Reinzack6

Sep 7, 2020
Guys, newbie question here. I've caught on the story on the last update, so i don't know how some things work here when a new version is out.

I have a save with the modded game. Will it work with just the update, or do I have to download the full game again? If I download, would my modded save work?
Also, can i just wait for the mod update, then it will work normally in game and I can just continue with my save state? (just done this in CoBD)

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Guys, newbie question here. I've caught on the story on the last update, so i don't know how some things work here when a new version is out.

I have a save with the modded game. Will it work with just the update, or do I have to download the full game again? If I download, would my modded save work?
Also, can i just wait for the mod update, then it will work normally in game (just done this in CoBD)?
If you are modded you’re saves won’t work.

Back your saves up.

Install a clean version of the game (I think the 5.2 version in this thread is pre modded)

Install 6.0

Reinstall the mod.

Put your saves back in place.

Mod will probably take a day or two to update for 6.0 content, but you should be able to use the existing mod to unlock your saves

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

Also, can i just wait for the mod update, then it will work normally in game and I can just continue with my save state? (just done this in CoBD)
The patch won't work with a modded game nor will modded saves work with a clean version of the game. You will need a clean version of the game and your 2 options are:
  1. Download the full 11GB version of the game on Friday
  2. Download the clean 0.5.0 either from this torrent or one of these DDL links then you can just download the 3GB patch.
Since modded saves files don't work with a clean version, you have a few options on how to deal with this:
  1. Start the game again from the beginning (gallery unlocks should still be there and you should be able to skip through until Ep 6) and make all new clean saves
  2. Use the "mod error" fix linked in the OP and hope it still works for Ep 6, if not, then you can wait for it to be updated
  3. Wait until the mod is updated and then apply it and your modded saves from before should still work.
I'd recommend getting and keeping a clean version of the game, even if you just keep the zip file for the game, as it will be easier in the long run to have a clean version that you can apply each patch to and then to have a modded copy of the game.

Reinzack6

Sep 7, 2020
If you are modded you’re saves won’t work.

Back your saves up.

Install a clean version of the game (I think the 5.2 version in this thread is pre modded)

Install 6.0

Reinstall the most.

Put your saves back in place.

Mod will probably take a day or two to update for 6.0 content, but you should be able to use the existing mod to unlock your saves
The patch won't work with a modded game nor will modded saves work with a clean version of the game. You will need a clean version of the game and your 2 options are:
  1. Download the full 11GB version of the game on Friday
  2. Download the clean 0.5.0 either from this torrent or one of these DDL links then you can just download the 3GB patch.
Since modded saves files don't work with a clean version, you have a few options on how to deal with this:
  1. Start the game again from the beginning (gallery unlocks should still be there and you should be able to skip through until Ep 6) and make all new clean saves
  2. Use the "mod error" fix linked in the OP and hope it still works for Ep 6, if not, then you can wait for it to be updated
  3. Wait until the mod is updated and then apply it and your modded saves from before should still work.
I'd recommend getting and keeping a clean version of the game, even if you just keep the zip file for the game, as it will be easier in the long run to have a clean version that you can apply each patch to and then to have a modded copy of the game.
Ok, got it! I think i will stick with downloading a clean version here from this thread, update to 6.0 when it comes, install the new version of the mod, and put my saves back. This should work. Thanks for the help!

On a side note, I plan on doing clean no-mod run of this game soon. Do you guys think I should be okay with these 3 diferent routes/saves:
- Chick pursuing Jill and Bella (eventually branching for each girl)
- Chick/neutral for Josy/Maya route
- Dik going for Sage and the HOTs, also branching out in new saves as necessary (like if Quinn becomes a main thing)?

What do you guys think? Awesome game, will def subscribe on patreon pretty soon

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
I've been playing the game for a couple of days, I'm loving it, the best of this type and I'm playing with the walkthrough mod and the gallery, I'm screwed for the next update then, fuck XD

Dr. Psychedelic

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
Ok, got it! I think i will stick with downloading a clean version here from this thread, update to 6.0 when it comes, install the new version of the mod, and put my saves back. This should work. Thanks for the help!

On a side note, I plan on doing clean no-mod run of this game soon. Do you guys think I should be okay with these 3 diferent routes/saves:
- Dik going for Sage and the HOTs, also branching out in new saves as necessary (like if Quinn becomes a main thing)?

What do you guys think? Awesome game, will def subscribe on patreon pretty soon
Im telling U playing with the mod is the best option as u can pursue any girl and see both chick and dik scenes without worrying
I personally used the mod in my last and lastest play
to switch immediately b/w paths
stayed on the dik path most of the time for Sage and the DIKS then switched to chick path for Jill and Bella whenever necessaru

Dr. Psychedelic

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
I've been playing the game for a couple of days, I'm loving it, the best of this type and I'm playing with the walkthrough mod and the gallery, I'm screwed for the next update then, fuck XD
store your saves in some folder
you're not fucked wait for the walkthrough mod of episode 6 and then download the 0.6 version and mod it
then copy your previous modded saves in the new modded 0.6 version

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Nailed it. The only difference I have is a fourth save (which I actually do first) where I make all choices as if I were the MC. I label it my canon playthrough. It's so much more fun that way when you do your first run without a guide, mod, or any preconceived notions.

Canon, DIK (Sage), Chick (Jill/Bella), Neutral (Maya/Josy) has always been my go-to order for each new episode. I don't speed run it either. Slow and steady so it usually takes a solid month for me to complete all paths. That means one less month to wait for the next episode. :geek:

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes