pastaxpastax

Jul 15, 2023
Just like the school kid who puts off a several week long project until the night before and tries to scramble for excuses the teacher would buy to extend the deadline. That's clearly what's going on here. There's no way he had it in the bag ready to go all but the compiling. But that's where he always messes up. To be a good liar, you have to be competent, consistent and have a good memory.

FroggyT

Jan 11, 2023
I like how some devs like tomboy supremacy drop pics almost daily showing their work....when they say they couldn't work on something for a few days because of being sick, pet turtle was sick, got kidnapped by drunken aliens...it's believable.

Better Cock Spock

Engaged Member
Jul 29, 2017
News from discord
I know as far as this forum is concerned, his reputation is in the toilet, and there's been an uptick in grumbling on his Discord. And this doesn't really matter. But he really should've held off on announcing that he "hired" "Dionyx" until after this stupid update was released. Because right now, he looks even more like a pathetic liar than usual, even more than when he "hired" "MacKenzie", who was also supposed to push out whatever was "done". We've been waiting months, and trying to create a failsafe system with "hiring" "other people" obviously doesnt work. So if he waited, he'd only look slightly less bad. At least imo.

Nov 6, 2023
surely he can't release without testing the compiled version
Disclaimer: Not a defense of BD.

I think you can test the game without compiling. I've only messed around with Ren'Py casually, but it has a mode that lets you play through and debug, so the testing may have been done there.

What's wild is that a compilation error has taken two weeks to sort. I'm calling BS on that if I'm living in a fantasy world where the content and issue actually exist. In reality, there is no compilation error because there is no content to compile.

Reactions: mofonistik

Griffen130

Oct 24, 2021
so 13 is completed from what i understand i just want to see the lady who is probably connected to the mc who here thinks she will be in chapter 14 or 13 i would say 13 which chapter did we even first here about her i know it was after the bowling alley fight but i dont know what chapter that was

pastaxpastax

Jul 15, 2023
Disclaimer: Not a defense of BD.

I think you can test the game without compiling. I've only messed around with Ren'Py casually, but it has a mode that lets you play through and debug, so the testing may have been done there.

What's wild is that a compilation error has taken two weeks to sort. I'm calling BS on that if I'm living in a fantasy world where the content and issue actually exist. In reality, there is no compilation error because there is no content to compile.
Yes, he does his "testing" within the renpy dev environment by reviewing the dialog and imagery. He doesn't compile first and then do alpha testing, etc. Someone who operates like him is going to be backwards when it comes to common sense shit like that. But he lost passion for this and it's become a chore that he's stuck with because of how much freaking money it yields to do little to nothing. Add the tendency to put off stuff until the last minute and you end up with what you have. A bunch of scrambling, failure and then lies to cover those failures up. People who hate him though won't accept the whole truth of the situation, only the parts that confirm their biases. Anyone who makes a practice of doing things like that is going to fail hard.

So to recap, he's been putting off work until the last minute, trying to bust it out quickly, failing, then scrambling to get it done ASAP without even tasting the stuff properly before release. He literally compiles as the very last step and, barring any errors prohibiting completion of the package, and then immediately uploads the file. If he doesn't change that flow, I guarantee that it will be impossible to ever make it better. Odds are he's going to keep on doing what he's doing until enough support goes away. I mean what else is he cut out to do? Flip burgers? Stock shelves? I bet that any proper jobs he has had have been a complete disaster. At least knowing he has limited options keeps the glimmer of hope alive that this story will be finished. That and sunken cost has possibly thousands of people jammed up and refusing to cut their losses just yet.

pastaxpastax

Jul 15, 2023
so 13 is completed from what i understand i just want to see the lady who is probably connected to the mc who here thinks she will be in chapter 14 or 13 i would say 13 which chapter did we even first here about her i know it was after the bowling alley fight but i dont know what chapter that was
Dalia was supposed to appear in ep 14.

plaguyex

Aug 8, 2020
Possible, that's not a playtest though.

From WIkipedia:
In the video game industry, playtesting refers specifically to the process of exposing a game in development (or some specific parts of it) to its intended audience, to identify potential design flaws and gather feedback. Playtests are also used to help ensure that a product will be commercially viable upon release, by providing a way for consumers to play the game and provide their opinions. Playtesting should not be confused with quality assurance (QA) testing, in which professional testers look for and report specific software bugs to be fixed by the development team.

Oct 22, 2017
Well for him to "he could release EP 13" it means that he has worked the hours required and completed Ep 13 and have tested it... I believe that he did not had even started the second part of Ep 13
That's basically what I was saying. (y)
If the current state would mean he is only now working on EP 14, that should mean EP 13 is finished.
That would mean he could release it since he planned split releases last time I checked.
So EP 13 not being released yet for me means that not even that is done yet.

Reactions: KiryuKazuma095
3.70 star(s) 647 Votes