Jan 24, 2018
Hey guys, i've been away for a while, does anyone have a torrent link for ep9? also i don't have any save files on this pc, would that be a problem for starting on ep9? i was on sage's path on my last save after the interlude if that matters at all.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Funny, I absolutely love those drinking and fence-painting minigames. The ones I hate are the math ones where I don't understand the solution, and the English ones, where I have a timelimit, and have to think up words. I often just look at the walkthrough for the English ones, but I do try to put in an effort for the math ones. It's a pity, he said the math was being redone.
But then again, it only works when his math logic is constant. I just redid the mid-term math part in episode 8 and one of the questions (no 3) went against the logic he used previously. Without something to establish the new rules, it becomes impossible to solve. And I think I remember there has been a previous one that also didn't really work.

Roundell

Sep 16, 2022
I second this. I personally hate the minigames in any VN. Even the fight minigames.I play them in Unbroken because it's a huge part of the game,it being an MMA based game and it has an impact on the story and the MC's MMA career. But here it's just grinding for nothing. Same with the money stuff u mentioned. I play this game for the story and the characters, not to grind for nothing when I could just get that shit through a mod with no hassle.

The Chik/Dik system is cool and I don't mind it but that's only because I'm playing with a mod. Without it the system would suck ass. Like in the beginning of episode 1 if you're more of a chik u can't push Chad, u can only call for security like a little bitch and If you're more on the dik side u can't hug Maya. simple shit like that is effected by this system so I'd rather not play this game again without a mod.
I like the CHIK/DIK system, but it's too limitative. If you are a DIK, you can only compliment girls with a "You are hot" and you will get negative points with most of the girls... Being DIK doesn't mean being an idiot and not knowing how to talk to a girl. If you are a CHIK, you won't be able to propose sex to the the HOTs... Why? The system should be different. If you fuck all girls around, that will return at some point to bite your ass if you are into Jill's or Bella's path. If you are the male version of Jill, Quinn or Lily will think that you are just looking for a girlfriend and aren't fun, and wouldn't be interested in you. That part of the system is OK. But that's all. I don't like that if you play as a DIK you are forced to behave in a way, and if you play as a CHIK, in another different way.

You can even change from DIK to CHIK a lot of times in a gameplay so far, so you can start your gameplay as a gentle well-mannered and a bit shy boy with a crush, that only have sex with girls that has feeling for, then, after a couple of weeks in B&R you can become a rude asshole that loves non-committal sex, be again a gentle boy once you finished hell week, an asshole again before midterms... That's the player creating a character's personality, for DPC? I don't think it's well implemented. I think DPC had a good idea, but didn't know how to make it work really fine in the game. He made it too complex.

I think it's funnier to have more freedom of action, and of course that those actions have consequences later in the game in some key moments as already happens. Luckily, mods allow to play that way if you like.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Nope if he continues releasing only one update every 9 months (if we are lucky). If he hires people to shorten release times, I will.
Well this was because he was switching to a new game. It takes longer time. Usually, he releases twice per year.
And more people working on it will also mean a risk that the quality falls. If you ask people who play College Kings many will say the more that worked on it the more the quality dropped. So it's a question of quantity or quality. Personally, I would rather have the quality stay the same but wait a few months than have faster release but the quality dropping.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020

tg

May 1, 2017
But then again, it only works when his math logic is constant. I just redid the mid-term math part in episode 8 and one of the questions (no 3) went against the logic he used previously. Without something to establish the new rules, it becomes impossible to solve. And I think I remember there has been a previous one that also didn't really work.
Yeah, I meant to say I usually like solving the math ones, but at times, no matter how I stare at it, it doesn't make sense. I can't quote which ones they are, but it's in the episodes /where Cathy is jumping ahead and the character think it's too hard/. I have to guess or look at a guide for the correct answer since I just can't see some of them. But, again, it's a pity they're being done away with. English I could do without.

