SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
Welcome to gaming communities. Two updates from now everyone will be talking about how the new update is trash compared to how great this update is. I've seen this shit a million times. Final Fantasy 9 was trash until Final Fantasy 10 came out. Then Final Fantasy 10 was trash that didn't live up to how great 9 was. And then Final Fantasy 12 was trash that didn't live up to how great Final Fantasy 10 was.
to some extent i would agree with your sentiment in general, but the replay value on this specific episode is low as hell and if you actually do multiple playthroughs it is very tedious. its sooo unlikely that DPC makes a similarly chore driven episode 10, that this one will likely stand out indefinitely as one of the worst stand alone episodes to play.

next episode is probably better by default IMO

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Just finished the update, played 4 runs(not interested in Josy/Maya/Josy+Maya runs).
Overall the update is big on character interactions(DIK is one of if not the largest cast of characters I played on this site).
Plot was slow and subtle, with a few things that get resolved and new mysteries to resolve.
I'd say the update was more than fine, next update will probably be more consequence heavy and less mini games.
I don't mind every 3 chapters there being a big mini game, as long as the characters are fun.

I play BaDIK for the humor and various cast, so it was fun for me.
The replays were fast with SKIP so it's not such a chore as some make it out to be.

haunsa

Apr 23, 2021
Just finished the update, played 4 runs(not interested in Josy/Maya/Josy+Maya runs).
Overall the update is big on character interactions(DIK is one of if not the largest cast of characters I played on this site).
Plot was slow and subtle, with a few things that get resolved and new mysteries to resolve.
I'd say the update was more than fine, next update will probably be more consequence heavy and less mini games.
I don't mind every 3 chapters there being a big mini game, as long as the characters are fun.

I play BaDIK for the humor and various cast, so it was fun for me.
The replays were fast with SKIP so it's not such a chore as some make it out to be.
i mean bella and jill are both HEAVY chick pathed u would have no regrets playing brother. Dont get me wrong dik paths are more fun but your missing 2 big ML.

haunsa

Apr 23, 2021
Welcome to gaming communities. Two updates from now everyone will be talking about how the new update is trash compared to how great this update is. I've seen this shit a million times. Final Fantasy 9 was trash until Final Fantasy 10 came out. Then Final Fantasy 10 was trash that didn't live up to how great 9 was. And then Final Fantasy 12 was trash that didn't live up to how great Final Fantasy 10 was.
agree but disagree some games deserve there shit in the FF series 13 was universally bad 12 had a bad story great systems people have what u call favoritism to what they enjoy more then anything else.

cameddie

Oct 24, 2017
Do you play the party planner game multiple times during this chapter. I only played it once and I got terrible results...

haunsa

Apr 23, 2021
Do you play the party planner game multiple times during this chapter. I only played it once and I got terrible results...
based on what where seeing atleast once more and if u need help with paths couple of us have screeen shots that cant help ya with roots.

zerozip0

May 23, 2018

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
You play it once in Episode 9. As a rough guideline, if you can satisfy at least 3 needs for all characters (can be 2 needs for one of them) then you should be golden, i.e. S-rank when it comes to the final rating. That's with all 3 party activities, if you skip on these then overall rating will be lower, and your guests might complain as well.

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
Four other random things:
- Rooster posts kinda disappointed me - I love to comment those things and I couldn't for the 1st batch of the posts. Also felt like DrPinkCake was too much restrainted with the fact that he wanted the costumes to be a surprise.
- Why tease those dorm girls so much if we can't do much with them. Also felt like my DIK on other path was a lot more restrainted than previously. Even thought he didn't need to be.
- Too much time spent on a fucking Leon, I get it, he got betrayed and got dressed as a Lily. Big punchline of the whole joke is that Jaime was supposed to be Envy. Hilarious! (no)
- Why Nick didn't talk, like at all. I was so shocked to find him behind the clown mask.

haunsa

Apr 23, 2021
I don't have trouble understanding the game. Just getting into it after the initial round.
by roots i mean like the boards i have screen shots for the discord with mutli layout boards for 7.25 to x8 for maxed results on party but at end of EP how u pick more items AGAIN says where playing this mini game again.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes