Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
this is not true. he's said he would pause and always makes a show of it, and then still posts devlog updates which automatically unpauses the patreon and charges everyone again. every single time he's claimed he's pausing his patreon has been a lie
i am pretty sure that it is not working that way.
you only stop the payment cycle for supporters,the pantreon account and the supporters account stays active and the rest stays as it is.
only when a new supporter pledges when payment is paused they will be charged.
that can not be stopped and the dev needs to refund if he wants to.

that you unpause the payment when making a post as owner of the pantreon account is nonsense.

Last edited:

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
this is not true. he's said he would pause and always makes a show of it, and then still posts devlog updates which automatically unpauses the patreon and charges everyone again. every single time he's claimed he's pausing his patreon has been a lie

i am pretty sure that it is not working that way.
you only stop the payment cycle for supporters,the pantreon account and the supporters account stays active and the rest stays as it is.
only when a new supporter pledges when payment is paused they will be charged.
that can not be stopped and the dev needs to refund if he wants to.

that you unpause the payment when making a post as owner of the pantreon account is nonsense.

So, From the Dev's perspactive. When you pause your pledges, the pledges are suspended for one month nomatter how many posts you make. There is a banner across the top of your(the dev's) page that says that your pledges are paused and until what date. making a post does not reinstigate the pledges, to unpause in less than 1 month you must go to settings and manually unpause it...

1706675347474.png

see.

Reactions: Freki and Steinchen

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
It's great that your happy, but don't come here and praise BD as if he's doing things no other dev can do.

I was a supporter of his. Got tired of the broken promises. Became a dev myself at the age of 49 with no prior coding experiance. Taught myself how to use ren'Py, Daz Studio, and Blender (still learning) while fighting and recovering from cancer. I do this in my spare time and hold down a day job to support my family. But what I never do is promise my fans a release date and then not meet it! I don't promise anything until I know it's ready. Being a Dev does not automatically mean you have to be a liar and mislead your supporters. My Patreon only brings in $30 a month, but I respect my supporters more than BD does because I don't lie to them! Go back to his Discord and be a sheep.
I never, ever said that he is doing things no other dev can do. I made comments specifically about what is being talked about and kept it to that. I will also say this, you did a great thing becoming your own dev (age doesn't matter, determination does) and I'm glad to hear how *YOU* handle things with a much smaller pressure and it works for you and for that I won't tell you that you've done anything wrong because you haven't. however when you get the continuing pressure of a LARGE number of people who grouse when the content isn't enough (someone here said something to the fact that they speed through the game till they get to content of girls they like (ok sure that's fine) but then call the updates SHORT and lacking story and what not) this is what he deals with. heck in the post of the version that just dropped it SAYS "if there is not a link for a version, this means the file has not finished uploading) and 1 hour after that someone said the android link wasn't working, and about 15 minutes or so later it was up and running. this person posted twice (could have been a simple misclick there) but never READ the post, just went to where it said XX version and tried to click there and it of course wasn't ready yet. have there been lies here? I haven't seen them, but i also understand much of what has been said by BD so I will be honest I do not see the "LIES" because no one posts the specific things that they say are lies and does not even want to because they can't prove it. I accept HOWEVER that you feel he has lied and that I will not deny you as you can feel that it's one thing even if it isn't. Someone did try to insinuate that he was working with someone else and that is something I addressed as well and it's funny i didn't see anyone deny my statement that he works alone (no not you, atleast that I can remember)

I will also say thank you for pointing out patreon workings around paused pledges as many people don't. I even went back to check to see if i got charged and i had not (just to be sure since it was brought up) again, there have been people that have gotten charged and if they mentioned it to BD he went to patreon and got that charge reversed as seen in his discord).

Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
have there been lies here? I haven't seen them, but i also understand much of what has been said by BD so I will be honest I do not see the "LIES" because no one posts the specific things that they say are lies and does not even want to because they can't prove it.
Excuse me? Either you are blind as a mole or just pretty ignorant. There is literally a whole timeline of all his lies, broken promises and a fake persona cuz he couldn´t handle all the backlash :KEK:
All the lies
And that´s just till march of last year. there´s still almost a year of excuses and lies missing. but yeah.... "nobody can prove it"

Last edited:

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
I haven't seen them, but i also understand much of what has been said by BD so I will be honest I do not see the "LIES" because no one posts the specific things that they say are lies and does not even want to because they can't prove it.
everybody that calls out some stuff that can be proven on discord and or pantreon gets banned and the posts are getting deleted.
happend to a lot of former supporters of BD including me.

just stating a fact that everybody here knows by now...

333Playing

Oct 15, 2019
brave_hwxTmU5NC3.jpg
Important Update. (Pledges will not be paused this month, please adjust accordingly) First I want to start off with saying the second half of the spa trip will be uploaded later today. I'm aiming for around noon EST but it may be a few hours later. This update will be around 170-180 renders and 5 animations. It ended up being a little longer than I thought it would be.

Second, I will not be pausing pledges this month. This is a decision that I do not come to lightly. I personally do not feel 100% comfortable not pausing and to be honest with you guys I fully intended to pause this month but I had some unexpected expenses happen and I can't afford to go another month without income. Trust me, I would pause if I could without immense stress. I do not just provide for myself. I take care of my family and that's why I can't pause right now. Pledges have been paused since October. That's 1/3 of a year and they were paused for good reason. I was not delivering enough and I was missing too much and that is currently still the case but we're almost past it. I never stopped working outside of my week off for the Holidays. These pauses were not for rest.

I have currently released 1,242 renders and 32 animations since pledges were paused. Those numbers will be at least 1400 renders and 37 animations later today. These numbers are still well below my target amount for the amount of time taken but work never stopped, I had a few tech issues and a few irl issues but things are what they are. They should have been better.
I fully support anyone who will decide to stop their pledge. There are absolutely no hard feelings. Furthermore, all content posted this upcoming month including the updates as well as all of the side content will also be posted for all former patrons on the discord. So there is no pressure to stay pledged you will still receive everything. And since this announcement is so late in the month, anyone who is charged is free to ask for a refund and it will be granted.

Though just because I'm not pausing this month does not mean I won't go straight back into pausing next month. I will be setting some goals I must hit to not pause again and there will be some transparency changes.

My goals for February include releasing the rest of Episode 13. Which is everything up until everyone is returning to WVM. I also plan on releasing at least 100-200 renders of Episode 14. I must catch up on Character Sheets and Birthday Renders and I must post the Season 1 redo progress report. If all of those conditions are not met then pledges will be paused in March no matter what.

I plan on adding a channel to the discord where I will post a daily update about what work was accomplished that day. It's nothing major but it should at least give further insight to where some of the dev time goes. I admittedly do a very poor job of explaining a lot of the issues I encounter.

brave_k3BiYbSNPy.jpg This is what the tracker will look like. (Pictured above)(Sundays are marked as days off but I will usually get a little work done on those days.) While there aren't any specifics outside of numbers, it should at least give further insight and even help me stay on track.

With all of this said, I want to once again thank all of you for the support, the kind words, and the well wishes. I hate having to do this but I have to do this. I hope you understand. I'm going to get back to work on finalizing these last few things for the update today. I'll let you guys know when it's uploading. Normal Dev report this upcoming weekend. Have a wonderful week everyone. ♥

Last edited:

tslojr

Apr 8, 2021
View attachment 3311663 Important Update. (Pledges will not be paused this month, please adjust accordingly) First I want to start off with saying the second half of the spa trip will be uploaded later today. I'm aiming for around noon EST but it may be a few hours later. This update will be around 170-180 renders and 5 animations. It ended up being a little longer than I thought it would be.Second, I will not be pausing pledges this month. This is a decision that I do not come to lightly. I personally do not feel 100% comfortable not pausing and to be honest with you guys I fully intended to pause this month but I had some unexpected expenses happen and I can't afford to go another month without income. Trust me, I would pause if I could without immense stress. I do not just provide for myself. I take care of my family and that's why I can't pause right now. Pledges have been paused since October. That's 1/3 of a year and they were paused for good reason. I was not delivering enough and I was missing too much and that is currently still the case but we're almost past it. I never stopped working outside of my week off for the Holidays. These pauses were not for rest.I have currently released 1,242 renders and 32 animations since pledges were paused. Those numbers will be at least 1400 renders and 37 animations later today. These numbers are still well below my target amount for the amount of time taken but work never stopped, I had a few tech issues and a few irl issues but things are what they are. They should have been better.I fully support anyone who will decide to stop their pledge. There are absolutely no hard feelings. Furthermore, all content posted this upcoming month including the updates as well as all of the side content will also be posted for all former patrons on the discord. So there is no pressure to stay pledged you will still receive everything. And since this announcement is so late in the month, anyone who is charged is free to ask for a refund and it will be granted.Though just because I'm not pausing this month does not mean I won't go straight back into pausing next month. I will be setting some goals I must hit to not pause again and there will be some transparency changes.
My goals for February include releasing the rest of Episode 13. Which is everything up until everyone is returning to WVM. I also plan on releasing at least 100-200 renders of Episode 14. I must catch up on Character Sheets and Birthday Renders and I must post the Season 1 redo progress report. If all of those conditions are not met then pledges will be paused in March no matter what. I plan on adding a channel to the discord where I will post a daily update about what work was accomplished that day. It's nothing major but it should at least give further insight to where some of the dev time goes. I admittedly do a very poor job of explaining a lot of the issues I encounter.

View attachment 3311676 This is what the tracker will look like. (Pictured above)(Sundays are marked as days off but I will usually get a little work done on those days.) While there aren't any specifics outside of numbers, it should at least give further insight and even help me stay on track. With all of this said, I want to once again thank all of you for the support, the kind words, and the well wishes. I hate having to do this but I have to do this. I hope you understand. I'm going to get back to work on finalizing these last few things for the update today. I'll let you guys know when it's uploading. Normal Dev report this upcoming weekend. Have a wonderful week everyone. ♥
That's a lot of words for "I know I haven't released shit, but I'm still going to charge you anyway."

Feb 29, 2020
View attachment 3311663
Important Update. (Pledges will not be paused this month, please adjust accordingly) First I want to start off with saying the second half of the spa trip will be uploaded later today. I'm aiming for around noon EST but it may be a few hours later. This update will be around 170-180 renders and 5 animations. It ended up being a little longer than I thought it would be.

Second, I will not be pausing pledges this month. This is a decision that I do not come to lightly. I personally do not feel 100% comfortable not pausing and to be honest with you guys I fully intended to pause this month but I had some unexpected expenses happen and I can't afford to go another month without income. Trust me, I would pause if I could without immense stress. I do not just provide for myself. I take care of my family and that's why I can't pause right now. Pledges have been paused since October. That's 1/3 of a year and they were paused for good reason. I was not delivering enough and I was missing too much and that is currently still the case but we're almost past it. I never stopped working outside of my week off for the Holidays. These pauses were not for rest.

I have currently released 1,242 renders and 32 animations since pledges were paused. Those numbers will be at least 1400 renders and 37 animations later today. These numbers are still well below my target amount for the amount of time taken but work never stopped, I had a few tech issues and a few irl issues but things are what they are. They should have been better.
I fully support anyone who will decide to stop their pledge. There are absolutely no hard feelings. Furthermore, all content posted this upcoming month including the updates as well as all of the side content will also be posted for all former patrons on the discord. So there is no pressure to stay pledged you will still receive everything. And since this announcement is so late in the month, anyone who is charged is free to ask for a refund and it will be granted.

Though just because I'm not pausing this month does not mean I won't go straight back into pausing next month. I will be setting some goals I must hit to not pause again and there will be some transparency changes.

My goals for February include releasing the rest of Episode 13. Which is everything up until everyone is returning to WVM. I also plan on releasing at least 100-200 renders of Episode 14. I must catch up on Character Sheets and Birthday Renders and I must post the Season 1 redo progress report. If all of those conditions are not met then pledges will be paused in March no matter what.

I plan on adding a channel to the discord where I will post a daily update about what work was accomplished that day. It's nothing major but it should at least give further insight to where some of the dev time goes. I admittedly do a very poor job of explaining a lot of the issues I encounter.

View attachment 3311676 This is what the tracker will look like. (Pictured above)(Sundays are marked as days off but I will usually get a little work done on those days.) While there aren't any specifics outside of numbers, it should at least give further insight and even help me stay on track.

With all of this said, I want to once again thank all of you for the support, the kind words, and the well wishes. I hate having to do this but I have to do this. I hope you understand. I'm going to get back to work on finalizing these last few things for the update today. I'll let you guys know when it's uploading. Normal Dev report this upcoming weekend. Have a wonderful week everyone. ♥
It's nothing new that he would do this, he knows there are 3000 idiots who will continue to support him financially.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Alright, folks. Let's cut BD some slack this time. He's stuck out at sea on the SS Minnow. That storm prvented them from givin his friend the toaster the burial beneath the waves it always dreamed of.

Let's have a moment of silence for the best toaster ever. The lil toaster always made sure the toast was perfect. It wasn't it's fault that it was unable to also butter the toast. May the lil toaster toast forever in the depths.

AlterdStates7

Feb 18, 2020
Even the excuses have no effort anymore, these last two have been 'Stuff and Things' happened and is now saying the quiet part out loud, that if he was remotely fairly compensated for the work he didn't do he couldn't survive. Shameless.

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
I never stopped working outside of my week off for the Holidays. These pauses were not for rest.
Yeah right. Give me a fucking break. How about instead of writing a whole book of your Bullshit excuses you actually do your fucking hobby/job with that time you wasted typing that shit out. And this statement right here is the best part. ( Trust me, I would pause if I could without immense stress.) Trust you. WHY THE FUCK should anybody trust your lying ass right now. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

johnnyM

Mar 2, 2018
View attachment 3311663

View attachment 3311676 This is what the tracker will look like. (Pictured above)(Sundays are marked as days off but I will usually get a little work done on those days.) While there aren't any specifics outside of numbers, it should at least give further insight and even help me stay on track.

Let's break this down shall we:

Paragraph 1 - Yo, I'm charging your asses for finally releasing my 3 month delayed update, albeit in 2 parts. The second part may be today, but maybe not...

Paragraph 2 - Did I tell you that i'm charging your asses? This VN is my livelihood (I guess I don't make it for myself, and it's not a hobby, but a job), and I need it to feed my family.

Paragraph 3 - Ummm I need to charge you because of reasons...you know, I had some IRL issues and you know, stuff. But look I gave you all these renders... don't mind that I was late every time and that those 1200 renders were due early in the summer as part of my 52 for 52 campaign.

Paragraph 4 - I think I forgot to mention that I'm charging your asses this month, and I'm charging your asses in February. But I'm going to keep it real and set some goals.

Paragraph 5 - To charge your asses in March, I need to do the following in February:
  1. release episode 13
  2. release my 75mb episode 14 beta part 1 subset (a) release.
  3. "Must catch up on" the character sheets and bday renders (what does that even mean? What's the measuring stick here that triggers the, he's all caught up?)
  4. "must post" season 1 redo progress (in other words, he just has to post that "still working on it".)
If I don't do the above, March is paused. Don't forget though, I'm still charging your asses in February regardless if this list gets done. This list is only for me charging in March.

Paragraph 6 - Look at this pretty Excel sheet I created "WITH COLORS" that will do absolutely nothing for me, except the last column where you can see my excuse.

Paragraph 7 - Kiss my ass, and please subscribe.

Last edited:

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
Let's break down this down shall we:

Paragraph 1 - Yo, I'm charging your asses for finally releasing my 3 month delayed update, albeit in 2 parts. The second part may be today, but maybe not...

Paragraph 2 - Did I tell you that i'm charging your asses? This VN is my livelihood (I guess I don't make it for myself, and it's not a hobby, but a job), and I need it to feed my family.

Paragraph 3 - Ummm I need to charge you because of reasons...you know, I had some IRL issues and you know, stuff. But look I gave you all these renders... don't mind that I was late every time and that those 1200 renders were due early in the summer as part of my 52 for 52 campaign.

Paragraph 4 - I think I forgot to mention that I'm charging your asses this month, and I'm charging your asses in February. But I'm going to keep it real and set some goals.

Paragraph 5 - To charge your asses in March, I need to do the following in February:
  1. release episode 13
  2. release my 75mb episode 14 beta part 1 subset (a) release.
  3. "Must catch up on" the character sheets and bday renders (what does that even mean? What's the measuring stick here that triggers the, he's all caught up?)
  4. "must post" season 1 redo progress (in other words, he just has to post that "still working on it".)
If I don't do the above, March is paused. Don't forget though, I'm still charging your asses in February regardless if this list gets done. This list is only for me charging in March.

Paragraph 6 - Look at this pretty Excel sheet I created "WITH COLORS" that will do absolutely nothing for me, except the last column where you can see my excuse.

Paragraph 7 - Kiss my ass, and please subscribe.
What a way to break it down the only thing missing was the "Trust me part" other than that your breakdown was awesome.

Reactions: tslojr and johnnyM

johnnyM

Mar 2, 2018
What I do love about his "List of goals" for charging in March is that he thinks that: 1) we are going to see the chart and the goals and go "oooooo look at how serious he is now" and 2) Thinks we are idiots and don't see just how low he set the bar for charging his patrons in March.

Assuming he did some work previously... (a very big ask). In his last dev report, he was planning on releasing Ep13 part 2 at the end of January. He said it was going to be a 200-300 update.

After his delay of EP13 Part 1, his new "target" was to release Ep13 part 1 (before the 1a and 1b split), and EP13 part 2 before tomorrow for his subscribers. Now he's planning EP13 Part 2 for February (which again probably mostly complete if we assume he's done something). For episode 14, he wants another 75 MB update (100 renders minimum), which probably takes any normal developer about 1-2 weeks. (Grif1001 help me out here since you are a new developer who is just learning all the tools. Is my 1- 2 weeks estimation right?)

Then his final 2 criteria of the "Catching up on" the bday renders, character sheets, and season 1 progress are the biggest pile of horseshit I ever heard. It's such a subjective goal, it's not even funny. You can't even put a measurable task on this that would indicate 100% achieved. Is one character sheet and 1 bday render enough? Is just sending out a message saying "still working on season 1 redo" and adding 1% to the mythical progress bar enough?

In summary, all Shit for Brains has to do is release ep13 (original part 2) which is probably almost done (assuming he did work), and a small 1-2week 75 MB update. The other subjective goals can be knocked out in less than a day.

Now, we wait and see how he fucks it up, and what IRL excuse he uses.

Last edited:
Reactions: tslojr

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
What I do love about his "List" for charging in March is that he thinks that: 1) we are going to see the chart and the list and go "oooooo look at how serious he is now" and 2) Thinks we are idiots and don't see just how low he set the bar for charging his patrons in March.

Assuming he actually did some work previously... (a very big ask). In his last dev report, he was planning on releasing Episode 13 at the beginning of February. It was going to be a 200-300 update and his "target" was to release part 1 of episode 13 (before the 1a and 1b split), and part 2 before tomorrow. For episode 14, he wants another 75 MB update, which probably takes any normal developer about 1-2 weeks. (Grif1001 help me out here since you are a new developer who is just learning all the tools. Is my 1- 2 weeks estimation right?)

Then his final 2 criteria of the "Catching up on" the bday renders, character sheets, and season 1 progress are the biggest pile of horseshit I ever heard. It's such a subjective goal, it's not even funny. You can't even put a measurable task on this that would indicate 100% achieved. Is one character sheet and 1 bday render enough? Is just sending out a message saying "still working on season 1 redo" and adding 1% to the mythical progress bar enough?

In summary, all Shit for Brains has to do is release ep13 (original part 2) which is probably almost done (assuming he did work), and a small 1-2week 75 MB update. The other subjective goals can be knocked out in less than a day.

Now, we wait and see how he fucks it up, and what IRL excuse he uses.
You know all his ass kissing fanboys are eating up that new chart and his promises like candy right now. Because you know he's a trust worthy guy. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

johnnyM

Mar 2, 2018
You know all his ass kissing fanboys are eating up that new chart and his promises like candy right now. Because you know he's a trust worthy guy. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Very Trustworthy indeed.

For the older gentlemen and ladies, every time I read a BD dev report, I picture these going off right above it.

Bullshit_from_Airplane.gif Airplane_Unbelievable_Bullshit.gif

(If you are younger in age, and know this reference and have seen the movies, you have my utmost respect)

• Haha
Reactions: tslojr and kcaldw
3.70 star(s) 639 Votes