QuixoteTheDon

May 18, 2017
Just finished Being a DIK Episode 9 Vixens here's my Halloween Party Planner layout, score & grade that I got...
wow.gif

Does anyone ever use the decor bullshit option in this mini game? Who is it for anyway...Nick the Traitor:unsure:

On a side note...

I never noticed that Mona is just Heather but with red hair...
Mona.JPG heather.jpg
Lazy DPC? :WaitWhat:

Jayfcsp

Nov 1, 2017
I think it’s Arieth. At the time he was a mislead for us to think it was Sage’s dad.
Could be, he seems somewhat important, as the preps seem to want to impress him. But yeah, I remember that time I played the episode for the first time, I tought it was Sage's dad. :D

Reactions: always86

Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020
I said it a year ago on this thread I find this game utterly unplayable without a mod. For all the popularity BaDIK has and for all of the amazing renders and features the game posesses, the base DIK/CHICK system is the most egregiously awful i've ever seen. It limits your options to a degree where not only do you miss a ton of content but you also can't really make the MC express himself the way you want to because your score in whichever direction isn't high enough.
Exactly this. This game limits you if u play without a mod and it sucks. I get that DPC did so to get players to play the game multiple times and such which is cool if you're down for that but I'm not. Anyone who has a problem with me using mods needs to get a life honestly. I mean it's my game I can play it however I want.
Or limitations with the scenes that I find absurd. For example, I find stupid to be forced to choose between taking care of Sage when she's with flu and going to a picnic with Jill. IRL, MC would do both, for sure.
The Chik/Dik system is cool and I don't mind it but that's only because I'm playing with a mod. Without it the system would suck ass. Like in the beginning of episode 1 if you're more of a chik u can't push Chad, u can only call for security like a little bitch and If you're more on the dik side u can't hug Maya. simple shit like that is effected by this system so I'd rather not play this game again without a mod.
People are free to use mods if they want to, it's no skin of my nose. But I've got to stick up for the game mechanics a bit in the face of the above criticism. It seems to me the common thread in these complaints is that the unmodded game limits a player's choices. I can understand that if your goal is just to unlock all scenes as quickly as possible then those limits would be frustrating, but if you want to actually play the game in a way that makes the MC a reasonably consistent character whose choices have consequences for the world around him as well as himself, those limits are surely a necessary part of the process.

The DIK/CHICK system is meant to be an approximation of mood and personality. It is far from perfect, of course, and can't ever hope to convey the complexities of a real person's attitude. But there is a logic to the idea that a character who makes certain choices would lean in a certain direction, personality-wise, and respond to situations accordingly, that such a character would be more or less attractive to other characters as a result, and that the choices he makes would open some doors and close others.

If you're reading the situations and the dialogue and thinking about the choices, then some of the limits mentioned above shouldn't be coming as a surprise, in my view, because they mostly make sense within the framework of the game and the personality you've shaped for the MC with choices. A CHICK MC is less likely to want to respond to a situation aggressively, a DIK MC is less likely to want to hug a friend. Of course, we know real people are more complicated than that, but as a rough sketch it's not so unrealistic. I also don't think the choice about whether to go with Jill or take care of Sage is such a far-fetched dilemma the way it's presented, and the consequences of that choice seem about right to me, knowing what we know about Jill's personality in particular.

Each to their own, and mods can certainly have value sometimes, but I get a lot of satisfaction out of knowing the game takes note of my choices and unfolds differently because of them.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Yeah, I meant to say I usually like solving the math ones, but at times, no matter how I stare at it, it doesn't make sense. I can't quote which ones they are, but it's in the episodes /where Cathy is jumping ahead and the character think it's too hard/. I have to guess or look at a guide for the correct answer since I just can't see some of them. But, again, it's a pity they're being done away with. English I could do without.
Yeah, those ones where crazy hard and I remember not understanding some of them too. But I'll miss them because they were fun doing. But I guess it gets harder to make new different ones. I wish he changed the English ones instead.

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes