Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
If your looking for just scenes, then here's the bottom-line deal:
(I'll publish a proper pathing guide for routes after the mod is release)
  • Ash (must have her Love route, Harem excludes scene)
  • Jen or Jen/Jad
  • Jad or Jad/Jen or Jad/Val
  • Sung
  • Val or Val/Jad
  • Vic or (Vic/Jad if I remember correctly works but I've been drinking so...)
  • Aur OR Eli (mix either of them with any of the above as their scenes are point dependent only)
That's it for scenes, basically (this is not a routing guide but scene guide). Again this is just to outline as I don't feel like typing an entire guide ATM, the mod coding and release takes priority.
note the bottom bullet folks.
Aurora and Elizabeth. Actually, based upon my experience, they really only work well with Jen. But if the man says they work with them all then so be it. I am talking from a Jen point of view.
peace

notasimp666

May 24, 2022
Ok game, shorter than I thought it would be. will take another 3 years to have enough content for more than 1 sitting. I guess people are liking for the potential it might have. Good luck dev. The asian chick is very cute.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Arigon at the moment all my beta testers don't really know if my cheats are truly right/wrong in their testing so at some point after public release I wouldn't mind your opinion on their toggle behaviors in your experience. To put it in basic terms I'm coding it so if the user selects a certain route it turns off/on those that would otherwise during normal playthrough to make sure folks don't fuck up their game saves. I know modders don't do this ever.... but I do. I pride myself on bulletproof cheats but ain't gonna lie, this isn't the easiest task to code. If it's not your thing then no worries but I always value input whether it's positive or negative... since I'm a bit of a perfectionist in my mods, especially the dynamic ChoiceGuides. So much so that most devs start communicating with me but I reckon this VN will be the exception to that normal rule, just a huntch.

Reactions: Arigon

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Arigon at the moment all my beta testers don't really know if my cheats are truly right/wrong in their testing so at some point after public release I wouldn't mind your opinion on their toggle behaviors in your experience. To put it in basic terms I'm coding it so if the user selects a certain route it turns off/on those that would otherwise during normal playthrough to make sure folks don't fuck up their game saves. I know modders don't do this ever.... but I do. I pride myself on bulletproof cheats but ain't gonna lie, this isn't the easiest task to code. If it's not your thing then no worries but I always value input whether it's positive or negative... since I'm a bit of a perfectionist in my mods, especially the dynamic ChoiceGuides. So much so that most devs start communicating with me but I reckon this VN will be the exception to that normal rule, just a huntch.
Sure thing.
Just let me know when you have it ready.
Peace

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, last post before I gotta crash (it's after 1am in my timezone and I've been drinking so... yeah).

SanchoMod - Dynamic FreeRoam details

Pending wall of text which I'll put in a spoiler for those that don't give a shit about the mod. I respect your personal view and, frankly speaking, don't care if you use my mods or not as I benefit not either way. But for those that do you'll likely find this rather ass-kickingly interesting and beneficial to what is coming:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So there you go. Fucking badass, ain't it? Yeah, I think so too. Thanks for reading through that explanation but I hope that enlightens folks on just one of the many features contained in SanchoMod that goes above and beyond, giving you the power of choice. The choice to play as you want. Spoiler light, spoiler heavy, spoiler free, GUI customization only, pro replay gallery, whatever. Everything can be toggled on/off and/or adjusted as YOU want, not what I think you want. That's how a mod should be imho. But you do you, I'll just do my best to provide the tools that allow me and you to do that with professional, top of the line coding that's rock solid and dependable.

Thank you for your time and good night. Time to get my drunk ass some rest. Regards and be well.

Last edited:

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

Hi everyone, it's been 2 weeks after the release of CHP. 5 and I'm here to share extended thoughts on the project.

1. ABOUT CHAPTER 5
First, the journey to complete this chapter had been daunting. Initially, I wanted to add the changes to the prologue chapter along with this chapter, but with how many bugs there are currently on chapter 5, it's honestly a good idea to push the changes back for another time. I can't imagine how much more buggy it will be otherwise.

To be frank, I've overworked myself to complete this chapter. With the number of renders and animations, this chapter is significantly tougher to complete compared to the previous chapters.
On average, I had to finish at least 30+ finished and edited renders a day with the appropriate script that accompanied them, this includes weekends and holidays. Animations are a whole other beast to handle, each animation easily taking a day or more to animate and render. This doesn't include scenes that didn't make the cut, or scenes that have to be remade.

I know that a lot of other developers are way better at this job than I am. Even if this is my first project, there's no excuse to not do better.

2. Chapter 6
Chapter 6 will be the last chapter for the first season of AoA academy. It will come in 2 parts, the first coming in August, and the second part will be in December. There will be endings based on each of the main LI's.

3. Closing words and my gratitude.
I don't want to make this post to complain, because I'm not. It's a part of the job (And my job is hardly the hardest job in this world).

In fact, I'm extremely lucky to be in this position today, and all of it is thanks to you who have supported me, despite my flaws. I felt that you deserved nothing but my best efforts in return.

I believed I've done all that I could in terms of the visual aspect of the actual product, particularly with the renders and animations.

In terms of writing, story, and the other aspects that surrounded this project, I fully acknowledge that none of those are my strong aspects as a developer.
Being social is genuinely difficult for me to do, and combined with my intense work schedule, I simply couldn't provide the proper community experience to all of you. To compensate for that, I strive to do more with the actual content itself. That's why I kept pushing further, despite knowing how much more work it would give me.

I love this project. I love the characters, they're all flawed, but interesting people. I sometimes hated that I couldn't give all these characters their proper storyline.

That being said, Thank you for all of your support! I want to use this post to own up to my mistakes and shortcomings, and to be crystal clear with my thoughts on this project.

bananabrown

Oct 18, 2019
If main Li's are getting endings soon I'm very curious as to where season 2 is going. I just hope we aren't forced out of relationships and get to choose who to leave behind. But based on tlg's comments it seems likes he's apologizing in advance for how season 1 will end. Are we going to be forced off paths? Are Li's going to die? Are we going to be bottlenecked into a limited amount of routes? I'm worried. Leave Vicky alone!

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: FlyinginTime

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Well Aurora, that's a real nice dress you had planned...:unsure: View attachment 1840627
The grossest of the multiple inconsistencies of this kind can still be found in Ch1.
The MC can decide to have breakfast with Ash and meet Sung Ji for the first time, or to go to the academy on his own, where he'll bump into Valerie and Rebecca and then visit the library with them.
Even if you did't have breakfast with Ash, and therefore never met Sung Ji, later on you still talk to her in the library during the freeroam as if you had met before.
On that route, the MC and Sung Ji are NEVER introduced.
Chapter 1. A version from over 1.5 years ago.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
As for the periodical harem discussion, let me bring back a couple of my posts from earlier this year:

I admit it was my fault for assuming things, but it may turn out that our so-called "mini-harems" aren't mini after all, but just harems.

https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2021-05-02.10394/

Fuck me! :(

You'all have to ask the dev himself because we have no fucking clue. There's been much discussion about it here.

This site should really tackle some issues regarding certain misleading tags, to be more precise the harem and animated tags.

According to this site, there's a harem if the MC can date simultaneously 3 girls (or more) who are ok with it. However, I bet my left arm that without reading those rules the vast majority would understand harems as possibly involving every single LI in a game. I doubt Arabian harems were composed of just 3 women, right?
On the other hand, a game receives the "animated" tag even if it just includes a couple of walking animations early on and then nothing. This is an adult site; if I read animated, I believe that it's sex scenes that are animated. Or at the very least, I understand that animations of any type should be a common feature in that game.

Solution? Well, to me it would be extremely easy. It would just take approving a couple of additional tags that at the moment don't exist:
- Harem: just as it is now, 3 or more girls at the same time.
- Full Harem: needs no explanation.
- Animations: just as it is now, the game contains one or more animations of any type.
- Animated: the game includes many animations, either sexual or non-sexual, or both.
- Animated Sex: again it's self-explanatory; as a general rule sex scenes are animated.

I don't think it would cost anything to implement and it would make things much clearer for everyone.
Now, after reading again the definition of the "harem" tag there's something that just dawned on me: Wouldn't it be necessary for everyone to have sex at the same time, that is, an orgy?
"all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously."
According to this site's definition, there wouldn't be a harem if the MC has simultaneous romantic relationships with 3 girls but has sex with them only separately, 1 by 1.

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
As for the periodical harem discussion, let me bring back a couple of my posts from earlier this year:

Now, after reading again the definition of the "harem" tag there's something that just dawned on me: Wouldn't it be necessary for everyone to have sex at the same time, that is, an orgy?
"all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously."
According to this site's definition, there wouldn't be a harem if the MC has simultaneous romantic relationships with 3 girls but has sex with them only separately, 1 by 1.
Phrasing is poor. Harem indicates consensual relationships with 3 or more persons simultaneously - no requirement for sexual acts with multiple partners simultaneously. The latter would be 'group sex', but that tag is not always applied on this site.

Reactions: Aristos and Meushi

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I was thinking maybe English isn't the Dev's first language. maybe it's outfit instead of dress.
Dunno. But I do know that gooooooogle translate did NOT produce this from the dev's patreon post here and it's sentence structure and grammar are just fine. Considering how long the mass amount of grammatical issues have persisted, it would seem prudent to hire a proof reader. It is what it is.

Reactions: Skeltom

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Dunno. But I do know that gooooooogle translate did NOT produce this from the dev's patreon post here and it's sentence structure and grammar are just fine. Considering how long the mass amount of grammatical issues have persisted, it would seem prudent to hire a proof reader. It is what it is.
It may very well have insulted TLG, but I basically stated that the game could be great and offered my services to edit and proofread. Also to fix some of the terrible plot holes. You know it is weird, I usually hate games with plots that have issues, and bad writing, but I was sucked in on this one a fair bit. I blame Jenny lol.
Peace

Tkoyama

Feb 25, 2020
Well, I think I seriously fucked up my save haha. I accepted all possible paths, even though I noticed in the cheat option once a romantic option of a character enabled, and another disabled lol but I only had sex with one of them. I've got a soft heart, man. I don't want to see them sad lol

• Sad
Reactions: Aristos

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Phrasing is poor. Harem indicates consensual relationships with 3 or more persons simultaneously - no requirement for sexual acts with multiple partners simultaneously. The latter would be 'group sex', but that tag is not always applied on this site.
Yeah, that seems indeed like the most plausible and logical explanation.
In any case, I stand by what I wrote months ago: this site could use a "full harem" tag separate from the current harem tag to point out that in the former you will be able to have relationships with as many women as you want from the cast, while the latter only allows a restricted number of simultaneous relationships (at least 3).
I've also mentioned that before: the dev's writing skills in English are mind-boggling because he's capable of the best and the worst.
I would venture to say that he has a pretty decent level of English, yet during his learning process some grammatical or syntactic errors became fossilized (that's the exact term in linguistics) and he can't for the life of him get rid of them, e.g. past simple instead of present simple and vice versa.

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Again,
I reached out to him. I would not re-write this thing for free, but I have experience in cleaning up AVN. Furthermore, I know of two ways to make his scenario a bit less flakey and far-fetched. I believe I, or any half way decent author could salvage the mess that this is plot and linguistically speaking, and turn it into a huge money maker.

For one thing, the MC is a lot more likeable, at least potentially, than 99% of the college boy meets college girls and assorted milfs stories- Looking at DPC there. The basic bones of the story are there, and could be salvaged. If TLG reads this, I hope he considers my offer to help.

This is not currently a true harem game, and the way it seems to be set up with the various variables, I really doubt that without some serious re-scripting, it just won't be possible for a full on harem.

Now, personally, I am good with that. Those who want a true harem though, are going to have to either wait and see if there is some serious modding-looking at you Sancho1969 :D or just plain or rewrites.

I think it is far too much work to do pro bono. Certainly I wouldn't want to take this on unless I got a percentage stake in the game. Who knows though!? If Aristos is right and he actually knows English as a second language, and can fix the pickle his scripting has created to try and salvage the good bones and turn this to a platinum award winner, then maybe....... Naw... Fuck that. If he could do that, why would he have it as sloppy and fucked up as it is now LOL?

Well, we shall see!
Peace my friends

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Now, personally, I am good with that. Those who want a true harem though, are going to have to either wait and see if there is some serious modding-looking at you Sancho1969 :D or just plain or rewrites.
Nah, I'll pass. The dynamic ChoiceGuide will always let you know what the choices will award the player, and what it could have awarded and why it won't. That's philosophically different that a script story plot rewrite. I haven't (to date) ever changed any scripting of any dev as my purpose with SanchoMod is to enhance their product vision not deprecate it into some other beast entirely. It's just my MO with my particular current mod product.

At the end of the day if someone wanted to make this a kinetic novel out of this VN then take out all the jumps and synchronize the scene orders then... bam, instant harem-fest :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
BTW folks, I apologize for the delay releasing the mod but other VN's I already have distributed keep dropping updates so I had to pause and work on them. I've been at it for 14+ hrs a day so it's not due to lack of effort for sure. I have another that just fucking dropped a couple hours ago so I have to know it out but if I remember correctly I was simply honing the SanchoCheats section (which was giving me a few fits, ain't gonna lie) but was relatively 99.9% done. It'll be soon so folks can play around with it and insure it's bulletproof in preparation for Ch6. That's the goal anyway. Regards.

4.10 star(s) 232 Votes