funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
EP9 was the worst thing I've ever played from DPC and his obsession with improving quality like upping the animation fps has reached an extreme point of diminishing returns where it delays updates (probably quite a lot) completely needlessly, so I think he's a fucking asshole for doing this.
But Badik is also the most entertaining AVN I've played and although his writing can be flawed, his characterization skills are second to none in the medium, so that's why I keep coming back.

See? I can complain about DPC and praise the game at the same time, I don't need to constantly be sucking his dick to be able to talk about it and post here.
I can't disagree with much you have stated, except for the 60FPS statement.

ElectronicRoberts made a comprehensive breakdown of dev time required for this change and it basically boiled down to a small not so noticeable increase in production time. barely worth mentioning.

At first it was my "knee-jerk" reaction to look at it negatively, but the logistics of the breakdown clearly showed the impact of that change being rather minimal. Simply put, increasing the FPS doesn't mean twice as many frames needed to to be rendered. Because the "in between" frames (originally referred as "tweening" frames) are not typically produced manually.

I'll try and find his original post describing it properly (he had made graphs and charts that made it super easy to understand). Unless he sees this post and has it handy to re-post it again. :)

EDIT:
FOUND IT!

Original post 60FPS breakdown

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
That's because in reality Josy is a side girl.

lololololol just kidding.

Seriously though, I asked Felice this so I'll ask you too. Do you think DPC will do anything with the ep10 scene where Josy is re inventing herself online? Could this be the start of an actual Josy path or just more teasing?
She definitely picking up a new hobby :LOL: , what is that gonna be who know. episode 11 gonna be the 3rd episode of the season, and the last 3rd episode of a season was episode 7, that was a good Josy episode, so, am a bit optimistic, first of all this is the first time when Josy and Maya are seperated on the title screen montage.

and the top of that, that scene in episode 9 with oscar was not a throw away scene just for an affinity choice, but it has a follow up, if was more for Josy.
He actually wrote a scene where an another character point out to a Main character, that "Hey nothing really going on with you". so Yeah I think he is aware that so far he not really did anything with her yet.

I always said he has a good opportunity with Josy , in a way , he can have a bit freedom with her to take her any direction, because we barely knew her.
She not really have an established personality or characteristic like the other girls, not that is actually matter to much, if we honest, I mean just think of Jill, first season did not implyed at all that she is a Naiv idiot childe :LOL:

its often felt like he still try to figuring out her, how to write her, evident of this can be seen in her character. In once she is extremely hot, naughty , adventurous, confident, smart, we saw evidence of these
. and then in an another second, she insecure, afraid of this afraid of that, a random asshole totally break her confident in herself.

I always took this as signs of DPC try to figure her out. what road he gonna take is gonna be interesting, and the reactions of the fans too

She already has 2 "controversial " scene in episode 10, that put her in to a blacklist for some.
one is the infamous blue lingerie scene, which is way out blown out of proportion.
I had my takes on it, first of all the first time she do something that she know it migh be wrong but she doing it for herself , she get hate for it. ( ridiculous :LOL:. ) I mean, its not like she not had plenty of time to already cheat on maya, and she not did it yet , and not during that scene either
But also,
A , in others path it does not matter,
and B, if MC is in a relationship, with someone else, He should not been there in the first place, not with Maya either. on the other hand it's likely just further planting the seed of Josy and Maya breaking up, if MC is not part of their relationship no matter what.
Now if we part of it Who know? But Sage also get 2 way to get on her path, and Josy and Maya were the first crossroad way before anyone else, so every road leads to Rome.

and the other infamous scenario, is that , she is the only one who react badly for the break up , which is the only realistic one anyway , considering She's the only one who actually has feeling for the guy, beside Zoey, making her and Zoey the 2 canon girl.
but these two scenario was enough for some to lose their shit, :ROFLMAO:

so Yeah I definitely think there's gonna be some change for her , and as I said what direction, and how some will react is the question. and may be that is why dpc hesitant, I mean as I said , look what these two scenario did with some sensitive folks, she aperently worse then a fucking drug dealer who manipulate other girls to prostitution . :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Lexkar83 and DavDR

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
She definitely picking up a new hobby :LOL: , what is that gonna be who know. episode 11 gonna be the 3rd episode of the season, and the last 3rd episode of a season was episode 7, that was a good Josy episode, so, am a bit optimistic, first of all this is the first time when Josy and Maya are seperated on the title screen montage.

and the top of that, that scene in episode 9 with oscar was not a throw away scene just for an affinity choice, but it has a follow up, if was more for Josy.
He actually wrote a scene where an another character point out to a Main character, that "Hey nothing really going on with you". so Yeah I think he is aware that so far he not really did anything with her yet.

I always said he has a good opportunity with Josy , in a way , he can have a bit freedom with her to take her any direction, because we barely knew her.
She not really have an established personality or characteristic like the other girls, not that is actually matter to much, if we honest, I mean just think of Jill, first season did not implyed at all that she is a Naiv idiot childe :LOL:

its often felt like he still try to figuring out her, how to write her, evident of this can be seen in her character. In once she is extremely hot, naughty , adventurous, confident, smart, we saw evidence of these
. and then in an another second, she insecure, afraid of this afraid of that, a random asshole totally break her confident in herself.

I always took this as signs of DPC try to figure her out. what road he gonna take is gonna be interesting, and the reactions of the fans too

She already has 2 "controversial " scene in episode 10, that put her in to a blacklist for some.
one is the infamous blue lingerie scene, which is way out blown out of proportion.
I had my takes on it, first of all the first time she do something that she know it migh be wrong but she doing it for herself , she get hate for it. ( ridiculous :LOL:. ) I mean, its not like she not had plenty of time to already cheat on maya, and she not did it yet , and not during that scene either
But also,
A , in others path it does not matter,
and B, if MC is in a relationship, with someone else, He should not been there in the first place, not with Maya either. on the other hand it's likely just further planting the seed of Josy and Maya breaking up, if MC is not part of their relationship no matter what.
Now if we part of it Who know? But Sage also get 2 way to get on her path, and Josy and Maya were the first crossroad way before anyone else, so every road leads to Rome.

and the other infamous scenario, is that , she is the only one who react badly for the break up , which is the only realistic one anyway , considering She's the only one who actually has feeling for the guy, beside Zoey, making her and Zoey the 2 canon girl.
but these two scenario was enough for some to lose their shit, :ROFLMAO:

so Yeah I definitely think there's gonna be some change for her , and as I said what direction, and how some will react is the question. and may be that is why dpc hesitant, I mean as I said , look what these two scenario did with some sensitive folks, she aperently worse then a fucking drug dealer who manipulate other girls to prostitution . :ROFLMAO:
I actually agree with you about DPC not knowing what to do with Josy.

Josy is important in ep1, being the character that introduces us to the story and everything that happens after but DPC seems to downplay her as soon as Maya is introduced.

I'm not entirely convinced that this because he's unsure of what to do with the character. There should be some significance to making her one of the five official LI. He does have a habit of dropping characters and plot devices though when he's finished with them, Mona and Sage's guitar lessons are just two examples. But then why that scene in ep5 where Josy tells MC that she wanted him but was too afraid? (On rejected/friends path with M&J) And why is it so easy to miss that scene?

If we see him build off of the ep10 scene in ep11 I think that will be a pretty strong indicator that he intends to finally create a path for Josy. What that path will be I hardly dare to guess. If we don't see another scene then I think we're just going to be stuck with more MayaMayaMaya, at least until well on into Season 4.

Reactions: L1m1tl3ss

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
I wouldn't say the animations in the game are CG. They don't have any special effects and they're pretty basic. I think there's a difference between animations made with professional software like Cinema 4D and the ones in this game. It's hard for me to believe it takes so long to make those simple animations.
I'm not sure I'm reading you right, but you appear to be saying that you don't think the animations in the game are computer generated. Are they acted out by real people then? Special effects are not part of the conversation - CGI (computer generated imagery) is used in a lot of special effects, but it's also used for lots of other things. It's literally just the process of creating images (still or animated) using imaging software.

It doesn't matter if you believe it takes long or not, it doesn't change the fact that it does take a long time. There are several posts in this thread from more knowledgeable people than you or I that detail the number of renders and the time these take. Alternatively, you can easily do a quick Google search and find out how long it takes to render animations.

Reactions: L1m1tl3ss
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes