kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
Very Trustworthy indeed.

For the older gentlemen and ladies, every time I read a BD dev report, I picture this going off right above it.

View attachment 3312406

(If you are younger in age, and know this reference and have seen the movies, you have my utmost respect)
I still like his comment where he says "I never stopped working." I definitely have to call BS on that. If he hadn't stopped working wouldn't we be past the Spa Date by now and wouldn't we have met Deliah and be back home.

johnnyM

Mar 2, 2018
and wouldn't we have had a few more preseason games? Even "Block Head" Moncree said in the last update that he's getting out of shape. His last game (in story) was approx. 2 days ago, but even he is feeling the damn near 1yr layoff (actual BD development time) between games :ROFLMAO:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
To be fair... even though he does take his time, i still enjoy badik. :unsure: And DPC doesn´t come up with a shitton of excuses.
Not to mention in his case we are talking for 6K renders and 300 animations updates.And tons of music.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
For episode 14, he wants another 75 MB update (100 renders minimum), which probably takes any normal developer about 1-2 weeks. (Grif1001 help me out here since you are a new developer who is just learning all the tools. Is my 1- 2 weeks estimation right?)
That really depends on a number of factors really. If all of the environments are already complete and all I have to do is pose characters, I can do on average between 20 to 30 renders a day using batch rendering and letting the computer render while I sleep. Then you still have to touch up every render in Photoshop or whatever image editing tool you use, and depending on your skill and what’s needed for the specific image, that’s anywhere from 2 to 45 minutes each. However if you’re building a scene from scratch, then depending how much detail you put into it, it can take up to 25-30 hours of work to make one scene. But I have been told that I am too detail oriented. So, it changes for each dev.

I will say this for BD, his images are almost always rendered perfectly despite how people feel about the characters looks. His skill as an artist is on point.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I get why people get upset, just my 2c that I think its silly complaining so much here. i've always maintained that the appropriate place for that (for any game) is whatever platform a dev uses, and not here.
Well, don't go in the BaDiK thread then. It's even worse than this one.

johnnyM

Mar 2, 2018
I get why people get upset, just my 2c that I think its silly complaining so much here. i've always maintained that the appropriate place for that (for any game) is whatever platform a dev uses, and not here.
well to answer that question, I think Discord is the forum. However, if you are in his discord, and if you so much as peep anything that isn't in the positive to BrainDead, you are banned, muted, kicked out of the discord. His forum is purposely controlled to only allow comments that portray BD in a positive light. There was also the issue where BD deleted all the comments in Patreon during his 2 year hiatus so that anyone who wanted to subscribe wouldn't see all the history.

The only place to complain to him is here, because Brain Fart, has no control to ban the commenters. Even BrainDrop is a member of this forum, and still has his profile. Although I think he's completely ghosted his profile now or goes by another pseudonym. I know he reads the complaints on this thread or has someone report back to him because ever so often, he acknowledges the comments or tries to make some sly quips or play on words on certain comments, in his dev reports.

Last edited:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
well to answer that question, I think Discord is the forum. However, if you are in his discord, and if you so much as peep anything that isn't in the positive to BrainDead, you are banned, muted, kicked out of the discord. His forum is purposely controlled to only allow comments that portray BD in a positive light. There was also the issue where BD deleted all the comments in Patreon during his 2 year hiatus so that anyone who wanted to subscribe wouldn't see all the history. The only place to complain to him is here. Even BrainDrop is a member, although I think he's completely ghosted his profile or goes by another pseudonym. He reads the complaints here or has someone report back to him because ever so often, he acknowledges the comments or tries to make some sly quips in his dev reports.
He also posts private DMs in his Discord when someone supposedly "bullies" him. If you disagree or say something bad, he claims he's being bullied.

Reactions: johnnyM

johnnyM

Mar 2, 2018
Discord is his safe space. It's the one place where people will herald his greatness. The only place where his shit doesn't stink.

ac06e90d-ef7e-43b1-8198-93ca8ccb5728_text.gif

Live look into the discord, whenever BD posts.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark Silence

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Discord is his safe space. It's the one place where people will herald his greatness. The only place where his shit doesn't stink.

View attachment 3312798
Agreed. The only place I'm a king is on my throne which is in my throne room aka my bathroom. My ol'lady will still talk shit if I stepped in it prior. Sometimes she invades my throne room just to tell me how deep I stepped in it. :ROFLMAO:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Yep, amazing how true this is for any married man.
I may not be married to her legally, but we've been together a long time and if Cali still accepted common-law we'd be considered married. I did marriage once and I fucked that up. Won't do it that again.

Reactions: johnnyM

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't past noon EST? Are we waiting for his poor old ass dial-up modem to upload his 50MB update?
"His poor old ass dial-up modem" fried half way through the upload. It's obsolete but, there is still a guy living in Zanzibar who fixes 'em. Although, shipping there is strictly by boat then camel or helicopter. So... it might be a few more weeks. Jus' Sayin':cool:

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes