lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Well, I pledged £2 to call him out - politely, I might add - and was promptly blocked. So he can avoid questions but not provide updates.

I really, really hope people don't continue to support this person. There were comments from people in the last update who'd posted in the demo release. It's sad to think they've been subscribed to them for so long.

Fool and money, etc etc... but still.
So, the "honest", "serious" and "true" dev psychodelusional doesn't even stand reply a call from a supporter? This tell way more about his character than been scamming people for 2 years with the promisse of a release of a game. In the cry baby post he made in february, where he play the "mental health" card to appeal to patron's pity, he said he will reply who DM him on patreon. But, it's seems another lie from him.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Hajtand

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
So, the "honest", "serious" and "true" dev psychodelusional doesn't even stand reply a call from a supporter? This tell way more about his character than been scamming people for 2 years with the promisse of a release of a game. In the cry baby post he made in february, where he play the "mental health" card to appeal to patron's pity, he said he will reply who DM him on patreon. But, it's seems another lie from him.
While it is entertaining to make fun of his ridiculous excuses and those who believe in them. I'll play the devil's advocate for a bit, though I ask you guys, to keep in mind. This is far from what I believe to be the likely scenario.

From my comprehension of the situation he sold the first perioid 1½ years ca. as a period to study 3d modelling. Had he made everthing from scratch in blender and not daz studio. I'd find that more likely, but let's get along with this for the sake of the argument. He was already way over his head before the demo was released. The scope of the project and the work needed was leagues above what he first imagined. Putting himself in a bind with the promises to his supporters and the mixture of guilt and pride he has (in this "argument"). The expectations he has to himself, makes him constantly change minute things back and forth. Things that probably didn't need to be changed in the first place. Making mountains out of mole hills. The perceived problems standing out to him like an eyesore.
All of these aspects could explain the constant movement of the deadlines.

He could have people to look after his Patreon while he focuses on his work. These people know how much it stresses him and how close he is to an actual release. After dozens of people trolled on the Patreon page a less tolerable stance could be had towards people who call him out.

All of this was hypothetical. Even in this most positive case. Everything still points to him needing to pull his head out of his ass. The poor excuses and numerous missed deadlines with little to no insight for his supporters into the development. Is an outright insult towards the intelligence of anyone, who might consider supporting him.

He could have engaged more openly with people, as I have argued numerous times. Building trust in his supporters and general audience in leau of an actual product. Should his efforts have been genuine and everything be hindered by the sheer work load.

Reactions: Lovv99

Rancioman

Jun 17, 2017
They deleted me a post too. Reason: off topic

I don't think that talking about a developer of a game on the thread of his game is off topic. I really wish I could talk about the game, but I can't because there is no game, because the "demo" is more a trailer than a demo and it is all there is in almost three years. I'm sorry I can't talk about the game, but I'll be happy to when the developer delivers one instead of apologize saying that he can't meet the deadlines he promised because he didn't sleept well

Last edited:

PePeTheCoCk

Apr 6, 2020
Well, I pledged £2 to call him out - politely, I might add - and was promptly blocked. So he can avoid questions but not provide updates.

I really, really hope people don't continue to support this person. There were comments from people in the last update who'd posted in the demo release. It's sad to think they've been subscribed to them for so long.

No wonder, he is another greedy totalitarian dev.
Against truth & freedom of speech.

Reactions: Lovv99

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
They deleted me a post too. Reason: off topic

I don't think that talking about a developer of a game on the thread of his game is off topic. I really wish I could talk about the game, but I can't because there is no game, because the "demo" is more a trailer than a demo and it is all there is in almost three years. I'm sorry I can't talk about the game, but I'll be happy to when the developer delivers one instead of apologize saying that he can't meet the deadlines he promised because he didn't sleept well
They deleted some of my posts as well. No biggie. Happens to all of us once in a while. The fact of the matter however is that talking about this scam of a dev who had other games who also ended up with nothing but a cash grab has given him a reputation of his own choices and work ethics is not off topic.

It is right on topic. As we should discuss and debate the game presented. Problem is how do you discuss a game that doesn't exist aside from the devs imagination? The demo? How many years ago was that exactly? If i don't work for 3 years i don't have the luxury of posting anything anywhere as i would sit on the streets begging for money.

The fact that patreon doesn't ignite a fire under his ass is baffling to me. Ofc they make money off him but by that logic every scammer would come to patreon and soon the reputation of patreon would go downhill at the speed of light. I reported the guy on patreon i think 20 times already. And the guy is still there.

I do not mind if you take a year or more to produce a game. Hell even years as other patreon devs have done in the past. But they at least showed you alpha footage, or game concepts or something so you had the proof that they where doing something on a weekly basis. All we get from this dude is "in two weeks, next week, in three weeks, trust me, I am working on it etc."

If words are enough we all should make a patreon page stating "we produce nothing but for 9,95$ we could pretend for you" and cash in big time. :ROFLMAO:

josh963

Mar 5, 2020

Very cowardly what this dude did! He doesn’t have balls to answear simple questions, and even blocking this who does that! In my country this dude would be in jail for receiving money and doesn’t deliver the promissed product in a reasonable time if anyone complainted him about it.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
This:
I do not mind if you take a year or more to produce a game. Hell even years as other patreon devs have done in the past. But they at least showed you alpha footage, or game concepts or something so you had the proof that they where doing something on a weekly basis. All we get from this dude is "in two weeks, next week, in three weeks, trust me, I am working on it etc."
Punching Donut was on a much smaller scale in a situation like Psychodelusional was... except for he has a relative large and expansive game which has only seen half the development time. Yet it has custom assets, it's an action sidescroller in unity, with its own combat system, and it has a male lead.

What I mean to say is:
Punching Donut was late with an update. Stuff happened and he wanted to add more and more. On the day of the deadline he did post a WIP release on his discord. He was honest with how the update was far from done and that it was buggy. He did it, as to show he wasn't trying to mislead anyone. The update wasn't properly tested because of the deadline and with how he had underestimated the work load. He came to the conclusion, he had to cut back, what he wanted in the update and instead finished the update in the following weeks. He regretfully announced some of the stuff as coming in the next update.

Had psychodelusional posted a WIP release in August or September people would have had a lot more understanding with the situation. Had he done a dev stream or something it would also have helped. Had there just been weekly tidbits of what is going on with the development, it would have helped. I don't mean lame wallpapers or poor excuses, but actual details of the devlopment itself and screenshots of him working a scene that is not too spoilery... anything. I'm in complete agreement with you.

Last edited:

Arcanw

Jan 26, 2021
RECENT INCOME FLUCTUATION

25 feb Patreon income $919.87
27 feb Patreon income $901.63 (fall)
28 feb Dev published 2 new photos
28 feb Patreon income $949.27 (increase)
1st Mar Patreon income $887 (fall)
2nd Mar Patreon income $801 (fall)
3rd Mar Patreon income $888 (increase ) - # 219
4th Mar Patreon income $898 (increase ) - # 221
7th Mar Patreon income $919 (increase ) - # 228
10th Mar Patreon income $949 (increase ) - # 234
13th Mar Patreon income $971 (increase ) - # 240
25th May Patreon income $2434 (increase ) - # 432
20th jun Patreon income $2592 (increase ) - # 449
24th jun Patreon income $2509 (fall) - # 455
30th jun Patreon income $2396 (fall) - # 473
15th july Patreon income $2314 (fall) - # 412
26th july Patreon income $2400 (increase) - # 442
1st Aug Patreon income $2075 (fall) - # 459
18th Aug Patreon income $2224 (increase) - # 407
27th Aug Patreon income $2318 (increase) - # 439
4th Sep Patreon income $1967 (Fall) - # 356
19th Sep Patreon income $2107 (Increase) - # 402
1st Oct Patreon income $1906 (Fall) - # 425
11th Oct Patreon income $1951 (Increase) - # 363
17th Oct Patreon income $2015 (Increase) - # 380
24th Oct Patreon income $2166 (Increase) - # 398
6th Nov Patreon income $1848 (Fall) - # ??? (16180 SEK)
14th Nov Patreon income $2079 (Increase) - # 382

Last edited:

Arcanw

Jan 26, 2021
STATUS OVERVIEW - 4 (NOT: Some (Over 40 or more) posts are being deleted from forum)

Brief version of each report and some notes from each report.

13th MARCH : https://f95zone.to/threads/apocalust-psychodelusional-discussion-thread.33873/post-5314213

TARGETS
-15th March: launch trailer or at least a quick progress update - announced by Dev on 28th feb
-31st March : v0.1 will be released ( Either the trailer + a tester version) - announced by Dev on 28th feb

25th May https://f95zone.to/threads/apocalust-scene-demo-psychodelusional.79552/post-5841443

- 3-4 weeks working on main story in order to complete 0.1 version (from 22nd May) FAILED

30th JUNE : https://f95zone.to/threads/apocalust-scene-demo-psychodelusional.79552/post-6082857

- - 0.1 version release not before 22nd June 2021 FAILED

26th July
https://f95zone.to/threads/apocalust-scene-demo-psychodelusional.79552/post-6257210

- The rest of the content with sandbox completed inside of next month. <- Again, even if I get the first goal done, if I cannot get this done in the following month I will just pause the pledges in April as well (FAILED)

19th Aug
https://f95zone.to/threads/apocalust-scene-demo-psychodelusional.79552/post-6432760

- At least single release will be done early September. Target Early release September- FAILED

- Dev focus on Perkins for 0.03 and her content is already a ways in ------ ???????????

30th Aug https://f95zone.to/threads/apocalust-scene-demo-psychodelusional.79552/post-6504253

- There will for sure be a release next month,(September) - FAILED

9th September
https://f95zone.to/threads/apocalust-scene-demo-psychodelusional.79552/post-6601280

- Dev tries to get Evelyn’s content in two weeks from now, but again, Dev assumes probably be 20-30% longer as this is almost always the case ( Target Evelyn’s content : End of September) - (Failure with 19th August : Early September release target)

- - Dev is hopping when dev focuses on content and keep actually getting good stuff the next 2-6 weeks with content that is somewhat predictable in quality/features/length and not trip up over myself constantly.

- - the last progress update before 0.02 FAILED

24th September
https://f95zone.to/threads/apocalust-scene-demo-psychodelusional.79552/post-6683971

- Next version will be first week of October -FAILED

- -There will be 2 sets on October FAILED

8th October
https://f95zone.to/threads/apocalust-scene-demo-psychodelusional.79552/post-6735300

- 0.02 is delayed

- - Dev doesnt want to give a date. Because Dev is not able to achieve target date until now

16th October https://f95zone.to/threads/apocalust-scene-demo-psychodelusional.79552/post-6770663

- After content is out , Dev will focus on Ava`s stuff for 2 weeks try to get it done ---- (Content hasnot been out until now)
- Dev will be quite in patreon because Dev thinks. next post needs to be release FAILED

29th October
https://f95zone.to/threads/apocalust-scene-demo-psychodelusional.79552/post-6862111

- Dev is not dead
- Dev is working on update . Dev should be done shortly

7th November https://f95zone.to/threads/apocalust-scene-demo-psychodelusional.79552/post-6913559

-
- update is coming later next week or weekend ( suppose until 14th november) FAILED

Recall: ( previous version was initial demo version which was released 13th April 2021)

MP-Max

Jun 28, 2018
I am very worried, not about this update that I think will be out this week. I know that the next mini update will be ready at least in four months.

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
I am very worried, not about this update that I think will be out this week. I know that the next mini update will be ready at least in four months.
you should feel more worried that despite a thread full of negative criticism we fail to block this dev

Reactions: PePeTheCoCk

JESparrow

Sep 16, 2020
Its so shitty that good games like Being Super, Undercover Love dev combined don't earn half of what this scammer earns.

3.90 star(s) 137 Votes