schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
I don't think the end of BaDIK will be sophisticated art by any means. It will be closer to 21 jump street than Double Indemnity, that's for sure. And without outside help, I can't really see DPC resolve some of the story arcs. They fight organized crime, an institution and a bunch of extremly wealthy people so far. I think it's fairly save to expect wackiness.

I might be wrong about Lily though, we'll see.
The theory of Lily being an undercover cop has come up a few times in the past, you're certainly not alone there and I'd agree, they way she acts is kinda sus. A reject that instantly puts in that much effort just for a bit of campus clout? I don't know. Something's up, we'll see.

Reactions: Éama

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
Hey Casiope, will you be updating your WT?
I'm already at work updating my guide but, due to my busy job and the upcoming celebrations, I think it will take several weeks.

Dr PinkCake's new release brings the most complex episode in terms of writing because of the number of paths, conditions, and flashbacks. To produce a clear review without missing anything is a challenge.

The structure of episode 9 is similar to that of episode 8, but with way more characters to interact with, in a same place and through different time frames. My focus is to restore a somewhat linearity in this overloaded setup.

Valvette

Apr 19, 2018
Does pink do everything solo? With all the branches having their own storyline and animations I feel the updates are going to take longer if he decides to take them all at once (Unless they merge together like S1 and 2) or update each storyline one by one which will frustrate people because their favorite character isn't getting updated.

Idk, love this game but man S3 just expands everything where I feel it'll be overwhelming to do everything alone.

Reactions: buggs

buggs

Apr 24, 2020
Those can be made much smaller like Ep2's and still progress the minigame, which considering the number of perks available how much DPC talked about the system and love of making minigames, will not be going away anytime soon.
I hope so, but if every party is even as long as like the Prep, HOT, or Dorm parties, it will still be too long imo. I'd be fine if some of them were, but I don't want a party at the DIK house taking up a quarter of the episode every episode.
Because so far I don't see the point in points and in his complex system of perks if the player plans only one party per episode. In order for there to be a tangible progression like in some RPG game, there should be much more parties.
I actually disagree with this. If there is one party per episode, that would be about 6 more perks to be selected before the final party (assuming there are going to be 16 episodes in the game). Including this episode that would mean you would have a total of 8 perks for the final party. I think that's a reasonable number of perks, you don't need to be able to get every single perk, in fact you probably shouldn't be able to. There's only 12 perks so 8 is 2/3 of them.

The bigger issue with the perk system is just how essential some of them are vs the others. I doubt anyone didn't pick the no cups for beer perk this episode, it saves like a quarter of the spaces on the board. Food not requiring trashcans is probably the next most obvious one, and the liquor one might be the next, eliminating things that take up spaces is just too OP.

The cheaper drugs and kegs ones are pretty weak comparatively, especially the drug one which you usually only need 1 of and is an easy sacrifice if you need to because some DIKs don't even want drugs at the party. The ones that raise the budget will only be used if you need it and the happiness ones are lower priority. At least that's how I see it.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Is it wrong I always send Tommy out solo on jobs that involve dating an ugly daughter, cleaning a septic tank, or dealing with diarrhea dogs, even if the house still needs repaired?
No, but I can't be bothered to waste time, I just put whoever has the skills to complete the job. But on my latest run through I turned mini games off so you don't have to sort it out.

buggs

Apr 24, 2020
Clickable? I can't remember to clicked on a special render during any scenes and I've found them all without a guide.
Yeah, the magazine on the floor in the first scene with Tommy and Jacob for example and the magazine on the floor at the end in the montage the day after the party behind the ninja/ghost. There's more than that too, one during the dialogue screen when you flip the breaker in the basement, for example.

buggs

Apr 24, 2020
Anyone know who the guy in the firefighter costume was? I thought he kinda looked like Riona's stalker, but I thought that guy was a bit taller and less scrawny. I couldn't tell tho, maybe he's just a new character.

Zorad

Nov 2, 2017
An interesting observation. What really pissed off Sage? After unsuccessful sex, we see how she speaks to the MC and her reaction is peaceful and supportive. She holds his hand, caresses it a little. View attachment 2253520
She is not worried about interrupted sex, she sees that the MC feels uncomfortable and tries to support him.
Sage instantly changes his behavior when the conversation turns to their biological parents. He tries to ask Sage about her real mother. At this moment, she begins to get nervous - her face changes and her eyes begin to run. After that, she has an anger moment.
It looks like it's a very bad memory for some reason. She may have had terrible parents, but this version raises questions because Sage kept her original last name Morgan from them. If they were a terrible family, she wouldn't have done it.
The second version is that something terrible happened to her parents. Maybe they were killed, or died in some kind of disaster. And for Sage still, many years later, these memories are hard to come by, so she interrupted the conversation with a scene.
I used to think that some kind of tragedy happened to them, since she still keeps their name. In this scene she also tells us that her surname is the only thing that connects her to her real parents, and it also gives her a sense of identity.

But one thing makes me a little unsure about the theory that her parents were just regular people:
1671660340498.png

If she really had a normal and happy family, why doesn't she want to imagine what it would have been like if she was never rescued? What "life" is she referencing to?

Was she talking about living the life of an orphan? Were her parents criminals and got arrested/killed? Were they drug addicts (this one would be too much like Quinn so I don't think so)? Did they abuse her regularly? Or were they just terrible and absent parents?
Maybe she kept Morgan because she really felt the "need" to be someone different and independent, not because she had good memories with them.

The only theory, aside from the tragedy ones, that I have in mind right now that goes against this "bad parents" thing is that they lived a life of extreme poverty and her parents couldn't possibly take care of her, so they put her in a foster home in hopes that someone would adopt her someday and give her a better chance at life. This would also justify her choice of keeping Morgan.

chronomate

Jun 5, 2020
For those who have dissected the game code, is Jill's "orgasm timer" the only timer-based event in the game? Any other hidden tidbits that require you to let a certain amount of time pass? I'd be curious but it's not really something you can test blindly.

Reactions: hawk784563

aykarin

Aug 3, 2019
I see that many people here suspect Nick to be a "double agent" on the basis that 1) he was a close friend of Vinny, 2) his room was left untouched during the attack in episode 5. But these are the only clues. I don't agree that he 'acts suspicious' or anything like that. He is just a calm and collected guy. If he was a double agent working with Vinny (who obviously tries to destroy the DIKs out of revenge), Vinny wouldn't omit his room in order not to arouse suspicions. I think Vinny, when he attacked the DIK mansion, didn't touch Nick's room only because of their past friendship. From various conversations with Nick throughout the game we learn that he was never directly involved in the conflict with Vinny. Vinny left because of conflict with Tommy and, maybe, Rusty. It's very probable that while he holds a grudge against the DIKs as a fraternity, he doesn't hate Nick specifically.

Also, regarding the camera in janitor's closet/Derek's room, it's pretty obvious that Vinny is the one in control. He used a picture taken from there as part of what he anonymously sent to Dawe and Chad at the end of episode 2. His goal is to destroy the DIKs and one of the ways to do that is to constantly provoke further conflict between them and the jocks.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes