dev keeps making with respect to the storyline is that they feel it's important that a character can't be missing from the game for too long before they need to make an appearance. So every update feels like this laundry list of speaking to x/y/z to get their one line in and by the time we get to some kind of story progression the update is over because so much time was spent "making the rounds" on all the other girls.

The number of women is on the ridiculous side but it actually wouldn't be a problem if the dev from the beginning went with the formula:

meet new girl > setup plot point to help/woo girl > resolve plot > relegate girl to backlog/collection > move onto next girl

This gives the freedom to have a meaningful interaction with each new person but then when that's done, move on and have them make cameo appearances for big harem orgies or if it makes sense to have them appear within another girl's plot for some reason. Just don't waste time having 30 women show their face just to effectively say "hi, I'm still here" or get stuck on making new sex scenes for girls we've already had many for unless you intend something significant to come out of it i.e. pregnancy.

Don't throw too many new women at once too. The introduction of that color coded group of girls during an already overburdened scene of new girls, it just gets boring.

Other devs who only have 5 or 6 women total can get away with dedicating every update to cover everyone in some way but when you have 50+ it's just not feasible without harming the narrative.

Also there is a fine line you have to walk along to avoid a harem turning "cringe" and for me that line was crossed when they had all the girls in bikini's lined up in a row and bent over just for the MC to enjoy. It takes a lot for me to feel embarrassed? in a virtual scene in a game...but that's how I felt when that happened.

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
Dang, now Anna too for the Harem? :ROFLMAO: I guess I'm surprised I didn't see it coming but man, I still had some hope left that Anna wouldn't be such a swooning catastrophe like literally every single other woman in this story (I guess except for, at the moment, Mackenzie, but I'm sure that's coming too).

Like, I knew from the beginning that Braindrop said every woman would be romanceable except for the incest characters, but I thought that would mean for some girls, just some casual sex every now and then, or maybe some evolution in the relationships, breaking up with some, getting together with other ones, you know, just like having a crazy sex life.

And when the game first started exploring the idea of a polyamorous relationship with, I was super on board because I thought you'd have like Jamie and Shauna, maybe Jasmine and Bailey and Stacy at some point, and that would be awesome because most VNs don't deal with multiple partners very well, the girls often not being aware at all that their guy is sleeping around like crazy. So a polyamorous relationship is an awesome way to deal with that, not least because it gives great opportunity for orgies at some point.

But I thought that it would stop at some point, and chicks that we were just having cool, casual sex with like Zoe, Elizabeth, Katie, Rachael and all her clients, that that would remain at that casual level. Managing all of these women in this enormous harem is not only basically impossible from a logistical point of view (I mean, our main guy is nearing Mongolian Emperor levels here with the size of his harem), it also robs the women of much of their characterization. Like having Zoe in the last update and now Anna in this one completely break down emotionally, and now Anna declaring her undying love for the MC and everything, I feel like we've seen it all before. It's okay to have these sorts of characters, but we already had them, and Zoe and Anna were cool for a while, they didn't need this.

grim019

Mar 28, 2020
I'm not sure if it really matters though if the MC met the girl before. A few lines about love, and the girl is dropping her panties swearing eternal allegiance to the MC.
Imagine being a dude going to the same school as this MC... he's literally taking every hottie the school has to offer all for himself. The story is overburdened with so many women, that getting an actual plot or story line seems to be an afterthought at this point...but it would be interesting if a whiff of reality would hit the script and the men at the school try balancing the scales.
I honestly want to know how many guys are at this school there seems to so little. Most of the guys we do know does not seem like they would care. Since they are gay,trans, or in a committed relationship.

Reactions: Randeep44

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Yeah i think this game reached a dead end... no progress anymore, very short updates... well, the DEV has gathered a big number patrons, and i think... its milking time. Well in fact, its like that since a year already. I paused, last played it about a year ago, thaught maybe ill give it a try again and see where its going... but yeah, its going nowhere anymore.

grim019

Mar 28, 2020
Dang, now Anna too for the Harem? :ROFLMAO: I guess I'm surprised I didn't see it coming but man, I still had some hope left that Anna wouldn't be such a swooning catastrophe like literally every single other woman in this story (I guess except for, at the moment, Mackenzie, but I'm sure that's coming too).

Like, I knew from the beginning that Braindrop said every woman would be romanceable except for the incest characters, but I thought that would mean for some girls, just some casual sex every now and then, or maybe some evolution in the relationships, breaking up with some, getting together with other ones, you know, just like having a crazy sex life.

And when the game first started exploring the idea of a polyamorous relationship with, I was super on board because I thought you'd have like Jamie and Shauna, maybe Jasmine and Bailey and Stacy at some point, and that would be awesome because most VNs don't deal with multiple partners very well, the girls often not being aware at all that their guy is sleeping around like crazy. So a polyamorous relationship is an awesome way to deal with that, not least because it gives great opportunity for orgies at some point.

But I thought that it would stop at some point, and chicks that we were just having cool, casual sex with like Zoe, Elizabeth, Katie, Rachael and all her clients, that that would remain at that casual level. Managing all of these women in this enormous harem is not only basically impossible from a logistical point of view (I mean, our main guy is nearing Mongolian Emperor levels here with the size of his harem), it also robs the women of much of their characterization. Like having Zoe in the last update and now Anna in this one completely break down emotionally, and now Anna declaring her undying love for the MC and everything, I feel like we've seen it all before. It's okay to have these sorts of characters, but we already had them, and Zoe and Anna were cool for a while, they didn't need this.
I always thought Elizabeth would end up in the harem with the way the game set her character up. When Anna said she was moving to same town as MC I knew she would join.

Reactions: armion82

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
i stopped playing this game when the big party at MC house was trown after the incident in bowling and after the recionnected with both mom and sis... there should be a torunment game soon...if a play this so calleds season 2 update can i continue from where i left without any story hole or these update are the so called remake (didn't understand the means of these remake when a game was good and ppl enjoyed it so much!!!.pls let me know what i will face, thanks

Rufio

Sep 4, 2017
two questions please:
1. who is the blonde girl you bang on the couch
2. does the blonde girl you bang on the couch get any scenes this update?

Eticketjedi

Jul 15, 2022

I agree that it's tough to build individual characters when there are so many of them and they all have the same essential path.

I enjoy the game and its story but the overall ridiculous levels of the harem keep me from putting it near the top of my list.

RooneyCZ

Mar 28, 2022
Ok, this is pathetic...
Devs sharing the updates per two weeks or monthly are giving more content than this...Ok, maybe because I left out on Anna, but hell...this is not update size appropriate for such long development time...I used to support him on Patreon but left until I see some progress again...well this is not it...I sincerely hope that this was kind of get back in the game pre-update, which will be followed by proper one.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I'm not sure if it really matters though if the MC met the girl before. A few lines about love, and the girl is dropping her panties swearing eternal allegiance to the MC.
Imagine being a dude going to the same school as this MC... he's literally taking every hottie the school has to offer all for himself. The story is overburdened with so many women, that getting an actual plot or story line seems to be an afterthought at this point...but it would be interesting if a whiff of reality would hit the script and the men at the school try balancing the scales.
I personally don't really care that much about realism in these games. I am not saying that the games should be devoid of all logic, but at the end of the day it's all just fantasy and I think that the whole appeal of games like this, is that the mc gets all the girls.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes